“I am a Regular and LOVE this Place”
Review of Devil's Food

Devil's Food
Ranked #157 of 3,095 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Washington Park
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Seriously, this is the best brunch spot in Denver. I'll go further and say you won't find a better breakfast or lunch either. Their dinner menu is serious as well.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Devil's Food. Found it years ago on my own and it is the best kept secret. Go here routinely for breakfast and lunch. In the spring and summer I adore the back patio to soak in the sun and chill. The portions are generous, the service spot on and the pastries always very tasty. The storefront draws a great crowd because it is situated on the popular Gaylord Street in Wash (ington) Park and sells little gift, kitchen and decor items as well. Great place hands down.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This restaurant is excellent for breakfast, lunch, dinner, homemade deserts and friendly service. Their chef is talented and the dinners are very creative and tasty. In the summer there is an outdoor patio. My only dislike is at times the place is too noisy.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We met friends for brunch this morning and had a very mixed experience.

First of all, the wait is ridiculous and doesn't seem to be very well managed. . I don't understand why some restaurants suddenly have such a negative attitude about taking reservations. Half of the time when the hostess came out to call for a party, there were no responses because they had already left to go somewhere with a shorter wait.

Most of the people waiting for tables were congregated in the front around the hostess stand and where you can buy coffee and baked goods to go. It was so congested that it was chaotic.

After nearly an hour of waiting, one of our party went to ask how much longer and was told that we could be seated right away if we wanted to sit on the patio. The weather was mild but warming so we accepted.

We were taken to the back patio to an old metal patio table that was literally crusted with dirt and had standing water on it and was very unbalanced. We were the first people to be sat on the patio but soon every table was full. The staff had put silverware wrapped in cloth napkins on every table but it didn't look any of them had been cleaned. Our table needed more than a wipe down. I get that they're trying for an eclectic vibe but tables should still be clean and stable.

Now for the food and drinks.

I ordered a fuzzy navel and the traditional benedict and have to say that all was delicious.

My partner, however, had a very different experience. He ordered the pumpkin stuffed crepes and specifically requested "no pecans". His crepes came with "a ton of pecans". Not only that but the crepes were very small and only came with a couple small strips of bacon. Because the wait was so long, he didn't want to wait for them to take them back and bring him crepes without pecans so he ate them and was really disappointed - he said that the stuffing in the crepes was very bland and he was very unhappy with how little food was on his plate.

One of our friends loved the daily special benedict that he got that had pork bellies and avocado. Our other friend didn't even have his order delivered at the same time as the rest of us. The server brought our three plates sat them down and said, "will there be anything else" and we had to say...."yes, where is his meal?".

So...a very mixed experience. I would go back...but I will either get there early or late to miss the crowd so that there isn't such a long wait...and demand better service.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great breakfast place. My son warned by my son, I could be in for a long wait for a table, We got there early and either beat the rush or just missed it. (Sunday 8:30am)We did not have to wait, but when we left, there were several people waiting for tables. If you are not a local, this place is not on your radar. It is located in one of Denvers quite and very nice neighborhoods.

The staff was very good, the time machine seems to be stuck in the era my mom called early basement, late attic. Which adds to the enjoyment of the dinning experience.