“Home away from home!”

Ranked #4 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Los Angeles
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stay at this hotel every time I come to Denver. I love the patina of this historic hotel and its location.The service is consistently excellent. My stay this weekend was no different. I had a spacious second floor room with a comfortable king. The hotel limo was available for me every time I needed it and at a moments notice. This was a great resource for me as I was attending a conference at the convention center. Front desk was also great! The dry Denver air never fails to inflict its punishments on me, but the friendly front desk personnel provided me with an abundance of water bottles. The happy hours at McCormick & Schmicks and the lively Cruise Room (both next to the hotel lobby) give a hotel patron great options especially on a snowy evening. I'm definitely looking forward to my stay here over the holidays.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Prince George, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed for 3 nights - everyone was so helpful and friendly, particularly Patrick & Heather. Using the town car was really handy for going out to dinner. The room was comfortable. The history of the Oxford makes it special! Definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2011
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here on a short business trip to Denver. All I could think was how nice it would be to come back to the Oxford for a romantic weekend with my wife. Loved the old charm of the place and because it's not a huge hotel the staff makes you feel a little more special. Great gym and spa at the annex next door. Convenient LODO location.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Baker, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have traveled all over the world and am used to every sort of hotel. The Oxford has earned it's place as my favorite all-time hotel....mainly because the service is SECOND TO NONE! From the valets, front desk, room service, and on through to the waiters....EVERY wish was fulfilled expertly, swiftly and with genuine friendliness. I expected small rooms, as this is an older hotel; however, every room was HUGE, homey & beautifully furnished. I hope that I have reason to return to Denver soon....so that I can visit the Oxford once again. P.S. Don't miss happy hour downstairs. Good food, great price.

Room Tip: Ask for a tub if you don't like showers. Presidential Suite was outta this world! Mention that...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

The most prefect place to stay in Denver. We could walk to the best resurants in town, including McCormick's, located just downstairs. 16th St is just around corner or so with free public transportation to shops & sites. Use the towncar service at least once tho! The Oxford Spa adjoins the hotel & their ahhhh-some services are easily accessed by private elevator. I slipped in & out unnoticed every morning to the gym & steam room wearing the long, plush robe provided. The entire staff went out of their way to make our trip a memorable one. Our last night, we sat by a cozy fire downstairs with our drinks fromthe bar. The temperature dropped from 80° day before! and the snow began to fall. I (honestly) tearfully left the next morning, after awaking to a winter wonderland.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank igottagogogo
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Oxford is a refurbished hotel which has kept the charm from its old days. Each room I have been is furnished differently. They have older furniture that has been refurbished. The decor is a little tired but I find place charming.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I picked the Oxford because it was the most affordable place in the lower downtown area. I wasn't expecting much, but ended up being very pleased.

It's in a great location within walking distance to a number of nice restaurants, a couple of blocks from 16th street and right next to Union Station.

The hotel was great. Staff was very friendly and professional. I normally am turned off by pushy service staff and having to tip multiple people just to get to my room, but the staff at the Oxford was very polite and asked to provide service. The front desk manager was very professional while still being fast and polite.

The rooms are good size for a historic hotel and have modern conveniences. Expect a creaky wood floor, but all the modern conveniences. I liked that the rooms had some character instead of the typical cookie cutter hotel chains. Views aren't great mostly because of the location so I wouldn't pay more for a room with a view.

We also ordered room service after a couple too many beers at the football game and it was very good. I'll definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are going to have a room of a rooftop or the back of some other building. I would...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple