“Cleaning rooms at 11:30 p.m.?”

Warwick Denver Hotel
Ranked #41 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I'm writing this now at 11:30 pm because I can't get to sleep -- housekeeping is cleaning the room next door and the vacuum cleaner is banging into the adjoining wall. Then instead of keeping the door open, housekeeping must keep going in and out of the room, letting the door bang loudly behind them. At 10:50, when this started, I got up to see what the noise was all about. One of the housekeepers told me they were cleaning the room because the hotel was entirely booked. Really, Warwick Management, you couldn't have seen that coming earlier and sent housekeeping up at, oh, maybe some time before people turn in for bed?
At 11:45, I called Reception but was put on hold for a while. Gave up, pushed the "Assistant Manager" button. Dan the Asst Mgr. answered the phone with an exasperated sigh. Maybe it's been a rough night on the hotel crew but if I was a hotel staffer, I would think three times before sending the cleaning crew with vacuum cleaners up to a room at 10:45 pm on a weeknight. Or maybe it's because I booked through Hotwire so my discounted-rate self is put in a section of the hotel where it's okay to do maintenance and cleaning at any hour.

Everything else about the hotel is fine, but waking up to vacuum cleaners banging against your wall when you're trying to get some sleep is definitely a big black mark.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Met my best friend in Denver for a 3 night stay. The Warwick was in a terrific location. We did not have a car and did not need one.
The front desk, especially Shawn, was friendly, professional, and had great suggestions on restaurant, etc. The roof top pool was fun for a different view of the city;

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Stayed at Warwick for 3 nights - on the suite deal. Very efficient front desk and extremely friendly staff. The hotel was very clean and relatively well priced.
The Randolph restaurant is very good and stylishly prepared food.
Thoroughly recommend this.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I booked the Warwick Hotel through Hotwire and I was very impressed with the hotel and its staff. It is centrally located and the staff was very helpful and professional. There were a couple of small issues with the room. There was a small leak on the bathroom floor (?) and the tap faucets on the sink didn't seem to fit properly. The exhaust fan made a lot of clicking noises as well. The hotel was quite noisy the night of my first stay (Saturday). However this ceased for the rest of the week. I was very impressed with the air conditioning system...best system that I have experienced in a hotel. All in all an excellent decision and I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Having booked our room at the Warwick online without ever seeing it in person, we didn't really know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to see that photos from the hotel's website didn't do it justice (they have since been updated). Although the decor may seem a bit dated(traditional), our room was spacious, comfortable, and elegant (I called to upgrade to an upper floor junior suite for a reasonable fee). The balcony offered amazing views of downtown Denver. The hotel's rooftop pool has 360 degree views of city. The staff was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The Warwick definitely exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2010

The Warwick Denver is a definite prize in a choice for Denver Hotels. From the minute we walked in we were welcomed warmly and made to feel as if we had come home. The front desk staff were professional and courteous and very friendly. We had traveled for 12 hours and were very tired and cranky and a gentleman by the name of Chris seemed to understand that!
Our rooms were very nice, with 2 queen sized beds, office desk and chair, another comfortable chair and a HUGE closet. I have never seen a closet that size in a hotel, ever.
The shower was awesome, I never wanted to get out. Great water pressure and hot, hot water, my favorite!
We used the courtesy car and driver to get to a liquor store, and to go to a restaurant. The driver also picked us up at another hotel after a meeting when our convention shuttle busses had stopped running. Marc, one of the drivers, also picked us up after lunch and shopping one day and delivered us to the science museum. He took our packages and placed them in the bell closet for us while we were out. I had no concerns about leaving our belongings with him at all. Super gentleman, very friendly, very helpful and pointed out some Denver sites along the way.
We had to check out at 0400 in the morning on Friday and they were just setting up the coffee station in the lobby. The gentleman setting this up rushed to get me a cup of coffee before I boarded the shuttle to the airport. It was so appreciated.
I would love to stay at the Denver Warwick again, you don't see this kind of service in chain hotels.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2010

This is a nice hotel close to the state capital. I booked my room through Hotwire. When I checked in the front desk attendent made a copy of my Hotwire itinerary and I was told I was good to go. I stayed in this hotel March 4 - 7.

Although the trip was paid in advance they held $491 from my credit card. I explained this second time to the front desk attendent while I was leaving and I was told that the funds were released. It was not enough. It took me 6 phone calls to get someone to call the credit company and release my money.

I filed a complaint and the Manager of the hotel is telling me that it is common that it might take 3 - 5 days to release the money. But it took the person who called my credit company only 2 minutes to resolve the problem. By they way why were they holding money on my card for a room that was already paid for?

It makes me think that this is common practice in this hotel. I would say stay away if you don't want to have a similar experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business