“Exceptional SPG treatment”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Exceptional SPG treatment”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Recent business stay at this facility for 5 nights and found exceptional reception and service. The hotel had IMMEDIATE room access although I arrived early (about 1:15 P.M.), and supplied a microwave without charge. The offer of a refrigerator was made, but declined - nevertheless, an offer that was noted. The heating / cooling of the room was outstanding and the other room amenities were functional. The concierge services were outstanding. Staff at the front desk were quite accommodating, especially Sidney and Vesna. Kevin, at the concierge desk, made dinner suggestions, provided easy-to-follow directions, and handled reservations for touring through ColoradoSightseeing. The workout facility on the 4th floor was great, and equipment was more than adequate. I will return to this hotel for any reason the next time I am in Denver, and the treatment as a "Starwood Preferred Guest" is truly exceptional.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
ChuckShruringa, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear J_Nicholas_Mitchell,
WOW!!!
Thanks for the kind words, especially pointing out some of our outstanding team members. Your comments have been shared with our hotel associates as this kind of feedback definitely encourages them to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am glad you were able to enjoy several of the many amenities this hotel has to offer and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thanks again,
Chuck Schuringa, Director of Operations, The Westin Denver Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I was here on business and will be back again in a couple of months. Thank you.

Dear Keith N,
I really appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return. If, at your convenience, you would like to share with me how we could have scored a 5, please send me a note at chuck.schuringa@westin.com. Also, it would be great to meet you personally when you return, so let us know and I would love to introduce myself when you are next in the hotel. Thanks again,
texas
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The hotel was ok but compared to most westin's I have stayed in, this one seemed very dated. The bathrooms were clean but not very nice. The room had a musty smell & the air conditioner did not work well. The pillows & bed were disappointing. I did order breakfast in the room & it came right in time & was very good.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank misscrysTexas
ChuckShruringa, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear misscrysTexas,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your In Room Dining meal and I apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had recently at our hotel with regards to your room. At The Westin Denver Downtown, we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and we did not do this in your case. Should you wish to share more specifics with me, please feel free to contact me directly at chuck.schuringa@westin.com.
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Wifi in guest room wouldn't connect. Front desk sent an 'engineer' to our room to see if I was just too stupid to figure out the problem. Engineer shrugged his shoulders and said maybe it was because I had an iPad and they weren't used to seeing those. Really!?!!!
We had early morning appts both days of our stay. When we tried to leave the underground parking lot, the validation card wouldn't open the gate. On the first day, service call button was answered and attendant let us leave garage. The second morning, no one answered call and we had to walk out of garage and ask valet if we could exit thru restricted valet exit. This process took 30 minutes- just to drive out of hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Fargotten
Dear Fargotten,
Please accept my apologies that you were not able to connect to the wireless internet during your experience here at The Westin Denver Downtown. We take internet connectivity very seriously and I would like to know more about what you experienced if you feel comfortable contacting me: chuck.schuringa@westin.com. I would also like to assist you with your parking issues. Since we do not own nor do we operate the parking facility, I can assist in a possible refund of your parking fees with the ownership and management of the parking structure. Once again, please e-mail me should you want help getting this resolved.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here for a convention in Denver. It was clean and comfortable. The gym is great. It is conveniently located by 16h street and only a few blocks from the convention center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
1 Thank MedSkier
Dear MedSkier,
WOW! Thanks for the very nice feedback. We use these kinds of reviews to further inspire our staff. Please let us know how we can further assist you if you ever have plans to return to Denver. Thanks again, Chuck Schuringa, Director of Operations, The Westin Denver Downtown: chuck.schuringa@westin.com
Windsor
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here in September. It is a great hotel. Got a great rate by booking on Hotwire. It is close to alot of restaurants and the ball park. The pool is indoor/outdoor with a balcony that has a view of Mile High Stadium. If you elect to not have your room made up you get $5 a day that can be used at the Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sandee_steph
Dear sandee_steph,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent experience here. I agree; we have the best location of any hotel in the Denver area with easy access to the sports arenas, restaurants and night clubs. I am also glad that you had an opportunity to participate in our guest sustainability initiative. If you feel comfortable contacting me and letting me know how we could have earned a 5 please e-mail me: chuck.schuringa@westin.com. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Solo traveler, business. Rooms: lovely, clean, comfortable, modern. Amenities include snacks in mini bar, amazing bed, large HD TV, internet (wifi and wired, for fees), Starbucks coffee in room, nice shampoo/conditioner/lotion, business desk with comfy chair, lounge downstairs, amazing door men and front desk staff. Very flexible and accomodating to help me with my varied/non-standard travel itinerary. Fantasitic location--walked to 16th St. Mall in 5 min. and had great mexican food at D'Corazon in LoDo.

Will definately be back.

1 Thank Freddysgirl
Dear Freddysgirl,
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We share these comments with our staff to motivate them to continue to exceed the expectations of our guests so we can replicate your experience. I am glad you enjoyed all the amenities The Westin Denver Downtown has to offer. Please let me know how I might further assist you in the future, should you wish to: chuck.schuringa@westin.com. We look forward to your next stay,