“Nice, modern hotel, great location.”

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #40 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Orange, California
“Nice, modern hotel, great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

The Warwick Hotel in Denver was a great choice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were modern and clean. The heated rooftop pool was very nice with a great view. The location was only a short walking distance away from the free 16th Street shops and restaurants as well as the free shuttle that takes you within only a few blocks of Coors field.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
lcastanon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I recently spent the weekend in Denver for the Great American Beer Festival and stayed at the Warwick.

I liked that it was a comfortable walkable distance from the convention center, i wanted to pick a hotel that was nearby the festival but not near enough to deal with loud drunks exiting the convention and bar crawling.

Check-in was probably the most stressful I've had in a long time.

I booked a one bedroom suite. I was checking in and told I was getting a standard king bed room. I told the receptionist that was incorrect, showed her my printout. She punched some things on her computer and gave me keycard. Went up to my room. It was the wrong room. It was the standard room. I called the front desk and they told me to come back down. I lugged my bags back down to the front desk. There was a line now. A couple pointless mins of waiting later, I went back to the front desk person who originally handled my check-in. She claimed that I specifically requested the lower class room. That is absurd why she would argue that with me and why I would pay for a larger room and then decided I wanted to put myself in a smaller room. I think her manager noticed I was having issues and rescued me. She was very courteous and apoligized on behalf of the other incompentent front desk person.

The room was okay, It was a large room, the balcony was huge, the bathroom was huge. The closet is in the bathroom which I found kind of weird. The bathroom had a walkin shower and a tub. I noticed the tub had about half inch of standing water. I never ended up complaining about it because it was such a nightmare just getting my room.

On one of the days, there was a dead bird in the balcony...

One of the other annoyances was that the housekeeping came in to make up the room regardless of having the do not disturb placard. I wasnt in the room at the time but I wouldnt have left all my valuables out and about had i known that theyd come in regardless. Nothing was taken but I was annoyed.

The mini-fridge in the room was broken. We had some leftovers in there and they went bad. When i stuck my hand in the fridge it was blowing warm air...

Checkout was mostly uneventful, I was slightly annoyed that the front desk called us to ask if we were checking out of the room yet. Check-out is at noon and I told her that I was aware check-out is at noon that we'll be out by then. Its only 10:30.

I dont like having the feeling of being 'shooed' out.

Overall, if I were insane enough to stay again, it would be purely out of location. The property feels dated and the room we got, while large and airy did have an aging fridge and non-functioning drain in the tub.

Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2009

If you're looking to tour Denver, get ready to walk. While the hotel is close to the capitol (about 3 blocks), it's a hike to LoDo, but there are ways around it (public transportation). The exterior looks dated, but the inside is fully renovated, making for a pleasant stay. I can't express how friendly the staff was - from the front desk, to the concierge, to the doormen - they were all fantastic and ready to help.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

This hotel is awesome. Everyone was really friendly and nice. Check in was a breeze even when we checked in early at 11AM. They honored our requests for a higher floor and quiet room, etc. There are free wifi internet, free printing in the great business room, free fitness room (machines, weights, towels, and great view of the city on the 15th floor), free shuttle to the surrounding areas, and free heated roof deck pool! We had a breakfast buffet in the restaurant next door. It was only $16 / person. Very reasonable.

The room was comfortable and clean as well as the rest of the hotel. The location is closer to the capital and 16th Street. I was able to walk to the convention center with luggage no problem in about 10 minutes.

When it rained on the second day of our stay, the staff even provided umbrellas for us.

Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

From the website one could think that this is a special luxury gem inside Denver - it is not. It is just an ordinary middle class hotel and the rooms are just an average size. The balcony is nice to get some fresh air in but is not inviting to spend time on. The staff is friendly but the room-service forgot several times to stock up on coffee and water. The restaurant "Randolf's" is very good and the bar can be highly recommended. The internet costs are still 10$ a day - in times of free wifi everywhere, I would call this rip off. The complementary shuttle is a plus and compensates a little the location. The neighborhood, however, seemed to have seen better days...

San Jose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

I was hoping the hotel would be more in the hub of things, but is was a ways off. The hotel itself was nice enough and the staff was OK, but if you want to be more near the shopping and restaurants, stay somewhere esle.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

I am a bit late in writing this review but I have to say for the price you can't beat this hotel. Great downtown location and very pleasant and helpful staff for the rate we paid. When we arrived the website I book our room through had canceled the reservation due to a blizzard that happened earlier that week but the staff gladly gave us a room and honored the price we booked at. Had a great view and nice balcony to enjoy Denver and the cold weather. Will stay here next time I am in Denver!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple