“Decent conference venue and rooms”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #29 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The location is great for shopping and there are restaurants around the hotel. As I was there for a conference I did not get to see much of Denver.

The rooms were clean and spacious, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was modern and clean. The staff was friendly. I was upgraded to a nicer room higher up in the hotel where there was a view of the mountains which was nice.

The wifi worked fine. It was free for the conference but otherwise its an annoying cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for the great comments. It is nice to hear that everything went well and that you enjoyed the property. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was in Denver for a conference Nov 9-13. The lobby of the hotel is nice (Starbucks is there to greet you). You can take the escalator or elevator to the 1st floor for registration. We were greeted with a smile. The first room we assigned to, was a little too noisy for us. We are light sleepers. We went back down and was given a room on the 18 floor. We had a great view of downtown and a small view of the mountains. Nice room that was clean and smelled great (all the time).

The best part of the hotel in the Pool Patio on the 4th floor. They have a indoor/outdoor pool. The patio had nice patio furniture and the best views! You could see Pepsi Stadium, the amusement park and best of all the rocky mountains! Its in a great location as well. Right around the corner from the hotel is the free shuttle bus that runs every 2-3 minutes down 16th street. You will have access to plenty of stores and restaurants. Right near the hotel in a Corner Bakery, Cheesecake Factory, Steak House, PF Chang's and Crepes Crepes. There also a place called Soda Pop- they have a HUGE variety of root beer and other sodas, as well as candy- from back in the day!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Denver Downtown. I agree with you, our location and proximity to LoDo, Larimer Square, Pepsi Center, Coors Field and Sports Authority Field is a fantastic amenity for locals and visitors to Denver such as yourself. We are glad you enjoyed our wonderful rooms and beautiful views. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a cross country move. I brought my 40lb Border Collie / Golden Retriever mix with me.

Pros:
Upgraded to a nice suite as a Platinum member
Very dog friendly hotel

Cons:
Staff advised me to park my truck in the parking garage - they said it would fit with the uhaul trailer. Unfortunately, they were wrong. I was stuck in the parking garage for 1 hour until i was finally able to maneuver it throught the gate. Additionally, I was completely surrounded by cars in the morning and had to disconnect the uhaul trailer from my truck in order to get out of the garage.

What I learned: If you have a large vehicle or a trailer, don't park in their garage.

Also, although the hotel is dog friendly, there are no grassy areas nearby (none that I could find anyway) so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Suites are very nice (mine even had a bidet).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chadmzimmerman

Thank you for your feedback and Starwood Loyalty. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with parking your truck and Uhaul in the garage. I have shared your comments with the parking garage management team (not affiliated with our hotel in any fashion other than offering our guests the opportunity to park in proximity to the hotel) as well as our front office staff to ensure that the team is aware of the parking garage height restrictions. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our pet friendliness. There usually is a grassy area outside the hotel, however, during the holiday season the City sets up a free ice skating rink. Many guests and locals enjoy this annual attraction. We hope your move went well and hope to see you on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Banquet Staff was great, very friendly! One person that stood out to me was Bonnie Coletta. She went out of her way to take care of my team by offering us all bottled water as we loaded out our show! Thank you to the staff at The Westin and Bonnie Coletta for providing great service!

• Stayed: November 2013
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

We love when our guests provide us excellent reviews such as yours! I will be sure to share this review with Bonnie and the entire Banquet Staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I arrived at the Westin Denver Downtown very late at night after an awful day including a lost wallet, a missed flight, no dinner, and luggage with no business suits (when the purpose of the visit was a business conference). Sonia Clark checked me in for the group reservation, handled all the conference-related matters (since I missed the group registration with the conference hosts). She was pleasant, attentive, and acknowledged the horrible events of my day with a sincere inquiry to see if there was anything she could do the improve my day. Not able to think of anything that would improve my day (other than a masseuse), she offered a Coke and I excitedly asked if I could have a Pepsi instead. This may seem like a minor request, but you have to understand that I've been dieting (I mean going though a lifestyle change) and this Pepsi addict has cut back on the beverage to maybe one or two a month. The Pepsi (and any chocolate or carb I could find) would be my consolation.

Sonia happily accepted the challenge and invited me to dine (finally) at the bar near the check-in counter and she would try to find a Pepsi for me. I finished my dinner -- hamburger sliders and French fries, which were delicious and served by a very attentive and personable bartender (I did not get her name). The night was beginning to look up, but I did not get my Pepsi. No worries, I figured Sonia, being the Guest Services Manager, got pulled to some other real responsibilities.

The next day after a busy conference day, I get a knock on my hotel room door. A gentleman delivered two bottles of Pepsi with a glass of ice on a plate with a handwritten card from Sonia apologizing (REALLY???) for the delay. Wow!!! That is above and beyond.

I've stayed at the hotel before and am a Starwood member. My room was spacious with a city view that was beautiful. It was clean (and I'm very picky about hotels) and the service was great.

Sonia, however, is providing the type of service that results in return customers. Thank, sincerely, for your genuine hospitality.

Best regards,
Dee-Dee W.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We have passed on the kudos to Sonia, as well as posted your comments for the rest of the hotel to continue to be motivated to take care of great guests such as yourself. We look forward to the next time you can stay with us!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I shared a suite with my daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters. It was absolutely super. We had three rooms, with a Murphy bed in the center room. The view from my room of the mountains was awesome. The valet parking was easy, and the hotel is located so that it's easy to walk to shopping. The dining room staff at breakfast was very professional and friendly. Food was good too. Check-in was quick and easy. The up escalator was being repaired so you had to take the elevator, but that was the only inconvenience. (Personally, I'd like to see the Westin and other better hotels offer free wireless, at least to everyone with a loyalty card. It seems weird that it's free at low price hotels, but not at more expensive chains,)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Rockies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Denver. We review these comments with our staff weekly to ensure they understand the impact of their efforts. We do offer complimentary internet in our Lobby and Entrance Level Lobby near Starbuck’s but follow Starwood and Westin standards of charging for this service in our guest rooms. I am so glad you enjoyed the wonderful city view from your guestroom and hope to see you again when you visit Denver.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

From start to finish, this is just a great hotel. It doesn't have any quirks or creative touches, but it feels universally luxurious, clean, and well-staffed.

My bed was extremely comfy, and I was able to change the temperature in my room to whatever I wanted. I really liked that you can open the windows a crack, to let in fresh air. You can make the room as dark or light as you want, with a few curtain options. They provided free water bottles. And at sunrise I could see the sun hit the Rockies, which was a treat.

I did valet parking. It was pricey, but very easy - I just called down when I needed my car and it was downstairs waiting for me when I exited the building.

I would absolutely stay here again any time I am in Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible, with a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hotelgirl111

It's wonderful to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Bed and the amenities we offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!