The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I stay at the Brown Palace every time I am in Denver on business. Their service is great and I love the history. Everyone is friendly and attentive and the restaurants cannot be beat.

Perfect for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
SSSDDD, Public Relations Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2009

Dear Bcoward,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience. I am pleased to hear of our friendly and attentive service as we take great pride in delivering exceptional hospitality. I’m glad you have enjoyed dining with us as well. We are pleased to offer our guests six distinct dining options ranging from afternoon tea and champagne brunch, to contemporary fine dining in Palace Arms or fine spirits & cigars in Churchill Bar. If you love our history I encourage you to take one of our complimentary historical tours next time you are here. These are led by our own historian who takes visitors through our colorful 116-year past. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Shannon Dexheimer-Hulsey

There are newer reviews for The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 22 December 2008

This facility is amazing! My husband and I came in for my company Christmas party, the ballroom was exceptional and the food was fantastic. We decided to stay the night as a extra bonus. What a bonus, our room was beautiful and the service was extraordinary. The Cigar bar was just as beautiful as the rest of the Hotel and again the service was above and beyond our expectations. This Hotel is a must stay with its rich history and beautiful furnishings. The staff at the Brown Palace is just the icing on the cake, what wonderful, helpful folksf. We will make this an annual stay from now on.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 November 2008

Enjoyed the day at the spa and high tea with my daughter. Awomen should treat herself and feel like a queen--Thanks

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 17 November 2008

The Brown Palace was a gorgeous hotel within walking distance of plenty of shopping and a mall. I didn't realize there were tours, but heard a nearby tour party discussing some of the eerie fun ghost stories from the hotel. The tour guide was even dressed in old fashioned costume to fit the tale. I wish I could have stayed for the tea service, it looked lovely-definitely next time. Very comfortable bed, nice views, and great prime rib at this hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff as well. Definitely worth staying here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I have always enjoyed staying at The Brown. It is consistent, and in this case, consistently good. The staff at The Brown are always friendly, and upbeat. The service great. I especially enjoy spending a few hours in Churchill's where I'm treated like a returning family member rather than a customer. The rooms range from somewhat above average but small to spectacular! On my last stay I was treated to the spectacular with a 9th floor corner suite - quite an experience!!! The Brown is also the only property I've ever stayed at where a housekeeper actually sought me out to thank me for leaving a tip on my pillow!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2008

My husband and I enjoyed our anniversary at The Brown Palace in downtown Denver. The room service was great and we relaxed while having breakfast in bed. I had a great time at the spa and my husband really enjoyed the different restaurants and coffee shop.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I stayed in downtown Denver for 4 days, and my highlight, on the last day, was enjoying a GREAT facial at the Brown. The service was excellent, and the "mile high" mask was very relaxing. I liked the steam room, and had a cup of herbal tea when waiting briefly in the adacent waiting area, adorned with photos of this historic hotel. I have to rate this experience as the highlight of my Denver downtown stay, and one of the best spa experiences I have had.

Wendy P, Albuquerque, New Mexico