“Great Staff and a Great Location”
Review of The Oxford Hotel

The Oxford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at The Oxford Hotel for one night while we were travelling through Colorado. It was a great choice. Very well located for walking or locating public transportation. They also offer free car service within a two mile radius of the hotel. Our room was on the second floor. It was very clean and the bed/pillows were incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower had excellent water pressure. The staff make this special place shine. My sister and I asked for directions and recommendations and were not led wrong. Everyone was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I'd love to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Brandon H, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear guest,

We are so lucky to have had the honor of your visit! It’s important to us to be able to share our favorite parts of Denver as recommendations for special guests and it sounds like you have a great Denver experience! Next time you travel through with family, let us know and we will help the whole family get to know our neighborhood!

Brandon Hendricks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Oxford Hotel in Denver. The hotel is a historic structure from 1891 and has been restored to its former elegance. Our room was large with semi-antique furniture that contributed to the ambiance. The bathroom had a multi-head shower but lacked a bathtub. The hotel lobby is large and comfortable to spend time in. All of the staff made us feel very welcome with the valet parking particularly friendly and helpful. The hotel location is very convenient to the Lower Downtown area and you can easily walk to restaurants and shopping. A car is not necessary unless you want to get out of the city. Visit their Cruise Bar while at the Oxford to take in its Art Deco style and creative cocktails.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brandon H, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest,

The ‘old bones’ of this building are as old as they come! As you can imagine, we take special care of the building to make sure that we maintain the combination of historic charm and modern convenience. The engineering team responsible for the most recent renovation did an incredible job and the reason why there is still a step into the bathroom for some of the rooms is because the plumbing could not be moved.

Thank you for choosing to visit us! Your weekend sounds like it had everything an autumn weekend should complete with relaxing spa services, a sports game, and awesome late-night menu! We look forward to taking care of you on your next visit to Denver!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place was excellent. It is an old fashion style hotel complete with actual keys in the cubbyhole behind the main desk. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Its location is excellent in LoDo near Coors Field and all the great dining choices and bars.

• Stayed: September 2013

It is lovely to hear th
at you enjoyed your time in our beautiful neighborhood! Next year, the Union Station will reopen as a hotel with restaurant and retail space. Of course, the charm of the neighborhood will be kept the same – we are simply adding to the convenience and dining choices of the area. See you next time!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We celebrated our anniversary in the presidential suite a couple months ago. Absolutely over the top in every way possible. The service is top notch. We stay at the Oxford every other month and never have had a room we did not like. If you have the extra coin, spring for the presidential suite and you will not be disappointed. The room was clean and the linens where fresh as always. Fabulous location in downtown Denver. The complimentary shuttle is more like a personal driver service. On time, helpful, friendly and professional. Having cocktails in the cruise room was fun and convenient. We consider ourselves "foodies" and had a great experience at the restaurant. From checking in to checking out, every second was memorable and enjoyable. After a long night of sampling Denver's finest beverages, the following morning was made a treat with a relaxing spa visit. Tons of great history to this hotel with modern day service and amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I can't stop thinking about how great my experience was at The Oxford Hotel while visiting Colorado. Prior to my stay, I had altitude sickness, after staying up in Keystone for a wedding, and had to descend down the mountains as fast as I could the morning of what would be the beginning of our stay at The Oxford Hotel. We had plans to stay at The Oxford, so I gave them a call to see if we could get in early somehow -- all I could think about was a nice, quiet, place to lay down with a jug of water.

The woman I spoke with was extremely understanding, accommodating, and thoughtful. She told me it would be no problem. When we made it to the hotel, she had bottles of water waiting for me. It made a bad situation not so bad. Then, I look over and saw an adorable little bird in an antique looking cage, which was definitely unique. The lobby had a historic, yet modern feel and I was excited to be there despite physically feeling terrible from the altitude sickness.

My excitement grew as we made our way to our room. The historic, yet updated feel was consistent throughout the floor we were staying on and of course, remained the same as we made our way to our room. I initially thought that staying at this hotel in downtown Denver would mean that it would be loud and noisy in the room, but it was actually very quiet. I got the best sleep during the entire trip at this hotel, it was very peaceful and relaxing.

