The Westin Denver Downtown
  • Pool
Hotel Teatro(Denver)
  • Pool
1,476 results
All reviewspalm restaurantheavenly bedstreet mallgreat locationclock towerlower lobbybasketball courtlarimer squarewithin walking distancecoors fieldself parkrooftop poollobby barunion stationfree busroom was spaciousvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked with Cash & Points for 1 night in late August. Since we were there just 1 night, my SPG Platinum Status got us upgraded to a "luxury" room on the top floor (19th floor).

Which wasn't a suite, but a massive room with 2 beds. The room itself was very convenient for 3 adults and 1 toddler. The bathroom was massive as well (see in the photos), with a separate rain shower and double sinks. The room also had a small kitchenette area (small sink, empty mini fridge) which came in handy when traveling with young kids (see photos).

The view was great and the location perfect. We were right on the 16th Street Mall and a 10 minute walk to/from Coors Field to watch the Rockies game. We couldn't have picked a better location in all of Denver.

Parking was located beneath the hotel, but run by a separate company. However, if you brought the parking ticket at check in, they would take care of it for you and just charge you on your hotel bill. I've heard reports that the $25/night they charge is higher than if you paid yourself, but I can't verify that. Valet is $32/night and might be worth it because we got lucky that we found a parking spot in the "Non-Valet" section. I could see it being very difficult to find a spot at a busy time.

The pool is rather large for a city hotel and has both an indoor and outdoor section, though the indoor is quite small relative to the outside section. There's a lot of rooftop for sitting/tanning as well. However, the pool isn't heated if that matters to you.

The only major negative was that the room connected to the adjacent suite, which happened to have a big group of people in it that night. They weren't doing anything obnoxious (their group talking in a normal volume at 11PM on a Friday night), but the connecting door was letting EVERY sound through.

Had I known in advance, I would not have accepted the larger room with the connecting door to a suite. But it was already late on Friday night and my family had settled in. It was too late to switch rooms, so we just dealt with it.

Wifi was about $11/night, but it was free for Starwood Gold/Platinum members. However, it did show up on my folio so I had to ask to remove it. Not a big deal, but just a reminder to check your bill before you check out.

On the positive note, the Platinum amenity choice we selected was free breakfast for 2 people in their lobby restaurant. You need to get a voucher from the front desk at check in to present to the server. We were only entitled to continental breakfast (cold) but we were also offered hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc). 100% no charge. Not even presented a bill, but we did tip as if we did pay. The servers were great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent experience at the Westin Denver Downtown. We share these comments with our staff to motivate them to continue to exceed the expectations of our guests so we can replicate your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

we celebrated our daughter's wedding at the Westin downtown Denver. The experience was wonderful. Johnny was our server during dinner, very attentive and his care for us was exemplary. Ryan also made sure the whole event ran smoothly and perfectly. Thank you for a great celebration at the Westin Downtown Denver.
Debbie, Mother of the bride

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We have passed on the kudos to Johnny and Ryan, as well as posted your comments for the rest of the hotel staff. We are happy to have been a part in your daughters special day and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I visit Denver about 6-8 times a year on business and try to stay at the Westin as often as possible. The hotel is in a great location as it is steps away from the 16th Street Mall, close to LODO, the museum, most businesses and sporting venues. Downtown Denver is not very big when you compare it to say Manhattan so you can walk to most everything from the Westin or take the free bus that rides up and down 16th St. Being an east coast person I often get up early and run 16th street which can be a little strange at night or in the early morning hours as the Mall attracts the homeless and the young adult skateboarding types.

The Westin is nice enough and has everything I look for as a business traveler. Its convenient, the room is sizable and clean, the bed is comfortable, the gym is bigger than most hotel gyms, and the staff is friendly which why I keep coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The service I receive from Mi Ok and Theresa is exceptional. They get to know the regular customers and what they order that my order is ready by the time I pay for it. They always smile and chat and still get the orders processed in a timely manner. I hope that their service to the customers is appreciated by their employer as much as we the customer appreciate them. They are truly exceptional people and makes my visit a very pleasant experience. Anna

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was so excited to stay at this "nice" downtown location, but I was not really impressed at all. Our room felt worn out. The furniture was a bit shabby and scraped up. The room was huge and could easily fit queen beds, but the double beds they put in the rooms are extremely small. Do not count on a good night sleep if you have to share the bed with someone. The pool was a great setting, but the water was cold. The thing that irked me the most was the self parking. We were told to return the parking pass to the front desk to get it validated and have the charge added to our bill. I noticed that they charged more for this than if we were just to pay as we exited. When we inquired at the front desk, they were very coy about answering the question about paying more for doing the extra work and having them validate the pass. The front desk staff told us that we would save money, but not sure how much and that we would have to locate the lost ticket button if we wanted the charge off our room bill. We did this and saved some money. Not sure why they are charging more for their guests to park?? Overall, there are nicer options downtown than this hotel.