“Our Favorite Denver Hotel”
Review of The Oxford Hotel

The Oxford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I have been staying at The Oxford Hotel whenever we come to Denver for over ten years, and we love it! We started off making it our Denver landing place when we took the train to Glenwood Springs, and lately we've been making it our romantic weekend destination. The staff are warm and friendly, the rooms are as comfortable as they are beautiful, and the amenities (valet parking, lobby, room service, spa, town car, Cruise Room, Corner Room, McCormicks, etc.) are superb. I would recommend The Oxford to anyone looking for a luxurious stay in Downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are particularly awesome.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ted C, Sales Coordinator at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear repeat guest,

Ten years of romantic tradition! That's incredible and we are so very honored that we get to be a part of it! The passenger train is a beautiful scenic trip and Glenwood Springs is a charming mountain town, itself. With our proximity to the train station and a welcoming charm that matches the mood of your trip, I think you two have found the perfect way to start off your vacation.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us all of these years. You two are the type of family whose visit we look forward to every year! We can't wait to see you again next year!

Best regards,

Teddy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,136)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Oxford on Sunday night with my partner and we had the most amazing time! Everything about this hotel is perfection, from the Christmas tree and open fireplace in the lobby, to the valet guy James, to the welcome mats in the elevators that change every day. We saw Sunday and Monday written on the carpet during our stay! Love the beds in the Oxford, they're so comfy, oh and don't forget bath salts as you'll probably want to try the claw foot tub like I did! We ate dinner and breakfast at McCormick's and both meals were exceptional, especially the Lobster bisque at dinner and the eggs bennidict Southern style for brekkie. We also had two cocktails in the Cruise Room and you shouldn't miss this, it's a Denver institution, not to mention the fact that the cocktails were yummy.

I wrote my blog on this hotel I loved it so much. You can read it here if you like. http://beckywicks.com/how-to-beat-an-alcohol-ban-and-get-seriously-addicted-to-oysters-in-denver-the-oxford-hotel-has-it-all/

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ted C, Sales Coordinator at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear honored guest,

Firstly, thank you for your glowing review of our boutique hotel! We become absolutely giddy when travelers tell such detailed stories about their experience and you have a lovely blog! This is certainly a special time of year and we think it's a fitting experience to have combined the seasonal ambiance with soul-warming food and crafted cocktails.

Of course, the experience of our location and charming hotel might not be worth as much if the room lacked a comfortable bed... It sounds, though, like you had a relaxing guestroom stay with a great night's sleep!

It was truly an pleasure having you two with us here in Denver and look forward to seeing you next time you are passing through! Have a lovely holiday!

Best regards,

Teddy

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in the Oxford. My corner King birthday was perfect for a birthday girl. The ltbed was SUPER comfortable, I must say. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There's a car service to help you get around downtown and all service is delivered with a smile. They might want to work on the details, tho. My room service breakfast was soggy and kind of gross. (The front desk took it off my bill, though!) And my shower had two dispensers of conditioner, when I think one should have been a shower gel (rm 410). Minor, quibbles. The spa was wonderful (get the hot stone. GET IT!) And the bar "The Cruise Room", excellent cocktails. Love it.

Room Tip: make sure you get an outside facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Ted C, Sales Coordinator at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear guest,
It sounds like you were able to sample many different facets of our hotel and we are pleased that those minor mistakes didn’t get in the way of a lovely birthday celebration! Relaxation is an important ingredient for any hotel stay and we agree with you about the beds: they are incredibly comfortable! We would love to have you return soon! Whose birthday is next?

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

If you are visiting Denver and need a good place to stay in the Downtown area, you'd be doing yourself a favor by staying at the Oxford. The location is unbeatable: it's within walking distance to lots of happening places like Larimer square, the 16th street Mall, and Denver Center for Performing Arts. I never felt I needed a car throughout my the 3-night stay at the hotel.
The staff is great, especially the front door personnel. They can drive you anywhere within a 2-mile radius. All of them are helpful and will try their best to accommodate your needs.
The parlor suite was more like a regular room than an actual suite, but the rooms and hallways have an old charm to them, especially the decor. Even the keys are custom-made to fit the old times theme this hotel projects. The bathroom and bedsheets are nice and clean.
Sometimes, I could hear the neighboring room's conversation, but that wasn't a problem for me (I usually sleep with earplugs), but might be for others.
I used the fitness center once. I was pleasantly surprised by its size, the quality and diversity of their equipments. They had resistance bands, kettlebells and lots more.
Except for the small size of the suite, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Oxford and would stay there again if I get the chance to revisit Denver.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear guest,
We do agree with you! This area of town is fantastic to visit and explore all types of fun things that Denver offers without the need of a car. Of course, there are many options to stay active and fit in the area, but the Oxford Club’s fitness center is a neat and spacious place to keep up your healthy routine. If you do have the opportunity to visit again, we would love to have you return as an honored guest of The Oxford Hotel!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We flew out to Denver to see our sons and meet our granddaughter. I made reservations at the Oxford based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. I loved this place!! The location was perfect. It is in LoDo (lower downtown) and close to everything. We walked to all of the restaurants and shops. The service at The Oxford was impeccable. We were there for 3 days and every time we returned to our hotel, one of the staff always said "welcome back. did you have a nice day?" We had the parlor suite and it was perfect for 3. The hotel has a lot of character and is full of antiques. The lobby was decorated for Christmas and always had a fire going in the fireplace. One night we watched our granddaughter and the front desk sent up a "pack n'play" at no extra charge!! This is an awesome hotel and I highly recommend it. Thanks to all the staff at The Oxford for making our first visit to Denver a memorable one!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,
A new member of the family is such a lovely reason to be visiting! This time of year is very special to us and it’s absolutely magical to see all of the holiday decorations. Hopefully, these visits will become a tradition and one day, you can bring your granddaughter to one of our favorite holiday traditions: the Dolls’ Tea Party! Blessings to you and the whole family and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

A marvelous, historic hotel, beautifully furnished. We had two lovely rooms, with large, modern, even plush, bathrooms. Delightful beds. The room on the interior was very quiet (423). We also had a room called a King Suite, which was one room with an enormous bathroom, but not really a suite in my opinion. Despite reservations made months in advance, they had "upgraded" one of our rooms to this suite, which had a king bed instead of the two queens reserved--not perfect for a group of women sharing rooms, and we were unable to change when we arrived. But the total experience overcame this fault. The halls are filled with lovely, beautifully maintained antiques. The staff here is truly exceptional. From the moment you arrive and interact with the doorman/valet/bell staff, the greetings were friendly, personal and sincere. Dave Weber, in particular, gave us recommendations for everything from beautiful hikes to restaurants, each of which was spot-on and terrific. We could walk to most meals, and the hotel's complimentary car service efficiently carted us both ways to a slightly-farther-afield restaurant. We had a great time in Denver, thanks in large part to our stay at the Oxford.

Room Tip: The room on the interior was very quiet (423).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for joining us here in Lower Downtown Denver for a girls’ getaway! We are very proud of our team and are pleased to hear they helped make your Denver experience shine. I do apologize for the inconvenient upgrade and hope that will not deter you all from returning to our hotel!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Overall I enjoyed my stay at The Oxford Hotel. The Hotel had a great ambiance with lots of old world charm. The staff was very helpful and attentive. I booked a Parlor Suite and was disappointed by the size of the room, especially for the price. I also found it strange that the hotel did not have a self-accessible ice machine, you had to ask the staff for ice, which they were glad to get however. You absolutely cannot beat the great location, very central to downtown!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Afsi B, General Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear guest,

We are very happy you chose to stay with us and are sorry you were disappointed in the size of the room. Luxury hotels in this area can seem pricy, especially during high-demand dates like large city-wide conventions. We do hope you return to the property and invite you to book our Presidential Suite which is 300 square feet larger than a Parlor Room. Additionally, reservations for the new Crawford Hotel at the Union Station will be opening soon and select room types there will be larger than a 400 square foot Parlor Room.

Afsi Bird