Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“EXCELLENT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I attended a planning meeting in Denver and this hotel was wonderful. They quickly found a conference room for us when our original plans fell through. The rooms are comfortable. The concierge not only gave great tips for dinner but actually walked outside and pointed us in the right direction. I didn't get to enjoy the tea time event but it was fun to watch the little girls all dressed up for tea with their moms. And the hotel is 1 block away from an array of restaurant options. I was even surprised to have the best crabcakes I have ever had in Denver!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BPManager, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Rosie D.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates where able to provide you with exceptional service. I will let the concierge know how much you appreciated their help and suggestions.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Denver.

Regards,
Managing Director
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Brown Palace Hotel over a 3 day period on a family gathering event. I arrived a few hours prior to check in and my room was not yet available. Matthew saw me pondering the lobby and offered to check my bags and suggested checking out the town whole waiting for check in. That made me feel very comfortable and cared about so I want too upset about having to temporarily wait for my room. After a few hours I came back and Alex went above and beyond to satisfy our room. There was two of us to a room and we apparently booked one need. We expressed that we desired 2 beds and she was able to name that happen. She discussed with managers multiple times without any hesitation. It was clear that she cared. A free days in, my glasses broke and I returned to the front desk where Alex was again. I felt comforted knowing she would help. We put in a call to engineering for super glue (engineering was not at all helpful or concerned about me not being able to see, that can be very stressful because I have terrible vision) but to my surprise they responded saying they don't have any type of glue. I am certain that as a lie. Alex suggested walgreens or 7/11 and I was able to find it there. She really made me want to come back to The Brown Palace. The service in Ellyngtons was prompt and the food, delicious. However, when we asked for desperate checks our server acted in a way that made it seem overly complicated and made all of us feel uncomfortable (older Asian lady). Otherwise the stay was fantastic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Accommodations was excellent, food was very good and the location was in the city center. Service was first class and staff was attentive and accommodating. The rooms were tasteful and comfortable . I would return to this property again as it is an elegant hotel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer better views.
Green Features: Not sure about the hotels environmental practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the Browns Palace for one night in early July. Oustanding customer service. Was offered to have someone escort me to my room with luggage at check in and offered to contact front desk if I needed anything.
The bathroom and shower were lovely and spacious with many ameneties. The room was a bit outdated, but understand as the hotel is older. The door did not shut properly as mentioned in another post, but made sure to let the property know.

Great location downtown and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Away from the atrium and elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Larkspur, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

As always "The Brown" as Colorado natives refer to the hotel, came through for us like no other
5 Star in the State.

Although they were sold out, Tucker and Brandt at the front desk made every effort to insure our anniversary stay was exceptional. From the bellmen to the cleaning crew, everything, and I mean everything was over the top.

The Staff at "Churchill's, Katie, Shelle and Lauren made our evenings an absolute delight. I must mention that at one evening their was a bit of a rowdy group of fellow's, I will not call them gentlemen at the bar acting out in a totally unacceptable fashion. I am no prim and proper party pooper but I must say Shelle handled them with complete professionalism.

Thank you all so very much for making a wonderful anniversary for us.

Best Regards,

Thomas B. "T.A." Anderson Jr.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room ask for it. All the rooms are nice, all different which is why the Brow...
Green Features: Sound environmental practices. Excellent Tom Anderson.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

When you pay that much for a hotel room, everything should be impressive. First off, my family changed rooms right away because the door to the first room did not close properly. In the second room, we did not get a good night's sleep at all because the air conditioning went out and the noise from the hall was excessive. We could hear everything happening in the hallway including the continual live piano lobby music from the first floor (we were on the 6th floor) because of the open floor plan. Thankfully the piano stopped in the evening. We had to complain in the middle of the night and then they took some action to override whatever A/C programming was keeping the temp control off. Fortunately, in the morning when we told them about our experience, they took some money off of the bill, but we will not be going back.

Positives: It had comfortable beds and the bathroom was large and spacious bathroom. The amenities in the spa were lovely and the massage I had was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sherekhan_11
BPManager, General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Sherekhan,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Brown Palace. Feedback is one of the best ways we can continue to provide a luxury experience to all hotel guests.

We deeply regret that we have fallen short in providing you with the quality Brown Palace experience you were anticipating, and rightfully deserve, during your most recent visit with us. I offer neither excuses nor mitigating circumstances for your less than ideal experience. I have reached out to the engineering department about the ac issues you had in your room.

On behalf of all of us here at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, we hope to have the privilege and pleasure of serving you again.

Regards,
The Managing Director
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Are you going to Denver? Do you want to stay in a hotel that has been continuously operating for over 120 years but has the charm and class of the day it opened, while providing all the amenities of the newest top hotel anywhere? This is it! Beautifully designed in the 1800's with a stained glass huge skylight (original) and maintained and updated to today's demands, with yesterday's elegance retained beautifully. Great amenities and a relaxed restaurant as well as a more formal restaurant, tea in the afternoon in the lobby, and it goes on. Extremely friendly and helpful staff and top notch, well, everything! You will love the stay!

Room Tip: The rooms are all top notch!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple