“Best LODO Denver Location and Service!”
Review of The Oxford Hotel

The Oxford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Denver
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best LODO Denver Location and Service!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My sister and I were looking for the perfect location for a one night getaway in historic Lodo and we found it at the Oxford Hotel.
We were greeted upon arrival by "Leo" who parked our car and assured us that he would be available that evening if we needed transportation. We put him to the test when we needed a ride to our first stop, and later to pick us up and take us to our next. It made for a very relaxing evening.
Although built in the late 1800s, this place has all the modern amenities to make you feel right at home. Our room was immaculate and furnished with luxurious bedding and towels, as well as essential bath products. Even the shower was hot as soon as we turned it on!
We had a delicious breakfast the following morning in the hotel before heading on our way.
This was truly an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear wmichigan,

We love the title of your post! Thank you for the very flattering review and please know that we will celebrate your comments with our entire staff, including the incomparable Leo. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
La Junta, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel. The history and ambience were wonderful. From the minute you enter the front door, you are treated with wonderful service. The staff was amazing, easy to talk to, and very welcoming. The room was very comfortable. I know this will be my loding of choice every time I visit Denver. Looking forward to visiting with my husband next time.

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms would be wonderful. We were toward the rear and the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear FlatLandGirl,

We are so thrilled to learn that The Oxford Hotel has become your new lodging choice when visiting Denver. We do have a rich history paired with modern luxurious touches, but it is our amazing staff which truly differentiates the guest experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to your next trip to Denver.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I enjoy staying at the Oxford several times a year while on business and am never disappointed. The oldest hotel in Denver, it has tons of charm but with important modern amenities. Often times historical properties like this lack wifi, but the free internet service at the Oxford is excellent. Each room is unique and I have never stayed in the same room twice. All have been nicely appointed, although some rooms are larger than others.

Hotel property aside, the staff at the Oxford is what really makes this place special. The customer service is personal and the staff members are sincere. My stay last week was no exception. As a traveling new mother I had a few extra requests (related to breast pump, milk storage, the works) and was accommodated without hesitation or fuss. I really appreciate that.

Room Tip: Ask for what is important to you - a bathtub, king size bed, peace and quiet, floor space, etc. Sinc...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear YelperGoneGlobal,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and our associates. Our historic building is magical and we're glad that you think so too. But you're right. It is our amazing team of associates who really set us apart. We, too, are mothers and fathers and we understand the challenges that come with traveling with little ones. We are grateful that you recognize our commitment to service excellence and look forward to seeing you on your next business trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We just had the best vacation ever. And it started at the Oxford hotel with the doorman, Stewart. A super cool hotel. (Its haunted, check out room 320 if it's unoccupied) Staffed with trendy Denver 30 and 40 year olds that will make sure you enjoy everything Denver has to offer. Perfect location. Comfy beds, robes and towels. Don't miss the steam room in the gym.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear cincywilliams,

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. We love that our hotel and associates played a part in your "best vacation ever". We are celebrating your comments with our entire team, including Stewart whom you recognized. We hope that your travels bring you back to Denver soon so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Oxford. I've visited Denver many times, but never stayed downtown. It was a fun location. The hotel is beautiful. Large rooms, nicely decorated. Huge bathroom. Spotlessly clean. This was a business trip and I didn't pay for the room myself - this is a better hotel than I would ordinarily choose on my own.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear FlashFish,

What a treat it was to read your trip summary. We're so glad that you finally made it to Lower Downtown Denver and hope that your experience with us will lead to future stays in LoDo.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent hotel. Very clean, rustic/vintage décor. The location is excellent. My husband and I rented a car for a work meeting outside of the city but found that we could walk or talk the light rail from the hotel anywhere we wanted to go. While rooms are on the smaller side, they are furnished nicely and feel spacious enough.

The customer service here is the real star, though. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful even with suggestions on driving times to avoid rush hour traffic etc. While all of the staff are excellent, the valets are just superior. Incredibly friendly, thoughtful, and helpful.

The amenities were also excellent. My husband was impressed with the size of the gym and the variety of apparatuses and equipment available.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevator which was a little noisy during the morning, evening hours...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for the kind words you shared about your experience at The Oxford Hotel. We are especially thankful that you mentioned our amazing staff and we will be sure to share you comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Denver in the near future.

Anaheim, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great location, very clean and beautiful hotel with an old hotel vibe, and the staff is always very friendly and helpful no matter how annoying your touristy questions are! They have an escalade that will take you whereever you want within a few miles as well, so that is great to use when you have already walked all over town.

Room Tip: didn't visit the pool or spa
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Barret S
Todd I, Director of Sales at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Barrett,

We are so appreciative of your positive feedback. We are blessed to have some of the finest staff in Denver and we're glad that they were able to answer all of your questions. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oxford on your next visit to Denver.