“Flawless customer service”

Ranked #40 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Montrose, Colorado
“Flawless customer service”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have had numerous GREAT experiences recently with this property. Robbie, the reservationist, just saved my hide by finding me a room during a very busy convention weekend. He was quick, concise, professional and friendly on the phone and he represents this property very well. I have booked at this hotel twice for business travel and the last trip I was caught on a closed interstate due to a heavy snow storm. I called from the highway and I was able to cancel our room that night with ease. The employee at that time was understanding and professional and she even wished me safe travels back home. This hotel has a very good reputation far and wide and I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Robbie, our companies Reservations Manager certainly is an excellent asset to our team and we are proud to hear how helpful he was. This is very typical Warwick Hospitality.
Thank you very much indeed once again for staying with us. We very much appreciate it and do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Neville Erasmus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The host at a nearby restaurant recommended The Warwick to me as I found myself in Denver for the night and in need of a place to stay with my cousin. We wanted somewhere clean and comfortable so we could get some rest. Well, The Warwick proved to be clean and comfortable... cozy even.... However, we were not able to get much sleep because of a noisy elevator. A prompt response from Hotel Management as soon as I made them aware of the situation, really put me at ease.

The room service we ordered (turkey sandwich and fish and chips) from Randolph's in-room dining was delicious and the staff who took and delivered our order was lovely. I am looking forward to staying here again if I'm in the Denver area... the room was large and nicely appointed with a walk-in closet and all the amenities of home. Not to mention a balcony for my cousin to smoke like a chimney on while I relaxed inside, smoke-free. I hear the rooftop pool is nice as well but didn't make it up to check it out. If you want a Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Hilton or some other impersonal hotel... stay there. But if true hospitality is what you're looking for in a classic, charming and elegant environment that is just as affordable...The Warwick is for you!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk clerk to be in a room nearer to the end of the hallway... rooms that abut the ele...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
We are so grateful to you for choosing the Warwick Denver Hotel as your home from home. Thank you also for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We are looking into the elevator issue you described. Your feedback in this regard is most helpful so that we can ensure it is corrected.
We are delighted that you found service to be of high standard and enjoyed our anchor restaurant, Randolph’s

Silverthorne, Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I must disclose that I only was here for one night for business, so my service needs were limited to 12 hours.

At first approach, the valet is attentive and friendly. When entering to check in, I had to wait for quite a bit while the concierge was helping make a dinner recommendation for a couple. I could see that if I were the couple, I would have enjoyed the personal attention and honest recommendations. As the person waiting to check in while the went over at least half a dozen restaurants, I was starting to get a little impatient. Perhaps, that's just because I had a long business meeting and was about to continue to a long business dinner. Because of my longer than usual time waiting to check in, I was exposed to the scenting in the lobby. Initially it seemed nice and floral, but after a minute or two it gave me a head ache. The same over powerful, scent-induced head ached again occurred on check out.

The rooms are very spacious and the bed and pillows comfortable. Unfortunately, the television in the room didn't work (yes, I tried to turn it on manually and checked that it was plugged in) and when I brought it to the attention of the front desk, I was offered an apology, but no remedy.
I appreciate that the Warwick used CFL light bulbs, but I think they could do a better job on choosing some that are warmer and less florescent .

I guess it comes down to would I stay here again? With other downtown Denver hotels I've stayed in, probably not the Denver Warwick.

1 Thank Erin Y
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. I am sorry you had to wait upon check-in and that you found the lobby scent to be overbearing. It is white tea and lavender and we usually receive very positive feedback. I apologize if it was too strong and we will check the calibration to make sure it’s being released correctly. I am so sorry that the experience was not perfect. I will reach out to you today to provide a personal apology and work to make it right.

