“Business District!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Regina, Canada
“Business District!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Walking Distance to upscale restaurants and the Convention Centre.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Newfoundland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The Westin Denver is a nice hotel. I stay with Starwood Properties frequently and although I cannot give it a 5 rating, because there was no 'wow' factor for me and for the reasons listed below, I had a comfortable stay.
PROS: Great location, close to the Street Mall, Pepsi Center, etc. Nice & friendly staff.
CONS: Basically, fees. Valet parking fees are very expensive as are the wireless internet fees (it's 2012!).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree, our hotel is wonderful and has the best location of any hotel in Denver with easy access to the sports arenas, restaurants and night clubs. We do offer complimentary internet in our Lobby and Entrance Level Lobby near Starbuck’s but do follow Starwood and Westin standards of charging for this service in our guest rooms. While parking prices may seem high, the company that owns and operates the parking structure (not affiliated with our hotel in any fashion other than offering our guests the opportunity to park in proximity to the hotel) assures us that their prices are competitive with other area hotels. If you would like to interact with me further regarding your experience please feel free to contact me at julie.rhodes@westin.com.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Well, almost. It's in a very good location, just about everything is within walking distance. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They do strive to make sure that you have everything you need, and if you don't have it, they'll get it. I needed and extra cot in my room, and was reluctant at first 'cause I was expecting an extra cost and to get the cot hopefully by midnight. Not the case; I called down to the front desk and had a cot in my room within 15mins FREE of charge.
I wasn't exactly pleased when I checked in though. When I arrived at their appointed check in time at 4pm, they had told me that my room wasn't ready (?!). I booked my (suite) online with my SPG account. The check in time is 4pm, I have reservations, How is my room NOT ready??!! So, had to wait at the bar, where the bar tender was very nice. The decor is very inviting, and there was a man playing the grand piano. The atmosphere was so nice that the wait for my room wasn't so bad, (in all fairness). The rooms were very clean, and comfortable. The pool and the views from the pool were fantastic! BUT, the hot tub was "on the fritz". C'mon, this is COLORADO in the winter time, the hot tub should be on your maintenance priority list.
All in all, I was satisfied. There were a couple s.n.a.f.u.'s but nothing to condemn them, or keep me from coming back. Plus, you never know, at the Westin you could very well run into a celebrity! I met Kevin Hart there, and thought that was pretty cool ;)

Room Tip: I'd suggest one of the rooms with a balcony, which are typically on the pool level, which makes...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent experience at the Westin Denver Downtown. We share these comments with our staff to motivate them to continue to exceed the expectations of our guests so we can replicate your experience. I am glad you enjoyed all the amenities The Westin Denver Downtown has to offer. Please let me know how I might further assist you in the future, should you wish to: julie.rhodes@westin.com. We look forward to your next stay.
Laramie, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at the Westin as a part of a package deal with the Colorado Ballet. The overall atmosphere is nice, and the rooms have great furnishings, but you could tell the building's age in the bathroom and elevator, especially.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Tamaya73,
Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear that the atmosphere at the Westin Denver Downtown and the room furnishings met your expectations. We have had numerous positive comments regarding the transformation of our guest rooms. We value our partnership with the Colorado Ballet and are glad you were able to utilize the fabulous package deal we have with them. If you would like to interact with me further regarding your experience please feel free to contact me at julie.rhodes@westin.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Rooms were clean and comfortable -- staff was friendly and helpful. Location was very convenient -- downtown -- near many restaurants. Great location if you are there for business and you don't need a car. One interesting thing they had was that the room service menu was on the tv rather than in print which makes it greener but harder to read.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank flo220
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Overall an ok hotel if you don't compare it to other Westin locations, or other Starwood hotels when staying with Platinum status.

The hotel location is great, but really that's about it.

As for the Westin name...this location is a little run down and lacks many amenities. There's no lounge (sorry Platinum folks), the hot tub wasn't hot (in January!) and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in about a week, the gym is slightly below par for this level hotel, and even a "deluxe" room is nothing to brag about.

The Hyatt, which can be had for the same price much of the year, is MUCH better. I really messed up this time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LegitReviewer
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
I sincerely apologize for the impression our hotel has left upon you. I would like to assure you that our hotel’s recent renovation was designed by Westin Brand designers and underwent exhaustive reviews prior to implementation. The fact that it left you feeling so despondent is disheartening to me. We have had numerous positive comments regarding the transformation but it does seem that it definitely did not meet your expectation. I would welcome any personal communication you would like to offer in the way of constructive feedback if you would like to by e-mailing me @ julie.rhodes@westin.com.
Thank you for your time and once again, I do apologize that our hotel was not what you hoped it would be.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is a lovely hotel, perfectly located for business in downtown Denver, right on the 16th street mall. Downtown Denver is very walkable so no need to rent a car unless you plan to go further afield.

Check in was friendly and efficient. Was up to my room very quickly and it was up to the usual Westin standards. Clean, functional and understated decor - perfect for business.

Very nice pool with a view over downtown.

Overall, an excellent, reliable choice for business in Denver.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business