“In the middle of Denver”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
“In the middle of Denver”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

In stayed 3-nights and enjoyed my stay. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I arrived around 11AM and was able to check-in and go to my room. During my stay I never had to wait long at all for an elevator. Local transportation, bus or taxi, is right outside the hotel. Never had to wait for a cab or catch a bus a ½ block away. Because of the hotels central location, when I come back in September, I’ll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Our team at The Westin Denver Downtown consistently strives to exceed the expectations of our guests, and it sounds as if we succeeded with your most recent stay. I will share this comment with our staff to further encourage them and demonstrate that their hard work is recognized by the most important people in our hotel, guests like you. We look forward to your stay in September.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Cheyenne, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I enjoy the services, staff and accommodations. It is nice to arrive valet the car and enjoy your weekend stay. No need to worry about anything while your there. The staff always goes above and beyond and since we are Starwood members we really enjoy flexible check in and out times. This is our favorite place to stay and the roof top pool in summer is another great reason!

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice but if you prefer the mountain views they are available.
Green Features: The lounge is a great place to unwind. The rooftop pool and gym also are great places to just recharge before you hit 16th street mall.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I truly appreciate your kind words. It is especially meaningful to hear from our loyal Starwood guests. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and The Westin Denver Downtown. This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Denver.
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed recently at the Westin Denver Downtown...Staff was Great! Niki and Elizabeth are Awesome. Late check out was nice. Also got help getting to the Rockies game. Nice rooms with view of the mountains. Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed at the downtown Denver Westin recently for a work conference. I had recently been diagnosed with several food allergies. The banquet staff went above and beyond to ensure my needs were met, especially Johnny.

Green Features: I loved the $5 gift card in lieu of housekeeping services.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Laura R
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our company recently hosted a large customer training event at the Westin Denver Downtown. Our format included both large social events and various educational sessions. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that every little detail is up to expectations. Their executive meeting specialists - especially Lucia, Ashley and Anastasia - kept a smile on their faces while they ran around keeping things moving efficiently. Szilvia, along with James, was an excellent leader of the banquet staff and made sure that our meals and events were seamless. The A/V staff, particularly Eric and Bryan, were available at a moment's notice to attend to any minor glitches or additions we had. Our convention services manager Heather, was always available to help us out on site.

The layout of the meeting space on the mezzanine level was very conducive to networking and conversation, which is a key part of our event program. I liked the large area with smaller meeting rooms around the edge.

The hotel is located walking distance from so many diverse and delicious restaurants and bars. All in all, we have heard nothing but good things from our staff and customers in attendance. The Westin Denver Downtown is an excellent event for a professional and enjoyable business event.

Green Features: I loved the $5 gift card I got every morning because I opted out of housekeeping. I used it at Starbucks after my trip to the fabulous gym.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Charleston
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great location downtown Denver on the pedestrian mall, loaded with restaurants, bars and shops. Some rooms have a view of Rocky Mountains. There's a quaint ice skating rink just outside the side door. It's a long way from the DEN airport!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first trip to Denver and turns out we had the ideal location. Everything was within walking distance. The staff was helpful and courteous. The room was a little warm and did show it's age a bit. The air conditioning unit is set to turn off when there isn't activity in the room, so I was never cool enough at night or when I walked into the room. Saving grace here was in the friendly staff and great location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at The Westin Denver and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our close proximity to the 16th Street Mall, LoDo, Larimer Square, Coors Field and the Pepsi Center. I do apologize that the room was not cool enough for you. I love the fact that our windows open so that the guestrooms get some fresh outside air. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Denver.