“Very accommodating friendly hotel”

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #40 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Fort Collins
“Very accommodating friendly hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel has all the amenities you could want and nice touches like balconies, and big quiet rooms. The staff is very friendly, especially the valet and bartenders. can't go wrong with this hotel. The restaurant, bar and lobby are inviting and charming

Room Tip: Any rooms that have balconies
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Matthew S, Front Office Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Suzie,

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and recognized the great service by our team.

Our large rooms, balconies and rooftop swimming pool are great amenities that only a few hotels can offer. I feel that our service is what sets us apart from all Denver hotels.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us on your trips down to Denver.

Best regards,

Matthew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Due to Amrak's now usual shambles we did not arrive until gone 11.00PM.
Staff on hand to sort luggage and provide refreshments.
Very nice room with balcony.
Had breakfast, which is a buffet, good quality and choice at a reasonable price.
Slightly out of town but not too far away

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nivekronnoco
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor, I am so pleased that you found us so accommodating after such a long day with delays traveling by train.

Familiar with your tour group, I know the delay in arriving reduced the time you had in Denver; hopefully you were still able to enjoy all of our amenities in addition to the fabulous breakfast buffet.

I also know you live in Europe so if you happen to be coming again to America and travel to or through Denver, hopefully you will return to us.

Best regards,

Matthew
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Cannot say how proud I am of this hotel for hosting a benefit pool party for the Corky Cares Foundation!! It was a super fun event for a great cause in such a beautiful facility. Thank you so much and hope it works out to host this event for many more years to come!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeff R
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We are so proud of our teams passion for the local community. We are honored to have had the opportunity to support the LGBT community during the Pride Festivities. Thank you for trusting us with this opening event.

Aston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Warwick and for the most part, loved the place. It was our 30th anniversary (two couples) and we spent the last three days of our vacation in Denver after staying in Aspen. The Warwick has very attentive staff, and the rooms are much larger than I would have expected. We stayed at the downtown Hyatt our first night in the city - much smaller rooms, but free parking and a pretty spectacular bar and restaurant. The best Warwick feature is the rooftop pool and bar - great view and great service. The negative is the parking situation - I was able to avoid the exorbitant valet charges by finding on-street parking , but I expect most visitors will not be able to work their schedule around the parking rules. The size of the rooms and the attentiveness of the staff make this a 100% positive review.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the mountains, or just spend a lot of time at the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank william g
Thank you ever so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. Thank you for your comment "The Warwick has very attentive staff, and the rooms are much larger than I would have expected" This is wonderful to hear and much appreciated. Regarding the Valet prices I am very sorry this seemed steep, but we are actually priced below the local competitor hotels. We do grant 24 hour in and out privileges.

Again thank you so much for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally when next in Denver.

Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in mid June. It was our first time vacationing in Denver. The hotel was in a good location, close to 16th street mall which has numerous things to do. Parking was quite expensive ($27/day), but we parked at a city owned garage next door ($16/day). There were many little things that happened during our stay that made us not very pleased.

Every time we were at the front desk they seemed overwhelmed and not very knowledgeable about attractions in Denver and surrounding cities. The valet guys were great if you were able to sneak in and talk with them, but they were always busy as they seemed to be the only ones who knew anything.
There were also a couple of specific situations that were somewhat irritating. One day we had been in Fort Collins for the day and came back to a room that hadn't been touched and a large stack of linens sitting on one of the beds. We called the front desk and they sent someone from housekeeping up. No one volunteered to clean the room or make the beds, they just took the linens. Another day the water in our bathroom sink would not turn on. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up immediately. No one came to the door, no one ever called back. I attempted to use it again about 30 minutes later and it worked long enough to get my teeth brushed. It's fine if they were still working on it, but someone should have updated us. There were a few other, minor, situations that just added up for us. With the price we paid we felt as though these types of situations should not have occurred.

I stated this in my hotel review that was emailed to me after we left. Within 1 1/2 hours I got a call from the manager. He apologized and told me he didn't want to make excuses but they were short staffed. I had said in my review I wouldn't return to this hotel and he spent a lot of time talking to me about this. At the end of the conversation he told me that Warwick would like to make it up to us and give us 2 complimentary overnight stays that could be used at any point before the end of the year. He said they he would send me an email by the end of the next day. I have yet to get that email nor hear back from him. Overall, disappointed with the stay and even more so with the follow-up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ashley B
Neville E, General Manager at Warwick Denver Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I am terribly sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced. The hotel is indeed very busy, but none of our guests should have to wait and our team are in a position to provide insider information about the city and attractions. The guest service department within the hotel is not at all understaffed, quite the contrary, we have staffed up. That said you were obviously inconvenienced by high volume and by the sound of it a disappointing experience with the team. I am very sorry for this. It is certainly not reminiscent. I know our Front Office Manager is working with you and believe that the compensation that was promised is being processed. There was never an intention to delay this, it does require a few signatures before issuing. I do appreciate you staying with us and hope you will take us up on the offer for a visit on us so we can show you the hospitality you should expect when staying with us. Again my humble apologies for your inconvenience.
Denver
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our stay was wonderful! The staff was friendly, helpful, and very curteous. We were more than pleased with Nancy, the catering director who managed our cocktail reception. It was incredible! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying at Warwick Denver Hotel. Thank you too for recognizing Nancy for her professionalism and service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the general travel community. Thank you again.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My stay at the Warwick was one I will not forget. We had our daughter's cocktail reception there and it was more then I expected, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! The hotel was tastefully decorated, the staff was very very accommodating and the food, was delicious....Their chef is wonderful and everything is fresh. The Warwick was extremely generous and gracious and extremely professional. We wanted for nothing....We have been loyal guests at another top rated hotel in Denver and after spending 4 days at the Warwick Denver, it will be our new home away from home....Our experience was one we will never forget and will always be so grateful for how the staff took care of our every need. I am not one to write reviews, in this case, a review was needed to show my appreciation .
Location also superb, never had to wait for a cab, close to all. What we did realize while at the hotel, we never left to go to another restaurant, why, the food there is excellent!!! There was no need to leave....In closing, we will be back in October to visit our daughter and in December we will be spending a week at the Warwick for the holidays!!!!! Cannot wait!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential Suite...View was wonderful and this hotel has real balconies you can s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you ever so much for trusting Warwick Denver with your important event. We are very pleased that it met your expectation. These kinds of event can be very stressful for the family members and we are pleased we were able to deliver our promise to you. We look forward to seeing you in December.