“Weekend Get-Away”

Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Key West, Florida
“Weekend Get-Away”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We came to the hotel for a weekend get-away and loved it. The staff was wonderful. The history of the hotel just added to its ambiance. We were up-graded at check-in and loved the room which was on the Wazee St. side of the building.
Our only complaint was the noise at night, which the hotel has no control over. Perhaps, in the future, they might invest in new windows with noise-reduction features.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Timeless09, Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the fact that you were woken up by street noise. We have many rooms away from the street. Please feel free to contact me directly to personally select a room the next time you are in Denver. I am glad that overall you had a good experience and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I had missed my connection at the greyhound station and the next one wasn't for 24 hours later. My parents put me up at the Oxford Hotel last night. The service was amazing!!!! They picked me up at the station to bring me to the hotel so I didn't have to haul all my heavy luggage alone there. The room was gorgeous!!! Best ever. They allowed me to stay until 2pm and even held my luggage while I roamed the area until my bus came. A driver took me back to the station and even carried my bags inside to where I needed to be instead of just dropping me off at the location. Now that's customer service!!!! The only thing I would have to comment on is that there isn't a complimentary breakfast, which I would have loved or perhaps a slight discount at McCormicks for being a guest at the Oxford Hotel. I will definitely stay here again if I am ever in Denver again!

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for sharing your experience. Our Bellmen are the best in the business and take great pride in serving our guests. They always look for ways to go above and beyond to continually improve our guest service. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We enjoyed our 2 night stay. The staff was wonderful. Don't miss a visit to the original bar which was the first one opened after prohibition.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The Cruise Room is an amazing bar and extremely popular with the locals as well. It was designed the same as the bar on the original Queen Mary and opened before the ship had her maiden voyage. Great place to people watch as well. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Colorado Springs Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I statyed at the Oxford for the Sade concert at the Pepsi Center. I spent the night on the pull out sofa in what the hotel calls their parlor suite. The mattress is NOT a mattress but a thin
box spring where there was no pad or cushion on the hundreds of hard wire springs that
pierce your body all night long. In the morning I called the front desk and asked for the manager to please come up to the room to inspect the mattress personally but that did not happen. I was only told that they would "send maintenance" to assess the situation and that
they would then decide if there was a problem. "IF" there is a problem. In all my 51 years of traveling around the world from roadside motels in the US to the Saxon recently in Johannesburg, NEVER have I spent a more miserable night in in such a heinous torture contraption. Mgt. took some $ off my bill, but that didn't make up for my loss of sleep or the refusal of Mgt. to go my room to see the problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank rounsley
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid response. Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay being less than satisfactory. This is not the usual experience our guests have when staying with us. We have already addressed the mattress issue and used your review as a training tool with our mangers and staff. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can have you back as our guest to allow us to prove to you what we are truly about.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for one night at the beginning of our trip to Boulder and RMNP. The hotel is in a good location for exploring the 16th Mall and nearby attractions. It's a historic property so the lobby and rooms reflect the period in which the hotel was built. It has a nice ambiance without feeling stuffy or outdated. Upon check-in we were given complimentary bottles of water, which we gulped down since it was about 100 degrees in Denver that day. They also offer complimentary tea, coffee and apples. Our room was quite large and very clean. The shower was a bit small, but totally manageable. We did use the gym. It's in the basement so there aren't any windows, but the equipment is fairly new and well maintained. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Oxford. We are blessed with an amazing location with some of the best restaurants, clubs and many local attractions just steps away. We are pleased that you had a positive experience during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Denver.

Encinitas, CA
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Oxford is exactly what you hope for when staying at a downtown boutique hotel. Great location in LoDo, close to Coors Field and lots of restaurants. Beautifully furnished lobby and guestroom, nice period furniture with modern electronics and bath. Extremely friendly, helpful staff - everyone from the front desk to the doorman and valet. Complimentary wifi worked well and we really appreciated the morning coffee service on each floor. We were traveling with our dog who was made to feel very welcome with treats and friendly greetings from all the staff and many other guests.

Our room was a Parlour Suite, which was a true suite with a living room area with sofa, desk, flatscreen TV and a separate bedroom with a king bed and another flatscreen TV, with a smallish bathroom with a very nice glass enclosed shower. A/C, controlled by a wall thermostat, was quiet and efficient. Our package rate included valet parking and the hotel does not charge a pet fee, so we thought it was quite a good value. No surprises on the bill at checkout, just the room rate and taxes, no previously undisclosed additional fees. Basically a perfect experience from beginning to end!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leucadian
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased that you had the true "Oxford Experience." We have an amazing staff that allows us to achieve this. We always welcome our four legged guests as well with as much passion. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels take you to Denver.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I am writng as a Marriott Platinum (107 nights last year) and must say that my "Oxford experience" exceeded my expectations in every way. I am now a beleiver in the personal touches afforded me by the staff from check - in to check - out.

Thanks Oxford Staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take great pride in our staff as they all truly understand guest service and love what they do. We look forward to serving you again in the future.