“Nice experience”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #25 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great hotel. Nice location in downtown Denver alongside 16th St. mall. Access to many shops and restaurants. The hotel was very quiet and comfortable. I was surprised that there was no hotel amenity shop. The hotel bar staff was very attentive and pleasant. A very good experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I needed to stay at this hotel for a meeting as well as a family event and it was complicated using points and cash. The service was so great and I was relieved to get it all accomplished with such kindness. The room was also as I had requested on an upper floor with a view of the mountains, thanks again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

It's great to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel! I'm glad that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We recently held a company event at this hotel and it was fantastic. The event services coordinator, Heather, was amazing. Helen and Dan Floreseu in banquet services were incredible and Tony from PSAV was a genius. They were all consistently checking with us on everything and immediately taking care of any requests we had. They were extremely friendly and more then willing to accommodate our requests. I would definitely recommend hosting events at this hotel and having your attendees stay in the exceptional (large, tastefully decorated), clean and a beautiful view) rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Our team at The Westin Denver Downtown consistently strives to exceed the expectations of our guests, and it sounds as if we succeeded with your most recent stay. I will share this comment with Heather, Helen, Dan,Tony and the rest of our staff to further encourage them and demonstrate that their hard work is recognized by the most important people in our hotel, guests like you. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Last weekend, I attended a conference held in the Westin Hotel Downtown in Denver, CO. Overall, I was impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of the staff. But there is one person who stood out that I would like to acknowledge: On the second day of the conference, I was wanting to call home and had no easy way to do that, as I don't have a cell phone. I approached the desk to ask for help and encountered Kelsi Bianco. I explained to her that I have no cell phone and asked her if I had any options - Did they have a pay phone? Could I use a house phone and pay for the long distance charges? Without hesitation, she handed me her cell phone and said, "Here. You can use mine." I asked her if she had to pay for minutes and she said yes, but she never uses them all.
I have been a caterer in the Vail Valley for 22 years and I am very familiar with good customer service. I was blown away by her easy generosity. This isn't something that you learn to do in training - it was obviously something that came naturally to her and I was so grateful. Because of this one small thing, she made my day a little bit better and sent me away with a smile. What a great representative of your company! Westin, I think you have a keeper here! Thank you!
- JP Kacy

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Justine P K

We love when our guests provide us excellent reviews such as yours! I will be sure to share this review with Kelsie and our entire staff! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My sister and I went hotel hopping to see which one we liked as our go to Hotel when we visit our parents in Denver and I think we found it! This Westin definitely was amazing. We checked in around 7pm on a Saturday and there was no one in line. We were greeted by the lovely Katie. She was so nice and made us feel welcomed. I had called earlier and spoke with Jazmin who reserved us an awesome room on their highest floor! Thanks to the sweet welcome by both ladies, we were able to enjoy a great view room.

The pool and gym facilities were closed so we couldn't enjoy that but they offered other facilities which was nice. I loved the location, the fact that it wasn't right on the strip but close enough to everything was great.

Overall if you want fantastic service, great hotel, and comfy beds come to this hotel and see Katie and Jazmin. They're awesome!

Room Tip: Call in a day early to try and get an upgrade. You never know!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zeke R

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We have passed on the kudos to Katie and Jazmin, as well as posted your comments for the rest of the hotel to continue to be motivated to take care of great guests such as yourself. We look forward to the next time you and your sister are in Denver.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Nice, clean, large room, with great views, especially when it was snowing!!! Very comfortable beds, I've never slept better in a hotel!!! Close to everything. We were fortunate enough to get a fridge & microwave, so we could eat breakfast in room before walking to convention center. If we didn't have that, I would be a little irritated. I hate that the "nicer" more expensive hotels don't include internet, but didn't really need it on this trip anyway. I would stay again for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent experience here. I agree; we have the best location of any hotel in the Denver area with easy access to the sports arenas, restaurants and night clubs. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Westin Heavenly Beds. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a well located hotel, the room was quiet and Soviet era brown. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom and hallways Holiday Inn-esque. Check in took longer than typical, but the folks at the desk were friendly while they worked out the computer issue.

If you want no bugs, good location, average furnishing and fixtures, this place is fine. If you are looking upscale you might want to look elsewhere.

Didn't pay full rate, so got pretty much exactly what I paid for.

1  Thank Dim B

I apologize for the negative experience you had and thank you for the feedback. We value all opportunities to improve. I have shared your comments with our leadership. Thank you for your time and once again, I do apologize that our hotel was not what you hoped it would be.