“The hotel is beautiful, and the service fantastic. We had a relaxing time.”

The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Longmont
“The hotel is beautiful, and the service fantastic. We had a relaxing time.”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We went to Brown Palace for a local weekend getaway. We loved the old European, antique style. The staff and service was excellent and our couple's massage was great. A beautiful hotel and a great time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Polish first
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We recently stayed the night at The Brown Palace to take advantage of their King Tut package. What a great value! From the moment you step up to the hotel, you are greeted warmly, graciously, you are made to feel special. They had our room ready early for us, the concierge was extremely helpful, as was the front desk staff. The location of the hotel is great- we were within walking distance of the Denver Art Museum (King Tut Exhibit), the 16th street mall, and only 22 miles from Denver International Airport. There is so much history at The Brown Palace, yet it feels fresh and has all of the latest amenities. When we travel, this hotel is the standard that all the other hotels have to measure up to!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Not only is the Brown Palace a great historical Place, but the service and accomodations are wonderful. My room was so comfortable and homey, I did not want to go to business meetings, just stay in the comfy bed. I am so sorry I did not get to take advantage of the "high Tea' in the afternoon. It looked so regal and the music was soothing.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Avignon, France
Reviewed 13 July 2010

1. Room safe was placed on the floor of a closet into which one has to crawl like a lizard in order to use it;
2. Coffee maker provided with coffee doses of wrong size and no place to plug it in;
3. Hotel operator called twice when I was in the shower to say that housekeeping wanted to deliver laundry but there was a "do not disturb" sign on my door!
4. Restaurant hours are short and inflexible;
5. The Ship's Tavern restaurant had grandiloquent descriptions of food choices, which only exaggerated further the mediocrity of the food.
6. Reception and concierge staff were invariably pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
BrownPalaceHotel, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 26 August 2010
Dear Davthor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you found our reception and concierge staff pleasant and helpful and sincerely apologize for your aforementioned disappointments. If I may address a few of your concerns. I am regretful you found Ship Tavern to be mediocre as it is a local favorite known for the region’s best prime rib and lively piano entertainment, but we are we are proud to offer our guests six unique dining experiences. Our restaurant hours range from 6 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., consisting of three restaurants serving lunch and dinner, one serving breakfast and Sunday champagne brunch, traditional afternoon tea daily, a coffee shop offering beverages and pastries, and 24-hour room service. Concerning the call you received for laundry delivery – we make every effort to ensure delivery of dry cleaning by the time you have requested so as not to inconvenience you and we are not able to do so if there is a “do not disturb” sign on your door. I am very sorry if you found our attempts to deliver to be unsatisfactory. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Hotel Management
Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights. It's ok. It is clean, and the pianist is a nice touch. But the charges for everything are unreasonable. I found out on the 5th night of my stay that the wireless code that is suppose to only work in the lobby, works in my room. I'm actually using it now. I called to complain, because I feel as if I was deceived. The manager was rude, and talked down to me. I think he could have at least offered to comp 50% of the charges. That would have made me feel better.

I wish I had figured this out the first night I was here, and I could have saved money. They charge $9/day. I have a very demanding job that requires me to stay "on the grid". It's hard for me to concentrate in a lobby.

Get the code the first night, and save your money.

I'll be back to Denver, but not this hotel.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BrownPalaceHotel, Front Office Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Dear FloridaNASAgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We make every effort to provide our business travelers with exceptional amenities including a 24-hour business center, complimentary Mercedes, on-site concierge and five distinct restaurants ranging from a casual pub to contemporary fine dining. Additionally, we perform ongoing research to offer competitive internet rates with several other luxury hotels in the area and apologize for your disappointment. After viewing your experience, we are currently in the process of updating our system for complimentary access in the lobby and assure you that this has been resolved. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that may have occurred and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Ryan Pratt
Director of Front Office Operations
ZP83
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I thought for Valentines Day and my one year anniversary with my partner we would splurge and stay at the Brown's because of its historical appeal. I wanted to stay in the Teatro however, I thought I would give this a shot because I ALWAYS stay at the Teatro in Denver. However, my heart still stays with the Hotel Teatro. It is simply not up to par with the Teatro at all. The service does not feel as personalized. The Sunday brunch was mediocre at best that we attended. The room was huge however, just very very dated compared to other hotels in the area. The car service was not very well organized compared to the Teatro. The furniture in the hotel lobby was embarrassing because some of the legs were missing off of the chairs. The beds were not very comfortable I found. The sheets were too scratchy for me and the bed cover generated so much static and often shocked me. I think the Brown's has appeal to another generation, just not my style at all. A little too old and not up to par with other hotels in Denver. Overall to be honest it is a FAIR hotel nothing very special.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
BrownPalaceHotel, Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
Dear ZP83,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our sincere apologies for your disappointment. The Brown Palace Hotel and Hotel Teatro were actually both recently included in the 500 World’s Best Hotels by Travel + Leisure 2010, and were the only two Denver hotels to achieve this. To clarify a few points you mentioned, as Denver’s only hotel to receive both the prestigious Four-Star and Four-Diamond ratings for more than 30 years, we adhere to a high standard of quality and take great pride in providing our guests with attentive service. In order to achieve these ratings we follow strict standards and missing legs on furniture in our lobby would not be permissible. While we are a historic luxury hotel, we are pleased to offer our guests modern amenities such as LCD flat screen televisions, iPod docking stations and wireless Internet, as well as stunning new marble bathrooms and a luxurious spa. You also mentioned attending our renowned Sunday Champagne Brunch, which features cooked- and carved-to-order items, a large salad and seafood presentation, chef-prepared desserts, and three choices of champagne as well as live music. We are sorry you did not find it more than mediocre as it is consistently awarded one of the best brunches in Denver. We believe that our historic charm, superior service and modern amenities provide our guests with a unique and unparalleled experience and we are regretful you did not enjoy your time with us.

Hotel Management
Anoka, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We spent 5 days in Denver visiting our son and future daughter-in-law. For Mother's Day, they booked us a room at the Brown Palace, which is a fantastic facility. And it is within walking distance of great shopping, eating, and entertainment venues.

Our favorite part of our stay was a visit to the Ship Tavern where visiting and local singers often stop in to entertain. Shortly after we arrived, two performers sang show tunes to the guests--one singer used to perform at the Met in New York --wandering around the tables sharing their beautiful voices! A wonderful surprise!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple