“A Special Occasion Destination”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver
“A Special Occasion Destination”
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Brown Palace. The Spa and staff were outstanding. The front desk service has slipped alittle as compared to recent stays. Still pleasant, but not outstanding like it had been in the past. Our room was wonderful. However, when we went to eat at the Palace Arms we had to leave after our drinks were served. When we arrived we noticed a young child (2-3yrs of age) climbing over the seats. The hostess was going to seat us right next to them and we asked for another table. We were celebrating a very special occasion. The hostess, kindly did so. But when the child continued to act up we decided that it wasn't meant to be. When we eat at the Palace Arms and pay the prices that are charged, we expect a high standard of service, and that means no disruptive children that we have to listen to. Therefore, we left and ate elsewhere for our special occasion dinner. It was sad to leave, but we had to.

• Stayed April 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
Arkansas
Reviewed 5 May 2009

I loved this hotel. The afternoon high tea was such a treat. I also loved the spa. I was thoroughly impressed with the "waiting room." They had everything you could imagine needing both before and after your treatment.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2009

The Brown Palace Hotel is an astonishing sight. Every square inch of this place is filled with an impressive elegant beauty. Since it is near where I live, i have gone in simply for a hot chocolate in the lobby on many occasions when driving through Denver ona winter day. Winter is, in my opinion, the best time to go. The christmas decorations make it even more stunning. Here, my aunt has gotten married and last year (2008) came as a cellist where I played with a violinist and pianist, so there is never a shortage of beautiful music. There is also a luxurious spa, which I personally haven't tried but hear it is very nice. The only thing I didn't like, the very high prices.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Had a great massage in the couples room. Great lighting, temperature and overall an extremely professional massage. Relaxing room decor and nice additional spa amenities.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I loved my short stay at the Brown Palace and felt like it was my second home. Everyone was just amazing from the Front Desk to the servers in the restaurants. My spa experience was amazing and the Spa is just gorgeous. My massage therapist couldn't have been better and the "deep tissue" massage was out of this world. To be able to relax in the foyer lounge and listen to the pianists as an added bonus.
Thanks to everyone at the Brown Palace. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 April 2009

The spa is gorgeous. Well worth taking at peek. I went early to use the steam room, and relax. My facial was incredible. Not a bad way to spend a day.

• Stayed March 2009
Reviewed 22 April 2009

The Brown Palace Spa staff are friendly and efficient. I've visited multiple times and enjoyed each experience. They are always able to schedule me with little notice. The spa has a great atmosphere, and the staff really makes you feel pampered. It's a great value!

• Stayed March 2009