“I like to stay here!”

Ranked #41 of 157 Hotels in Denver
dallas, texas
“I like to stay here!”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

This was our 3rd time to stay at the Warwick Denver in the past few years. Although the hotel is rather old, I think the rooms are elegant and a good size. The exercise room is nice with a variety of machines/equipment and the view from the 15th floor is great! The pool on the top deck is also nice and a good place to relax and read. Daily parking fees are rather high, so we managed to find places on the street fairly close in order to avoid those fees. (no meter charges at night and on weekends/holidays) We have not had dinner or lunch at Randolph's, which is the restaurant located on site, so can't comment on that, other than to say it is NOT an inexpensive place to eat.
The staff is helpful and friendly. I like to stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2010

First off the welcome we recieved was top notch. Erica checked us in and was friendly and welcoming. On our second night, we had problems with our bathroom and Lauren came in and sorted it out effortlessly (that might have been why the reviewer earlier had problems with cleaning SORRY!)

We were moved to a suite which was unexpected as we thought the standard room was really good. The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in in a hotel.

The guest services staff were always helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We didn't need their services as we already know Denver pretty well but their attention to other guests was noticable.

Depending on your point of view, the rooms are decorated in an old fashioned style but I wouldn't say it was shabby, just not modern. Maybe not to everyone's taste but was in keeping with the hotel ambiance. The upgrade room was great but in the detail I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay full price for it - gaffer tape in the bathroom sink, loose taps in the wet bar. Not a big deal for us as it was free but I'd imagine some people getting irked if they paid for it. We'd guessed that the room was being used for upgrades as it would be suitable for paying guests. Finally, one of the staff, Monika, I think was quite brusk. Not rude per se but unlike other staff we encountered didn't seem to tailor her manner for dealing with tourists and business travellers. We didn't eat at the resturant but did have a couple of drinks at the bar. Brendan was an excellent bartender but on our last night the lady in the bar could wait to get rid of us. Didn't even finish our drink as she made us feel so unwelcome.

In terms of distance from the sights - its really not that bad. Less than 5 minutes walk gets you to the 16th Street Mall and the free shuttle. It was a pleasant 20 minute walk from Coors Field. Yeah its not like the Magnolia but its not Magnolia prices either.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My wife and I recently spent 4 days at the Warwick while we relaxed and took in the city of Denver. The location is an easy walk to the 16th Street Mall and access to all of downtown yet the hotel has an uptown feel. Lovely outside patio dining overlooks a park across the street. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. We had several meals in the restaurant and they were outstanding. I never thought I cared much for bread pudding until I had it here. Fortunately, I had it the first day so I was able to order it twice more before we departed. Very nice fitness room. Good Value. The Warwick will be home for us when we visit Denver.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I'm writing this now at 11:30 pm because I can't get to sleep -- housekeeping is cleaning the room next door and the vacuum cleaner is banging into the adjoining wall. Then instead of keeping the door open, housekeeping must keep going in and out of the room, letting the door bang loudly behind them. At 10:50, when this started, I got up to see what the noise was all about. One of the housekeepers told me they were cleaning the room because the hotel was entirely booked. Really, Warwick Management, you couldn't have seen that coming earlier and sent housekeeping up at, oh, maybe some time before people turn in for bed?
At 11:45, I called Reception but was put on hold for a while. Gave up, pushed the "Assistant Manager" button. Dan the Asst Mgr. answered the phone with an exasperated sigh. Maybe it's been a rough night on the hotel crew but if I was a hotel staffer, I would think three times before sending the cleaning crew with vacuum cleaners up to a room at 10:45 pm on a weeknight. Or maybe it's because I booked through Hotwire so my discounted-rate self is put in a section of the hotel where it's okay to do maintenance and cleaning at any hour.

Everything else about the hotel is fine, but waking up to vacuum cleaners banging against your wall when you're trying to get some sleep is definitely a big black mark.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Met my best friend in Denver for a 3 night stay. The Warwick was in a terrific location. We did not have a car and did not need one.
The front desk, especially Shawn, was friendly, professional, and had great suggestions on restaurant, etc. The roof top pool was fun for a different view of the city;

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Nairobi
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Stayed at Warwick for 3 nights - on the suite deal. Very efficient front desk and extremely friendly staff. The hotel was very clean and relatively well priced.
The Randolph restaurant is very good and stylishly prepared food.
Thoroughly recommend this.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I booked the Warwick Hotel through Hotwire and I was very impressed with the hotel and its staff. It is centrally located and the staff was very helpful and professional. There were a couple of small issues with the room. There was a small leak on the bathroom floor (?) and the tap faucets on the sink didn't seem to fit properly. The exhaust fan made a lot of clicking noises as well. The hotel was quite noisy the night of my first stay (Saturday). However this ceased for the rest of the week. I was very impressed with the air conditioning system...best system that I have experienced in a hotel. All in all an excellent decision and I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple