“Website made it more glamorous than it really is.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick Denver Hotel

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Phoenix, Arizona
“Website made it more glamorous than it really is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed in Denver over the weekend July 19 - 21. There was a big convention that made hotel rooms scarce. My first choice was one of the Hyatt properties, but they were sold out. Using Trip Advisor, I saw this hotel and went to their website. The pictures made this place look swanky, so we booked the weekend here.

My first impression when I walked into the lobby was "Musty". The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was just OK. I expected more out of this room since we were paying more than Hyatt room rate. The balcony had metal chairs with no cushions and the astroturf covering the balcony was ripped and peeling. The walls are fairly thin and I could hear our neighbor's conversation with room service. Be wary of rooms ending in 11 since they are across from the elevators and you will hear the elevator dings and conversations around the elevator.

The location is decent, but by no means in the heart of downtown.

I would stay here again, if the rate was reasonable. If their rate is anywhere close to a Hyatt/Marriott/Hilton, I will not choose this place.

Room Tip: Room 911 was right next to the elevators. Not a good choice if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback pertaining to your weekend in Denver. I am disappointed to learn that your first impression was not positive. We will certainly look at the carpet in the 11 room type as these should be in perfect condition all the time. Please accept our humble apologies for this. We do appreciate you staying with us and for providing very important feedback. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We spent two nights and three days in Denver and we really enjoyed the location and services at the Warwick. It is an older hotel, nicely restored and well-maintained. Our senior suite was nicely appointed and very well cared for. We were surprised that the bedroom in the suite did not have a closet, but it is clear they've had to design around an older building. The closet for the suite was accessible through the living room where the hideabed couch was located. It was not a big deal, but it was a surprise. The bar and restaurant are well-run, and we had a beautiful breakfast at the outdoor patio eating area. Pool is great. Good location because it is close to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you staying with us and for providing the feedback. Thank you for your comments about the restaurant and guest room. We apologize that the ergonomics of the room were not quite to your liking and will certainly look at this. In this regard it would be wonderful if you could reach out to us to let us know which room you stayed in so that we can review the situation. Again, thank you very much for staying with us.
Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

If you looking for a hotel in downtown Denver I would recommend Warwick. We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful for the entire week we stayed. The hotel has character you will not find in the newer downtown alternatives.
The restaurant was great with excellent food with welcoming service. The rooftop pool was a relief during the 99 degree summer days that we stayed.
I would recommend upgrading to the larger king rooms as the one we stayed in was extremely comfortable with a balcony to enjoy the weather.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the larger king room, you will not be disappointed.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much indeed for staying with us and providing valuable feedback. We are very pleased that you recommend the hotel. Denver has been especially hot this summer so the rooftop pool with its lovely view of the city is a welcome and memorable experience. We are pleased you enjoyed it.
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel was very nicely appointed; the room was large and nicely furnished with wonderful bedding. The restaurant served great food; my group of four had no problem with the service.
We enjoyed the rooftop pool and had several great late-nights closing the bar. The only bad thing about my stay was that my room was right next to the elevator, and every time it went up or down, I heard it, including all through the night! If I hadn't already unpacked, I would have asked for another room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying at the Warwick Denver Hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the bedding and the restaurant / bar. The rooftop pool really is a special treat and we are glad you enjoyed it. Thank you again for staying with us.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went to college in Denver and this was my first time back in many years. My husband was attending a convention at the Convention Center. I was so delighted with this hotel. The service was outstanding and un pretentious even though I dressed like I had been traveling in a car for days--which I had been. The rooms were absolutely soundproof. The A/C unit for the hotel was not too far from the room and I could not hear a thing. Parking was $28.00 per night and the staff suggested ways to park on the street to avoid the high fees. The restaurant was so good we had dinner there twice. I went to happy hour every day by myself (we stayed there five nights) and the bartender was so kind to me that I felt like I was in my own living room.

I was so happy with everything about this hotel. I'm planning a reunion in Denver in a year and a half and I will recommend this hotel as OUR hotel. Thank you Hotel Warwick.

Room Tip: My husband is paranoid about hotel fires so he booked a room on the third floor. It was lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Alison G
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and providing us with valuable feedback. We are simply delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Warwick Denver Hotel. We are pleased to learn that you really enjoyed our happy hour. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future for your reunion.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Wawick tries to be a four star, but the service was not there yet. I found the front desk personnel to be dismissive of me as guest. When I asked a question they were borderline rude, as if I was interupting something more important. They need to learn better customer service. The young men at the front door were friendly and held the door open always, they were impressive although they seemed to be multi-tasked at times. I like the location and the room was clean and in good shape, although I would hear strange noises from time to time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very unhappy to learn that you found our reception associates to not be friendly and helpful. This is very embarrassing and I assure you we will address immediately as this is not reminiscent of our home from home warm hospitality. We do very much appreciate your feedback. It would be terrific if we could touch base in person so that I can make it right. Neville Erasmus, General Manager
Carlsbad, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Great room, cute slippers, big flat screen, and nice bartender who welcomed me and made a great lemon drop. Restaurant available with good American food and wonderful coffee in the a.m.
Could step out the door to all the best parts of Denver. They even had a nice view of July 4 fireworks from their rooftop.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your July 4th weekend at the Warwick Denver Hotel. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed Randolph’s restaurant and our terrific coffee service. Thank you ever so much for sharing your feedback with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon