“The ultimate in luxury, elegance, and comfort”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I've been staying at the Brown Palace Hotel for almost 20 years, and can say that the rooms, service, restaurants, and spa are top-notch. The "Top of the Brown" rooms on floors 8 and 9 are the ultimate treat, but all rooms are comfortable, clean, elegant and luxurious. The hotel has a rich history that can be felt as soon as you walk through the doors. The staff are polite, helpful, and courteous. Afternoon Tea in The Atrium and Sunday Brunch at Ellyngton's are not to be missed. I will continue to stay at the Brown Palace any time I am in Denver. I have travelled worldwide and stayed at some wonderful places, but the Brown Palace remains my absolute favorite.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 September 2009

We are locals who took a 24 hour getaway from the dogs and the kids to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful couple's massage in the Spa to start it out, and finished with a delicious room-service breakfast the next day! The room we stayed in wasn't one of the fanciest but still was beautifully furnished, with yummy dark chocolate at turn down! It was a great way to get in a little mini-vacation - we felt like King and Queen!

Reviewed 24 September 2009

that would bring me back to this hotel. Definitely NOT bed (hard as a rock), definitely NOT the pillows (hard as rocks). The class, the feel of history, the warmth of the colors and the people are really nice. But it's the artesian well water throughout that made it special for me. It left me feeling clean and refreshed, inside and out. My only thought next time will be to ask for a tub. Sadly, our room did not have one. But it did have a beautiful rain shower. Oh, and the air conditioning is non existant so it got a little stuffy. Had a ceiling fan but I find those right over the bed a little drafty. And the windows don't open so if you are claustrophobic - well -

I would have loved to stay another day to do the spa and a tour of the Molly Brown House. I'll go back soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2009

This is a lovely hotel. The lobby and public areas have a wonderful historic feel and are beautiful. Attentive staff, impeccable service, from everyone, all the time. Really first class. Breakfast at Ellyngtons was elegant and delicious. An amuse bouche at breakfast? How charming! French chocolates at turn down? Very nice. The fitness center is state of the art, all brand new machines, located in the hotel across the street, which you reach via an enclosed bridge over the road. The room: nice looking, the bed linens and pillows just okay. The downside was the bathroom with original tiling and original cast iron bathtub, a tub so grungy looking that I didn’t want to step into it to shower, much less get into to bathe. I am not saying it was dirty, maybe they were stains? I didn’t look that close. The tile, while I can appreciate that it was original, just looked dirty. Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat. But I would be sure to ask for a room with a renovated bathroom.

Reviewed 18 September 2009

My cousin and I spent one night at the Brown Palace in Denver on August 1st. We had just spent a week at a conference in Vail and wanted to relax before going home. We signed up for a package that included valet parking, two queen beds, and breakfast. Valet parking was great! Check was simple, and we had a lovely room on the 9th floor. Our beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was luxurious with a large shower and a huge, separate tub. We used the concierge to make reservations for dinner in Larimer Square and for directions to the closest Catholic church. We didn't use the available car because we didn't want to wait. We had a good night and enjoyed our breakfast the next morning. Check out was easy, and our car was right in front with our luggage. The doorman gave great directions to the airport. We enjoyed our stay at this elegant historical hotel!

If you plan to visit the hotel and want to take the tour or have tea, please make reservations ahead of time. We didn't. There was a second tour on that Saturday, so we were able to join it even though we hadn't made prior arrangements. However, we were not able to have tea. Next time, we will plan ahead.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed at the Brown for about three weeks with a few days away in the middle. When you stay this long you get a good sense for a hotel and their staff and have time to see any flaws. During my time, the staff never let me down. They happily stored my excess baggage while I was gone and many greeted me by name and made me feel very at home and welcome on my return.

I stayed in two different rooms. The first had quite a small bathroom but you could tell by the tiling and decor that it is original or close to that. As a result, I found it charming but I'd imagine some would not. In the second room, I got a much bigger and clearly modern bathroom with two shower heads and two sinks. These were equally priced rooms so you could probably request either.

My only criticism of the Brown Palace was that the high speed internet connection was not free. In my opinion its a little misleading when you are booking and I believed it was included and it was one of the reasons I chose this hotel. I did not remove any stars for this drawback however, because when I called the front desk and told them this, they immediately and without any hesitation provided me with a password and free internet for the duration of my stay. I reviewed based on how they responded to my complaint. 5 star service.

Some of the highlights of the stay;
- The beautiful atrium
- The strains of the piano/harp for all to enjoy. Basically a free concert daily and its lovely to see some of the staff enjoying particular pieces or other guests leaning over the iron balconies to listen.
- The water from their own well. No concerns about carbon footprints or wasted packaging, you drink it straight from the taps.
- Interesting free hotel tour twice a week with the hotel historian, Debra.
- Two types of pillows on the bed and turndown service with cute quiz questions.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank WhiskeyGirlDublin
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I hadn't visited the Brown for almost ten years, and found it just as classy, comfortable and relaxing as ever. Service from the desk, bellmen and waiters in the Ships Tavern Restaurant were all excellent. While there are newer first class hotels in Denver, this is still the best.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business