The Oxford Hotel
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$195
US$155
  • Breakfast included
US$203
US$186
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Breakfast included
US$464
US$333
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown(Denver)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$317
US$143
US$293
Hotels.com
1,171 results
All reviewscruise roomoldest hotelunion stationbourbon tastingcruise barantique furniturebourbon barcoors fieldcadillac escaladelower downtowntown carmodern convenienceshistoric charmcharming hotelhalf blockbell stafflodo area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2007

We wanted to stay near to Amtrak station as we were taking Train #5 to Salt Lake City. Could not have been closer, about 50 yards. Easy walk to Coors field, 17th street mall and LoDo. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful - one insisted on taking our luggage to the station. Quiet rooms even though in a downtown location and on a night of the baseball playoffs.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChessiePeake
Reviewed 14 November 2007

I travel freqently & prefer to stay in historic hotels that have character. The Oxford Hotel has been the best location that I have stayed at in a long time. The lobby & entire hotel is filled with antiques that are beautiful- but are still comfortable (not like some that you are afraid to sit on). The bed was super comfortable & I enjoyed the chocolate & weather report that I received each night on my pillow & the slippers & robe. The best part of the hotel (other than the terrific service!) was the extra thought that they obviously put into the experience. They had LOTS of power outlets easily accessible and modern TV, BOSE Ipod radio with all the extra connectors in the room. One my floor they served coffee each morning- much better than an inroom machine which I hate to use! Had a printer & fax machine & PCs in the public office area & FREE WIFI throughout the hotel! I loved it! It really is important to the business traveler to have these amenities.
I hope I get to come back to Denver soon for work!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank rhill639
Reviewed 12 November 2007

I have stayed in classic, older hotels before never felt quite so geriatric myself until I stayed at the Oxford. The lobby itself was very nice and the front desk clerk greeted me warmly - too bad he couldn't give me the room with the king size bed that I had booked. I took the extremely small and creaky elevator to my room with 2 queen beds and immediately had flashbacks of my grandmother's vacation house when I entered - unmatched wood dressers, loud chintz bedspreads with frayed edges, and a full length standing mirror that I couldn't use because it would only tilt toward the carpet. I almost fell over when I walked into the bathroom. There sat a toilet surrounded by huge metal support bars - the kind that one would use to take themselves from a wheelchair to a toilet. Interesting. The bathroom, though large, also had a few other problems. There was zero counterspace on the pedestal sink and only a tiny shelf for soap above the sink. I had to place my toiletries and make-up on the floor while trying to get ready - no easy task with the extremely dim lighting. The shower also was a bit creaky and alternated between hot and cold with no discernable pattern, maybe people in the other rooms were flushing toilets.

Besides the room's appearance, my lovely view of the air conditioning units on the rooftop below also added their loud and constant electrical buzzing to my sleep challenges. The hard mattresses were no help either. After my restless night, I woke at 7:00 to get ready for a business meeting and was greeted about 10 minutes later by banging and hammering sounds in the room next to mine. What fun. My breakfast arrived on-time but unfortunately cold. And I don't mean less than hot - I mean COLD. The potatoes were almost raw, but I did somewhat enjoy the frittata - saved from the bin by a healthy amount of very fresh veggies.

On a positive note, I thoroughly enjoyed the "Cruise Room" bar which was very lively for a Monday night and the complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby was a lifesaver!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank marsmc888
TimelessOxford, Director of Operations at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2007

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are in the process of an ongoing renovation in our pursuit of addressing any physical deficiencies. Our goal at the Oxford is to embrace our rich history and past and blend that with 21st Century luxury service, amenities and technology. For this reason we are working to improve the hotel from a physical perspective and have recently added flat screen televisions and Bose Wave radios with iPod docking stations. We are required and fully desire to offer certain amenities and features in a few bathrooms to accommodate guests with disabilities and it sounds as though we inadvertently checked you into one of these rooms. We are sorry for this oversight.

I truly appreciate your willingness to share feedback and would love the opportunity to show you the capability of our team. Feel free to contact me personally as we would love to host you as our guest again.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 31 October 2007

My husband and I stayed here in mid-October for 4 nights. I have mixed feelings about the property. Some things we liked a lot, others not so much. Adam at the front desk was the best - very helpful and friendly, he always made us feel welcome -- he even checked us in early the day of our arrival - we did not expect our room to be ready and it was. Another employee who's name we did not catch was great when we called for an ice bucket. The lobby is warm and welcoming and they had a fire going in the fireplace the day it snowed (yes, in October) which was nice. We liked amenities such as the coffee service in the hallways in the morning, free wireless internet, proximity to the Oxford Spa (Allison's facial was the best), and use of the fitness center at the Spa. The location in downtown is optimal, which leads to a negative - noise. Some traffic noise, but very loud, drunk people walking the streets at night made it hard to sleep, not the hotel's fault, obviously, but something to consider if you are a light sleeper. Things we didn't like: $25 for valet parking! - ouch; we asked for a ride in the hotels car service and got an attitude; the mildew on the ceiling of our bathroom, and the extremely worn out carpet. If management is reading, please please please replace the torn, stained carpet in room 514. It was nice, but I am not sure if we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VAbeachgirl
TimelessOxford, Director of Operations at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2007

We apologize that you encountered a staff member who was not friendly. We appreciate your candid feedback and will incorporate it into our ongoing service training. Encountering mildew in a bathroom is unacceptable to us as well. We have addressed this deficiency with our housekeeping staff. We also recognize that at times there exists distracting "urban noise" and we will continue to work through our security staff to address noise issues that are within our control. We would love to have you as our guests again. Please contact me directly to experience all our lovely property has to offer.

Reviewed 29 October 2007

We booked what was supposed to be a suite for $300 for 4 adults. It turned out to be just a room with a couch/hideabed that was very hard. The view out the windows was only of rooftops and brick buildings. There was no privacy, and the bathroom was so small that you could barely get undressed in there!!

This is a beautiful, conveniently located hotel, but it was ridiculous what we were charged. They had all the amenities, but I'd rather the skip the bathrobes and $5 bottle of water and give me a view and a larger room. The TV faced a wall - what's up with that? No chairs could go in front of it, and if you turned it, only 2 of us could watch the TV. Strange setup. Trying to make it work, but it didn't!!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank maxieVancouver98683

We have a wide range of rooms and room types and apologize that the one we selected did not exceed your expectations. We do not feel any guest should have to pay for an experience that does not meet his or her expectations. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with Tina Moodie at 303-28-5400. We would love the opportunity to serve you again and would personally select a different room should you give us another chance.