“the staff at the brown palace is exceptional!”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2009

my elderly parents were recently in town for our sons graduation. they stayed at the brown palace for 2 nights.the staff couldn't have been nicer! their dinners at the palace arms were wonderful! the staff attended to their every need and then some. everyone was so warm and welcoming from the front desk, valet, room service and bellman, plus all others they came in contact with.their room was wonderful(9th floor),as was ours.it felt like a better version of home. the hotel is beautiful but the staff is what makes it exceptional! that's why we love coming here! thanks for all you did! sincerely, debbie calhoun- conifer, colorado

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed 27 May 2009

My girlfriend and I try to get to the spa once every 3 months. This is by far the BEST spa I have ever been to. The staff is unbelievably welcoming and the atmosphere is calming as soon as you step in to the hotel. After check in, we were escorted down to the womens "locker room" to change in to our robes and slippers to start our experience. We sat in the steam room for about 20 minutes and then waited for our massage therapists to come get us for our massages. While waiting, we enjoyed cucumber water and white chocolate pretzels. The massage why as usual calming, comfortable and overall amazing. Rick was my masseur and he was so wonderful. He was very professional, but made the experience an overall extraordinary stay. I would recommend anyone to try any service at this spa. It's well worth your time and money.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank jpaav4
Reviewed 27 May 2009

As a professional event planner, I have seen almost every hotel in Denver. The Brown Palace is a favorite of mine for it's historic elgance, incredible staff, romantic ambiance and modern updating in the rooms. Every visit, you experience such a wonderful mixture of old world without the stuffiness and new world without the neon!

Their Spa is the only spa I visit in town. Every appointment you are greeted and wisked away by the individual who will be caring for you during your time there. Plush robes, private lockers, clean steam room and so much more. There are a multitude of small, fine touches that I can't even begin to list. And dining at Ellyngton's - what more can I say!

Reviewed 19 May 2009

I didn't stay at the hotel this time but had a spa day. Truly excellent services; mani and pedi, brow wax, and massage. Professional staff, excellent products, great service. The mani lasted forever.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2009

My partner and I returned to Denver for a two week stay. Having greatly enjoyed the massages on one other occasion two years ago at the Brown Palace, we had planned on visiting the Brown while we were in town. That first time we had stayed the weekend at the Brown in addition to the massages. This time like last time, we did the couples package for massages. The service was great - from taking the reservations, the masseuses' services, and the brief visit later by the receptionist who was at the desk when we arrived. That receptionist had not been at the desk when we were finished. But from wherever she was coming from within the hotel heading toward the spa, she diverted and came to our table. We were sitting at one of the tables that was in front of the spa, having high tea (as our way to end the pleasant afternoon at the Brown). We were not facing the spa. So it was quite a nice touch and surprise that she came up to us and spoke with us briefly to include inquiring about the service. We had not expected that. That was nice. The attendants (Ida and Corey) providing the massages were most professional, friendly, answering a variety of questions, checking just enough during the massage to not take away from the experience. I had the deep tissue massage - you would want to pay attention and hope that the massage is done right. I'd say it was. My partner and I had been to other spas since our first spa visit at the Brown and that first spa treatment was the standard we used when we compared it to others. This second time around was just as good as the first. We plan on visiting the Brown Palace each time we return to Colorado (I hope every year).

Reviewed 13 May 2009

The room was so comfortable. The pillows were exceptionally comfortable. The room had been recently updated. It was just a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2009

My husband and I needed a great weekend get-away and we found it at the Brown Palace. Of course we had spent our wedding night there more than 20 years ago so we knew we were in for a treat!

The room we were in was very comfortable. We enjoyed appetizers in the atrium and then dinner in Churchill's. We had a couples massage the next day that was incredibly relaxing!