“High tea perfection!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“High tea perfection!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

High tea at the Brown Palace was fabulous! I attended tea with 5 others which was perfect because we were able to order a variety of tea for the table. The atmosphere is perfect for a light and enjoyable afternoon with friends and family. The pianist plays in the grand lobby where high tea is hosted and looks like the old man from "Up!" The selection of food is perfect. The homemade biscuits are amazing with the authentic cream and jam. The finger sandwiches are delectable and the desserts are mouth watering. Isaac are server was superb. He was attentive and friendly. He anticipated our needs and answered all of our questions with genuine sincerity. We were a very chatty group, so it's always nice to have a server that has a keen eye for needs when it is harder to interrupt in conversation. Isaac is a keeper.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Kathryn,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your tea at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection® was enjoyable.

I am thrilled that Issac was able to provide exceptional service to your group and I will be sure to reach out to him about your generous comments.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Managing Director
Brown Palace Hotel and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Polish first
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It is probably a little known fact, but the High Tea at the Brown Palace was outstanding! Our server, Isaac, was incredibly attentive and informative. The tea and scones, finger sandwiches, and desserts were amazing. It was an afternoon fit for a queen!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Denver
Reviewed 14 May 2014

High Tea here is fantastic! The sandwiches, scones and pastries are by far some of the best I have ever had. The ambiance is gorgeous, our server Isaac was very attentive, and we had a wonderful time. HIGHLY recommend!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Seldom does any establishment deliver on all fronts. This one does!

We spent our 35th Wedding Anniversary weekend here last week. upon arrival , we received an upgrade to the Top of the Brown room~ very lovely and quite large. Housekeeping delivered a bottle of champagne & chocolate covered strawberries with a note from the managment welcoming us to the hotel!

This hotel is the nines & the florals are amazing. They have their own flower shop across the street. It shows! The bell service trots back & forth delivering bouquets to the restaurants, lobby, atrium & guest rooms. This is one fine oiled machine.

Drinks in the Atrium were beyond classy. Beautiful Music in an awesome setting. Piano is the afternoon for Tea Time & a Jazz quartet in the evenings for cocktails 4-8:00 PM.

Every one that works here is a gem & really seem to truly love their job. It was so refreshing to see so many cheerful faces! This hotel is not stuffy, just extremely classy.

We ate two meals at the Ships Tavern. Don is a standout waiter~ friendly & knowledgable and first rate. The French Onion Soup is some of the best I have ever had~ including Paris.
My husband loved the burgers~ ordered one twice. Great mixologist that pours a mean Jack Daniels~ Ask Don to chose your Beer flights for you~ Remarkable!!

We took the hotels historic tour (Wednesdays & Saturdays at 3:00 PM) ~ Free for hotel guests. Just drop an email to the concierge to reserve in advance.

The hotels location is prime. Close walk to16th Street Mall area & to the Immaculate Conception Cathedral. The hotel has a courtesy limo that will take you to any location within 5 miles of the hotel. Friendly & courteous drivers and a posh car. We never got our car out of the Valet.

I read a review about taking a night light. Excellent advice. There is a mini frig in the room for snacks & drinks. The Brown has their own artisian well so the water is crisp & clean! Great Coffee machine.

I usually write in a pros & cons format ... but there were no cons at this hotel. I would return in a heartbeat.

Nary a glitch in this weeknd getaway!

Most highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Bink51,

First and foremost let me congratulate you on your 35th anniversary! We know that you many choices when picking a hotel to celebrate such a memorable time and we are honored that you chose us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and we are very grateful for the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. Our employees love ensuring that our guests enjoy a true Brown Palace experience and I look forward to sharing your generous comments with all the departments you mentioned.

Once again congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

The Managing Director
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for quick drinks and macaroons. Any excuse we can use to stop or stay at the brown we will do so. Marcel and his staff run an amazing well kept property. Shelly in the cedar bar is worth a trip to meet, she is a Gem! Always exceptional service in every department. I heard they were bought recently by a private firm, so excited, I hope they keep what makes the Brown, the Brown....it's the staff!! Look forward to stopping by for drinks and brunch soon.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Dgojen,

Thank you for the kind comments and your loyalty to the Brown Palace. We agree that unquestionably our staff is our greatest asset. I will reach out to Shelly's manager and let them know that her service is appreciated. We look forward to serving you again soon and please let us know if we can assist you with anything your next time around.

The Managing Director
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed for two nights and it was amazing! We had the basic room but it was very nice! The lobby is the best part of this historic hotel, piano being played it really felt like we were in the roaring 20's! Oh and the location is 1 block from everything!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on top floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rossSavannahGa
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear RossSavannahGa,

Thank you for staying at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. We know that your time is valuable and we appreciate your willingness to share your insight and experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I will make sure I reach out to our lobby musicians and let them know how much you enjoyed the atmosphere they create.

It would be an honor to welcome you to the hotel again!

Managing Director
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed two nights at the Brown Hotel and attended a conference there last month. The hotel itself is historical and beautiful. My king room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I loved having a ceiling fan in my room as well. Housekeeping also did a fantastic job each day. The doormen and front desk personnel were always helpful with anything I asked. The one issue I have with the hotel, and what kept me from giving it 5 stars, is that the hotel charges $13/day for internet service. I find this ridiculous when I'm already paying $270/night for a room. No hotel in this day and age, especially one that hosts conferences, should be charging extra for internet service.

I had one lunch in the Ship's Tavern which consisted of crab cakes and seafood chowder. Both were delicious. Lunchtime was busy and since I was by myself, the waiter even thought enough ahead to try and get my order in ahead of the other larger tables in the restaurant. Great service!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business