“Formerly nice hotel about 30 years past its prime”

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #42 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 January 2008

We were disappointed with our four-day stay here: Our room smelled musty, the carpet was worn, the bed was soft and squeaky, and the room felt dirty. The pool -- much hyped on the Web site -- was also outdated and small.

Our traveling companion's bed was broken, so she was upgraded to a suite, which was nicer (but probably much more pricey if they hadn't comped the upgrade). I can see how this hotel would have been considered nice, but it hasn't been maintained well, and as a result its charm has faded into outdated and old.

Be sure to ask NOT to have a room that overlooks the parking lot.

Stayed: May 2007

Reviewed 3 November 2007

I liked this hotel and felt it was good value for money. I booked a suite for a three days at a rate of $160 per night.

Check in was quick and very courteous. The suite was big - great sized sitting room with sofa, armchair and ottoman, walk in wardrobe and huge balcony. Bedroom was smaller, but good bed (sheets and blankets, no duvets) and the most brilliant air-con - the rooms chilled down within 5 minutes and even in October the outside temperature was in the 80's. I do agree with other reviewers that the property is dated and could do with a revamp. A colleague of mine found her room to be very dusty and asked housekeeping to come in and clean again, which they did very promptly.

The hotel is very central - it's a 10 minute walk to 16th street and to the capitol building - 20 minutes from the cultural centre and the amazing Lieberskind modern art gallery. Denver is a pleasant city to walk around and it does surpise me that other reviewers thought the hotel was not central. Yes, there are more central places, such as the Marriott and both Hyatts, but I liked being slightly out of downtown. There is a mini-mart just around the corner and a good coffee shop on the next block.

The concierge drove us around Denver centre in the hotel's complimentary 4x4 - this was a really great service and he came to collect us to go back to the hotel within 10 minutes of calling - brilliant!

Room service was quick and very good - great Ruebens sandwich. Randolphs restaurant was really good quality but they were stretched during the breakfast service as the hotel was full for the world series, and service was slow. Understandable, but irritating.

Being able to smoke on the balcony was a real plus especially in Denver, which is entirely non-smoking.

Hotel has complimentary HBO and the wireless internet is only $10 a day. But why oh why do hotels charge for this at all? In 2007, an internet connection is as essential as a shower and I would REALLY resent having to pay $10 per day for that!!!

A good hotel, well run and value for money - although I am from the UK and the £ is very strong right now so the USA generally is a very good deal!

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed at the Warwick Denver along with the rest of guests for a wedding for 5 nights.

Room: I don't understand people that complain about the decor of the rooms and such. Do people not take a look at the hotel's website before visiting. Yes, the furniture might look like something in my great aunts house but the bed was actually really comfortable. Huge balcony in the room was very nice as well. The bathrooms were the best thing about the rooms. Large, spacious, good vanity, large shower, good water pressure.

Room Service: Really good room service we ordered for breakfast a couple of the mornings. Very quick service as well.

Bar: The bar was the best thing about the hotel. Great bartenders (male and female). Amazing appetizers at the bar as well. I recomend the asian sweet and spicy wings. I think we had them just about every day. Overall great atmosphere.

Parking: If at all possible, do not park in the underground parking garage. The spots in their are so small, I could not believe it. Park in the back lot where there is much more room.

I probably would not stay at the Warwick again because of personal preference, but I would definately frequent the bar.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wiley12
Reviewed 6 October 2007

Stayed her for three days in October. Had a heated pool on the roof. Could use more light up there. Gym equipment was dated and of below average. The room king size bed was good. The TV was a 21" old school TV. The room was spacious enough for one person. Bathroom was nice. Products (shampoo, body wash, soap, lotion) were way below average. The iron board was regular size, but the iron was less than $10 quality. The patio was big but had a large mat under it which made it look bad. Parking was rather expensive ($12 per day). Free internet in the business center which was cool. The staff was average. Not too snooby as others have said but rather inexperienced in how to deliver great customer service. They were all young kids with jobs, not professionals in the hospitality industry. Overall, the stay was average.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2007

As mentioned by other travellers, the upmarket lobby area actually gives a misleading impression of the quality of the bedrooms. The room was huge and clean but it wasn't well maintained in terms of decor and the grotty carpeted balcony overlooked a carpark/ rubbish bin collection point.

As a tourist staying one night it was alright but I wouldn't have wanted to have stayed there for several days. Certainly wouldn't stay at the Warwick on business.

Basically it was reminiscent of a stay in a 2 star hotel on the Spanish Costas!! If it had been half the price then I wouldn't have cared less but at $250 a night, I thought it was not particularly good value. Would look elsewhere if I was staying in Denver in the future.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 16 September 2007

This was the illusion of a good deal. This was supposed to be a 3 1/2 star hotel, with antiques in the rooms. I was looking forward to our stay there. When we arrived in Denver, we found the hotel, but it was a good hike from 16th Street. My husband and I laughed that from the rear view outside, it's a bit reminiscent of a northern Irish bunker. The lobby is nice, and so you would think that would be a good preview to the rooms....not necessarily so. The staff was helpful, but when we got to the room, I had to laugh. Sorry, folks, but 70's reproductions that have scuffed up corners are NOT antiques, yet.....the bathroom was nice, and the toiletries were kind of cool, but overall, this was not at all what I had envisioned when I made the reservation. We ended up with a full size bed, stained 70's chair and ottoman and a tiny little tv. The site we purchased the reservation through said this was a $200/ night room, but I felt it was barely worth the 127 I paid. Next time, I'll pay the extra and know what I'm getting.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shaely32
Reviewed 13 August 2007

By far the worst hotel in Denver in this price range. The service left a lot to be desired. Despite confirming my reservation for a king size bed and charging me a corresponding rate, the hotel only provided me with cramped room with a queen size bed. When I asked to be moved to a room I booked, I was told there were none available.

Aside from being small and cramped the room was in a dire need of deep cleaning. Many of the harder to access (but easy to see) areas around the bath and toilet haven't been cleaned in a while. The room carpet was probably as old as the hotel itself.

The functioning balcony and the hotel's quiet location were the only redeeming qualities.

Service at the hotel's restaurant was excruciatingly slow for dinner and downright lethargic for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2007