Everything in the hotel room was clean, the bathroom was larger than bathrooms in typical hotel rooms, and had the same charming, unique feel and again, was very clean.

When waiting for our car before venturing out for dinner, the staff recommended some closer vegetarian restaurants in case the one we were venturing out to was too crowded.

When we went to check out the next morning, the guy at the front desk was also very nice and personable. My husband commented that everyone that seemed to work at the hotel seemed happy to be there. I got the same vibe. I wish we had stayed at The Oxford the entire time we were out in Colorado -- it was the best part of our trip. The hotel was relaxing, the staff was great, the location was good, and the building was charming. Perfect combination.

I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Denver. It's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're into ghosts, stay in Room 322. We coincidentally stayed in Room 320 (I looked up wheth...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are so happy to hear we were part of your favorite portion of your trip! There is nothing worse than to try to enjoy a celebration when the altitude doesn’t agree with you. It sounds like once you were feeling better, though, you were able to enjoy the surrounding areas. Hopefully, next time you won’t be afflicted by the elevation!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent a weekend away at The Oxford. We chose the hotel for its history, charm and location and were not disappointed. The hotel was first built in 1891 so the bones are old, but that just adds to the charm and beauty. The lobby, although on the smaller side is impressive when you walk in. The key boxes, with real room keys, behind the front desk are a nice touch back in time and away with the swipe cards. We had a deluxe king on the fourth floor and were very impressed with the size of the room and its charm. The bathroom, although not large was more than adequate and of good design; watch out for that step however! The bed was beyond comfortable and both nights we were there the room was quite, even with three receptions going on on Saturday night. We had a breakfast package and that worked out great with McCormicks downstairs.

The location is another plus. We walked to the Rockies game Friday night and walked with the crowd back to LoDo when the game ended; only a couple of blocks. We were able to grab a quick late bite at McCormicks before heading upstairs. The following morning we took a self guided walking tour of LoDo, learning about the areas rich history and understanding how the hotel played a key role in that history, again the location of the hotel was key. A visit to the spa, McCormicks again and the Cruise Bar finished off a great Saturday.

The service during our stay was what you would expect from a first class operation. Everything we need was taken care of instantly from additional towels to directions. Great staff!

We highly recommend The Oxford with its rich history, old time luxury and location in LoDo to anyone wanting to get to know the real Denver.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have to say I was very excited about checking in this hotel. The rooms looked beautiful from the photographs and everything I had read about it on trip advisor sounded like the perfect spot.I made my reservation and noticed on Tripadvisor they advertise for free back breakfast so I called the hotel and asked about that and he said we were staying in the wrong room for free breakfast And if the room that had a free breakfast was a higher price. That made no sense whatsoever. Aside from that the hotel is very charming it's like staying in a pretty nice old hotel in Europe. The housekeeping was probably the main drawback of this place, when I checked into my room and went into the shower that was dried soap and hair in the soap dish. The next day when housekeeping did the room I had iron something and they didn't put away the ironing board or the bathrobes. Also in the hotel they were several cabinets that had nothing in them and looked strange to be empty. I think with a little attention this hotel could be absolutely great. The location is fantastic the staff was exceptional everyone who worked there was very very nice and bed was very comfortable. I asked for quiet room I got upgraded to a larger room which was terrific. All of the great restaurants are in walking distance. we did have breakfast in McCormick and Schmidt next door which was not great. Definitely a lot a lot of better breakfast places in Denver. We also tried to spa next door which if you are in the mood for deep tissue massage it is truly a deep tissue massage. All considered I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brandon H, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting us and for your review! Of course, we are always interested in improving the ways we operate our business so we have already discussed your review in our morning meeting. I looked into rate availability for the complimentary breakfast and that offer cannot be applied to reservations that are already receiving a discount. Guests who book through other websites or who are already receiving a discount from a membership like AAA are ineligible for this offer.

We are pleased you experienced our lovely city! It sounds like you made it to some of my favorite places during your trip including the spa. It’s a phenomenal place for relaxation and healing and we hope to see you here again soon!