“Big room, good gym, great breakfast buffet”

The Westin Denver Downtown
Ranked #30 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Big room, good gym, great breakfast buffet”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is hotel is located very centrally in downtown Denver. Other than the price which seemed very high for a hotel at this level and the decor which was a little worn, all the other elements met my expectations. The room was very large and had the trimmings (heavenly bed, feathery pillows, etc) which are hallmarks of Westin hospitality. The service was friendly and helpful throughout, with the large well equipped gym and great breakfast buffet as a good complement for a two night stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed our wonderful Heavenly Beds and awesome staff. This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. Thanks again for the time you took to post and share your positive experience with us. Hope to see you again the next time you visit Denver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hands down the best hotel with the best staff and accommodations in Denver. Palms down stairs and a block from the walking mall and the stadiums. The staff is amazing and the rooms are kept impeccably clean. They provide gear for running as well as a tour with a running coach. If you like the way the place smells then you can get any of the toiletry items on Amazon and in bulk. I have a supply of lotion and shower gel. lol.

I cant say enough good about this hotel. It is my favorite and it always makes everything work. If you want an upgrade don't be afraid to ask for one. I have been put into the nicest rooms with a simple request at check in. The staff is beyond inviting and the valet crew is one of the best I've ever seen.

Room Tip: go with the suites. Best view, best layout and best bang for your buck. Enjoy the 4pm check out and...
Green Features: I got multiple $5 coupons for keeping it green and forgoing unneeded linen changes and towel replacement. Nothing like a free cocktail for keeping it green
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We love when our guests provide us excellent reviews such as yours! I will be sure to share this review with our entire staff! Please make sure to come visit us more often!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We particularly appreciated the rather polite & committed service of Stephen Nielsen. He treated us like family and made the whole stay. Everything we needed was attended to- sometimes even before we asked! Highly reccomend staying at the downtown Westin!!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your recent stay with us! I will make sure to share your comments with Stephen. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Denver!
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 April 2014

In stayed 3-nights and enjoyed my stay. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I arrived around 11AM and was able to check-in and go to my room. During my stay I never had to wait long at all for an elevator. Local transportation, bus or taxi, is right outside the hotel. Never had to wait for a cab or catch a bus a ½ block away. Because of the hotels central location, when I come back in September, I’ll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Our team at The Westin Denver Downtown consistently strives to exceed the expectations of our guests, and it sounds as if we succeeded with your most recent stay. I will share this comment with our staff to further encourage them and demonstrate that their hard work is recognized by the most important people in our hotel, guests like you. We look forward to your stay in September.
Cheyenne, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I enjoy the services, staff and accommodations. It is nice to arrive valet the car and enjoy your weekend stay. No need to worry about anything while your there. The staff always goes above and beyond and since we are Starwood members we really enjoy flexible check in and out times. This is our favorite place to stay and the roof top pool in summer is another great reason!

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice but if you prefer the mountain views they are available.
Green Features: The lounge is a great place to unwind. The rooftop pool and gym also are great places to just recharge before you hit 16th street mall.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JulieR1012, Manager at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I truly appreciate your kind words. It is especially meaningful to hear from our loyal Starwood guests. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and The Westin Denver Downtown. This kind of feedback is so great to share with our team to encourage them every day. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Denver.
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed recently at the Westin Denver Downtown...Staff was Great! Niki and Elizabeth are Awesome. Late check out was nice. Also got help getting to the Rockies game. Nice rooms with view of the mountains. Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed at the downtown Denver Westin recently for a work conference. I had recently been diagnosed with several food allergies. The banquet staff went above and beyond to ensure my needs were met, especially Johnny.

Green Features: I loved the $5 gift card in lieu of housekeeping services.
1 Thank Laura R