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Warwick for 5 nights the week of March 10th, 2014. In this time I've had some mixed reviews. The staff has done everything they could to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The bellman are helpful and accommodating. The front desk helped me at the drop of a hat. On my first night I had an incredibly drunk man next to me who trashed the room and stayed up all night screaming. They had to end up extracting him by police but the staff upgraded me to a suite for the rest of my stay. But for as accommodating and wonderful as the staff was the hotel itself could use some work. After staying for a week, you could tell it was an older hotel. The bathroom - of the 2 rooms I was in and the 2 rooms my friend was in(she also had to be moved to new rooms because of a massive leak from the ceiling in her bathroom) 3 had magnifying mirrors and in 1 room the light didn't work. In my suite the faucet leaked constantly. The shower took 4-5 minutes to have hot water. The room - the beds are lovely, however I always wish for more blankets(personal preference), the room comes with a very light 1 serving coffee maker. My room had a locked fridge however in my friends room the fridge was not locked. I was in the suite. The balcony was great and there were extra plugs around the room which is always helpful in these days. I struggled with lighting, hoping that switches were attached to different lights but no matter how hard I adjusted this was not the case in the bedroom. Air temp and ability to maintain was great. This is now getting very detailed but the doors to every room slammed shut and are so horribly noisy. I worried of waking neighbors and knew when all of mine were home or left. Now let's talk about the amenities of the hotel. After the first night, the gym was closed. They did offer free passes to the ymca down the street, not as convenient. In the gym, there were plenty of machines but I imagine the closure came from the wall that had falling wallpaper and looked like a big leak in it. The down button on the 7th floor did not light up, it worked but did not light. Therefore many people on 7 seemed to be making their way up before going down. We ate at Randolphs for breakfast. A bit pricey for just a continental buffet breakfast. One server there was delightful, the other had some major problems. The lobby of the Warwick was my favorite part for the wonderful citrus lime smell they pump out and the great customer service of the staff. Overall, the staff(besides the grouchy server in Randolph, but especially Mathew the supervisor at the front who was wonderful) made this hotel experience a pleasant one for me.

1 Thank wgechter
Firstly, thank you ever so much for staying at the Warwick Denver Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you found the service to be excellent. Our apologies for the locked refrigerator mini bar. Our bars should always be locked and upon check-in our agents should enquire if you would like a key to gain access to the bar. I am also sorry that you were inconvenienced by the fitness center closure. There was water dripping from above plumbing and we had to get it fixed.

Again, thank you so very much for staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were staying in Denver for a week during the APS meeting in March. This hotel is quite close to the convention center (15 min. by feet) and gives a good price/quality ratio. We had a suite with a proper room and a living room. I slept on the couch and it was fine. We had a balcony, even though we didn't use it much because it wasn't that warm outside. The location is good because there are a few nice places to go for dinner not far, like Steuben's or the Tavern. The crew is very nice and helpful. The WI-FI is efficient and covers even the remote rooms.
The only thing that went wrong during our whole stay was that we had issues with our toilet, which didn't work at some point. It wasn't well fixed the first time some guy intervened, so it got bad again before it was properly handled. Since this event is quite odd, I wouldn't judge the place about that, but I still think it is worth mentionning.
Anyway, I really recommend it if you need a place to stay that is not too far from the convention center and not too expensive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Warwick Denver Hotel. We do appreciate you sharing your feedback and are delighted that you found the hotel to be well located and the services of a good standard.

Best
Ortonville, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and myself stayed here from February 24, 2014 to the 27th. We had an amazing time! The hotel was nice but the attitude of the staff exceeded any expectations!! We mainly dealt with Andrew at the door and I do not think he could have possibly been more accommodating to us than he was. Certainly an asset to the hotel! We also received a few shuttle rides (excellent amenity!) from Chris. Another great asset. We were also able to interact with the hotels daytime front desk staff and I am so sad I cannot remember their names. However, they were so nice and as much accommodating as the others. I will certainly return to this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Warwick Denver Hotel. Thank you too for recognizing Andrew. He is an excellent team member. Thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you back soon
Best
Neville
boston,ma
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Have stayed here multiple times (family reside close by) and I've always had a pleasant stay. Rooms appear to be updated and are very spacious and comfortable. Hotel is well located, an easy walking distance to numerous restaurants, bars, 16th street mall, public transportation if without a car. Staff have always been courteous and helpful. Kids really enjoyed the heated rooftop pool, open year round with a great view of the city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank linglingma
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your regular visits and are so pleased that you enjoy staying with us. The roof top pool at the Warwick Denver Hotel is indeed a fabulous amenity, the only one of its kind in Denver. We are also pleased to learn that your kids enjoyed the heated pool
Again thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your return