“Old Timey updated goodness”
Review of The Oxford Hotel

The Oxford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Beautifully renovated vintage hotel. Great location in Downtown Denver - close to many restaurants and bars. We were there weekday, so it was quiet. The interior has antiques and heavy brocade drapes, but doesn't feel stuffy. It feels updated and clean, despite the traditional styling in the room. The lobby is little more transitional in the design. Staff is very helpful and courteous. The bed was comfortable. The shower clean, nicely designed, and there was good water pressure. McCormick and Schmidts is in the hotel, so easy to grab a bite for breakfast. Park up the street - about a block, for less than the valet. I would stay again for certain.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I recently had a one night stay for business in downtown Denver. Everyone I met on the hotel staff was extremely gracious and efficient. The hotel is old world style hotel. Despite its age the hotel is extremely clean and well maintained. Will stay there again on next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had a surprisingly spacious room. It was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Mikey the canary in the lobby was a highlight for my daughter. I liked the quick access to McCormick and Schmick's Restaurant and the historic ambiance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Oxford Hotel is located in the heart of LoDo in Denver. It's walking distance from the16th Street mall, Coors Field, Union Station and everything else downtown. Next door is McCormicks Seafood Retaurant as well as several other upscale eateries up and down the street. Valet parking is available. It was built about 100 years ago and maintains the luxury of that era with wood paneling, brass, fireplaces and doormen. The rooms are remodeled and comfy. I like it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Afsi B, General Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your recent experience at the Oxford with us . I am happy to hear that we were able to provide a memorable experience for you . We think we have a special hotel and it's always nice to hear that others think so too.

PleaAfsi Bird

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We checked in, got valet for car, ordered room service----everyone was prompt and courteous. Room was very nice, we slept well. The breakfast we ordered was good, not the best in the world---although the bacon was divine. The location is unbeatable; you can walk to anywhere in lower downtown (LoDo) Denver. Also, there were certain perks that we read about or saw but did not partake that made this place interesting. They have a giant bookshelf full of books if you get bored, the bar off the lobby looked fabulous, and there was a Spa.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Please call me directly if I can be of any service to you for your future visits.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I loved staying at the Oxford. The staff are so friendly and the hotel is truly unique and tastefully decorated. I really have to hand it to the door men and the guys who drive the courtesy van. It didn't matter how stressed out I likely appeared, they saw me coming and gave me a big smile and hello and it meant a lot to me to feel so welcome. It is always a magical experience for guests to feel pure warmth and friendliness from every member of the staff, though it is unfortunately quite rare. The Oxford succeeds beautifully and I will recommend them to all of my friends because of it.

The only complaint I have is the food. It is just not very good. It is obvious that the quality is below what should be served at a nice hotel. I think, in particular, the Oxford should be able to serve up a good Latte. Mine came with no foam and the taste was not any better than what I could pick up at a cheap diner. Morning rituals are important to people and I would love to see them improve on this front.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Afsi B, General Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Geust,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! It is wonderful to read your comments and to see that our staff was able to deliver a memorable experience for you . We will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I always try and stay at The Oxford when visiting Denver. With many generic hotel rooms around it is genuinely refreshing to find a hotel with so much character.
I had just seen the film "Lincoln" on the flight over, which for me added to the experience!
The rooms are individually decorated and furnished. I don't recall ever staying in an identical room.
The staff are obliging and helpful. Whilst McCormick's provides excellent refreshment.
The hotel is situated close to a wide variety of restaurants and very near to the main railway station.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us . I am happy to hear that we were able to provide a memorable experience for you . We think we have a special hotel and it's always nice to hear that others think so too.