“Average Room, Great Bar”

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #39 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Menifee, California
“Average Room, Great Bar”
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed at the Warwick Denver along with the rest of guests for a wedding for 5 nights.

Room: I don't understand people that complain about the decor of the rooms and such. Do people not take a look at the hotel's website before visiting. Yes, the furniture might look like something in my great aunts house but the bed was actually really comfortable. Huge balcony in the room was very nice as well. The bathrooms were the best thing about the rooms. Large, spacious, good vanity, large shower, good water pressure.

Room Service: Really good room service we ordered for breakfast a couple of the mornings. Very quick service as well.

Bar: The bar was the best thing about the hotel. Great bartenders (male and female). Amazing appetizers at the bar as well. I recomend the asian sweet and spicy wings. I think we had them just about every day. Overall great atmosphere.

Parking: If at all possible, do not park in the underground parking garage. The spots in their are so small, I could not believe it. Park in the back lot where there is much more room.

I probably would not stay at the Warwick again because of personal preference, but I would definately frequent the bar.

• Liked — Bathroom, Balcony, Bar Area
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiley12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 October 2007

Stayed her for three days in October. Had a heated pool on the roof. Could use more light up there. Gym equipment was dated and of below average. The room king size bed was good. The TV was a 21" old school TV. The room was spacious enough for one person. Bathroom was nice. Products (shampoo, body wash, soap, lotion) were way below average. The iron board was regular size, but the iron was less than $10 quality. The patio was big but had a large mat under it which made it look bad. Parking was rather expensive ($12 per day). Free internet in the business center which was cool. The staff was average. Not too snooby as others have said but rather inexperienced in how to deliver great customer service. They were all young kids with jobs, not professionals in the hospitality industry. Overall, the stay was average.

• Liked — heated pool
  • Disliked — small tv
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 4 October 2007

As mentioned by other travellers, the upmarket lobby area actually gives a misleading impression of the quality of the bedrooms. The room was huge and clean but it wasn't well maintained in terms of decor and the grotty carpeted balcony overlooked a carpark/ rubbish bin collection point.

As a tourist staying one night it was alright but I wouldn't have wanted to have stayed there for several days. Certainly wouldn't stay at the Warwick on business.

Basically it was reminiscent of a stay in a 2 star hotel on the Spanish Costas!! If it had been half the price then I wouldn't have cared less but at $250 a night, I thought it was not particularly good value. Would look elsewhere if I was staying in Denver in the future.

Stayed September 2007
Casper WY
Reviewed 16 September 2007

This was the illusion of a good deal. This was supposed to be a 3 1/2 star hotel, with antiques in the rooms. I was looking forward to our stay there. When we arrived in Denver, we found the hotel, but it was a good hike from 16th Street. My husband and I laughed that from the rear view outside, it's a bit reminiscent of a northern Irish bunker. The lobby is nice, and so you would think that would be a good preview to the rooms....not necessarily so. The staff was helpful, but when we got to the room, I had to laugh. Sorry, folks, but 70's reproductions that have scuffed up corners are NOT antiques, yet.....the bathroom was nice, and the toiletries were kind of cool, but overall, this was not at all what I had envisioned when I made the reservation. We ended up with a full size bed, stained 70's chair and ottoman and a tiny little tv. The site we purchased the reservation through said this was a $200/ night room, but I felt it was barely worth the 127 I paid. Next time, I'll pay the extra and know what I'm getting.

• Liked — The Lobby
  • Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shaely32
Misc
Reviewed 13 August 2007

By far the worst hotel in Denver in this price range. The service left a lot to be desired. Despite confirming my reservation for a king size bed and charging me a corresponding rate, the hotel only provided me with cramped room with a queen size bed. When I asked to be moved to a room I booked, I was told there were none available.

Aside from being small and cramped the room was in a dire need of deep cleaning. Many of the harder to access (but easy to see) areas around the bath and toilet haven't been cleaned in a while. The room carpet was probably as old as the hotel itself.

The functioning balcony and the hotel's quiet location were the only redeeming qualities.

Service at the hotel's restaurant was excruciatingly slow for dinner and downright lethargic for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2007
4 Thank Sine_Patria
Griffith, Indiana
Reviewed 11 August 2007

A friend and I stayed at the Warwick Hotel for three nights in early August. Overall we found it to be relaxing and quiet. We ate breakfast each morning at Randolph's (on the property), and we enjoyed it quite a bit. The service was good, and the hostess went out of her way to find us a local paper to read while we took our time over eggs Benedict and breakfast burritos.

Our room on the 8th floor was clean and comfortable, and we heard barely a sound from other guests. The view from our west side balcony was a nice one of the downtown, especially at night. It was too hot to take much advantage of the balcony otherwise.

A staff member asked us once if we needed a ride downtown, but we preferred to walk. It was just a few blocks from the 16th Street Mall, which was actually a plus because the hotel was removed from the fun, yet noisy main thoroughfares.

Don't be fooled by the outside. The Warwick is inviting and pleasant inside. The bartenders made sure we got late evening snacks, even an item that wasn't on the menu.

The only downside was our inability to use the rooftop pool during 3 of our 4 days. There was some problem with the filtering system. However, prior to checking out, I requested some sort of reimbursement for this major inconvenience, especially since the pool was one of our main reasons for selecting the Warwick. We did receive $20 off plus associated taxes off our bill for each night we stayed.

Parking is $12 per day, which seemed bad on the surface, but the fact we didn't have to drive much to get where we wanted to go made up for it. Also, the 16th Street free buses are great for checking out the various parts of the central district.

We'd stay at the Warwick again, which for us is high praise with all the choices available these days.

• Liked — The room was clean and the air conditioning worked properly (it was very HOT during our stay).
  • Disliked — The fact that we could not use the pool most of the time of our stay.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank MarkIndiana
chicago
Reviewed 4 August 2007

Needed an overnight stay. Choose The Warwick to try it out and because it was near Coors field.
Older hotel in serious need of updating.Room was ok (2 double beds except for Carpeting....I stopped counting after 30 good size stains on the floor. Staff was friendly. Even with the special pricing for the weekend stay I will skip this hotel my next stay in Denver

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family