“Roses and Romance” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado
“Roses and Romance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2009

From the moment we arrived for a very special birthday we were treated like cherished guests. The valet greeted us by name, the room attendant made sure we knew were everything was, the florist was wonderful and very helpful making sure the roses and candles were placed exactly were I specified them, and the morning breakfast arrived on time. Overall, it was magical and will remain one of our very best memories.

• Liked — The history of the hotel.
  • Disliked — The broken sink in the bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
SSSDDD, Public Relations Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 24 March 2009
Dear harpstan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are truly honored to be part of our guest’s special celebrations and hope to welcome you back for many more.

Best,

Shannon Dexheimer-Hulsey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Polish first
Phoeniix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2009

I stay at the Brown Palace every time I am in Denver on business. Their service is great and I love the history. Everyone is friendly and attentive and the restaurants cannot be beat.

Perfect for business or pleasure.

• Liked — architecture
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Dear Bcoward,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience. I am pleased to hear of our friendly and attentive service as we take great pride in delivering exceptional hospitality. I’m glad you have enjoyed dining with us as well. We are pleased to offer our guests six distinct dining options ranging from afternoon tea and champagne brunch, to contemporary fine dining in Palace Arms or fine spirits & cigars in Churchill Bar. If you love our history I encourage you to take one of our complimentary historical tours next time you are here. These are led by our own historian who takes visitors through our colorful 116-year past. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Shannon Dexheimer-Hulsey
Aurora
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2008

This facility is amazing! My husband and I came in for my company Christmas party, the ballroom was exceptional and the food was fantastic. We decided to stay the night as a extra bonus. What a bonus, our room was beautiful and the service was extraordinary. The Cigar bar was just as beautiful as the rest of the Hotel and again the service was above and beyond our expectations. This Hotel is a must stay with its rich history and beautiful furnishings. The staff at the Brown Palace is just the icing on the cake, what wonderful, helpful folksf. We will make this an annual stay from now on.

• Liked — The rooms at the Brown Palace are beyod belief.
  • Disliked — We had to leave.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
denver,colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2008

Enjoyed the day at the spa and high tea with my daughter. Awomen should treat herself and feel like a queen--Thanks

Stayed September 2008
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

The Brown Palace was a gorgeous hotel within walking distance of plenty of shopping and a mall. I didn't realize there were tours, but heard a nearby tour party discussing some of the eerie fun ghost stories from the hotel. The tour guide was even dressed in old fashioned costume to fit the tale. I wish I could have stayed for the tea service, it looked lovely-definitely next time. Very comfortable bed, nice views, and great prime rib at this hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff as well. Definitely worth staying here.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — small room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
North Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

I have always enjoyed staying at The Brown. It is consistent, and in this case, consistently good. The staff at The Brown are always friendly, and upbeat. The service great. I especially enjoy spending a few hours in Churchill's where I'm treated like a returning family member rather than a customer. The rooms range from somewhat above average but small to spectacular! On my last stay I was treated to the spectacular with a 9th floor corner suite - quite an experience!!! The Brown is also the only property I've ever stayed at where a housekeeper actually sought me out to thank me for leaving a tip on my pillow!

• Liked — Location, service, accomodations
  • Disliked — lobby noise
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Palmer, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

My husband and I enjoyed our anniversary at The Brown Palace in downtown Denver. The room service was great and we relaxed while having breakfast in bed. I had a great time at the spa and my husband really enjoyed the different restaurants and coffee shop.

• Liked — The history and unique architecture. The spa was great as well
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple