“"treat yourself"”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 January 2009

I make several trips a year to Denver to visit my son. On my trip in November for his Birthday, I decided to treat myself and stay at The Brown Palace. We had driven by it several times and my son had told me many interesting facts about the hotel that I knew that's where I wanted to stay. From check in to check out I was treated with the utmost courtesy by a very professional staff.
The bed was the most comfortable bed that I had ever slept in, right down to the pillows. Upon my return each night I found my bedding turned down with a chocolate on the pillow. Talk about feeling special! I definitely will return to The Brown Palace.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
SSSDDD, Public Relations Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2009

Dear flyeriowa,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear of our courteous and professional staff as we take great pride in delivering a high level of service to each of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shannon Dexheimer-Hulsey

There are newer reviews for The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 7 January 2009

My mom surprised me with a trip to meet her in Denver for some girl time, a spa weekend at the Brown Palace. We arrived Friday night to the most elegant hotel, all decked out for the holiday season ~ breathtakingly beautiful. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royality ~ from the valets to the concierge to the servers in the Tavern, everyone was so friendly and eager to help in everyway. Our Saturday consisted of spa treatments ~ a facial, pedicure and swedish massage, the works! The girls in the spa were so amazing, took care of us to the hilt ~ insuring that this weekend was as carefree as possible. The decor, the music, the atmosphere all was so perfect and oh so relaxing.

Our room was a perfect! I loved how it felt like you had taken a step back in time! The atmosphere was so true to the hotels era, it was like you could feel all the people who had stayed there ~ imagining them all decked out for a night at the Brown Palace! Not only did this hotel fit our needs perfectly but we are planning many more trips coming up to visit again! I would love to celebrate our future celebrations here, our honeymoon and anniversaries or just another girls weekend ~ I can't wait! Thanks again to the staff for making it a wonderful experience, they were all so professional and genuinly enjoy their job!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family

Dear allemee77,

Thank you so much for sharing your mother/daughter getaway experience. I am delighted to hear of our staff’s superb hospitality, as we pride ourselves in delivering a high level of service to all of our guests. I must agree, The Brown Palace during the holiday season is exceptional – especially the sparkling 25-foot chandelier, which illuminates the lobby with an unparalleled festive glow. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon for your other special occasions.

Reviewed 7 January 2009

From the moment we arrived for a very special birthday we were treated like cherished guests. The valet greeted us by name, the room attendant made sure we knew were everything was, the florist was wonderful and very helpful making sure the roses and candles were placed exactly were I specified them, and the morning breakfast arrived on time. Overall, it was magical and will remain one of our very best memories.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple

Dear harpstan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are truly honored to be part of our guest’s special celebrations and hope to welcome you back for many more.

Reviewed 7 January 2009

I stay at the Brown Palace every time I am in Denver on business. Their service is great and I love the history. Everyone is friendly and attentive and the restaurants cannot be beat.

Perfect for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business

Dear Bcoward,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience. I am pleased to hear of our friendly and attentive service as we take great pride in delivering exceptional hospitality. I’m glad you have enjoyed dining with us as well. We are pleased to offer our guests six distinct dining options ranging from afternoon tea and champagne brunch, to contemporary fine dining in Palace Arms or fine spirits & cigars in Churchill Bar. If you love our history I encourage you to take one of our complimentary historical tours next time you are here. These are led by our own historian who takes visitors through our colorful 116-year past. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2008

This facility is amazing! My husband and I came in for my company Christmas party, the ballroom was exceptional and the food was fantastic. We decided to stay the night as a extra bonus. What a bonus, our room was beautiful and the service was extraordinary. The Cigar bar was just as beautiful as the rest of the Hotel and again the service was above and beyond our expectations. This Hotel is a must stay with its rich history and beautiful furnishings. The staff at the Brown Palace is just the icing on the cake, what wonderful, helpful folksf. We will make this an annual stay from now on.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2008

Enjoyed the day at the spa and high tea with my daughter. Awomen should treat herself and feel like a queen--Thanks

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 17 November 2008

The Brown Palace was a gorgeous hotel within walking distance of plenty of shopping and a mall. I didn't realize there were tours, but heard a nearby tour party discussing some of the eerie fun ghost stories from the hotel. The tour guide was even dressed in old fashioned costume to fit the tale. I wish I could have stayed for the tea service, it looked lovely-definitely next time. Very comfortable bed, nice views, and great prime rib at this hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff as well. Definitely worth staying here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business