“Denver vacation”

Ramada Denver Downtown
Ranked #107 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I really liked it here. The hotel is a little rundown and older, but the rooms were clean. Yes, the hot tub is broke down--looks like it has been for awhile. However, the pool was good, which is very important for me. Not right by the 16th street mall or Lodo but the shuttle system worked good for us. They took us anywhere we wanted and picked us up. Bus system runs right by the hotel also, so really easy access. Staff is incredibly helpful. I would stay there again and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tracey c
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you Tracey C for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. It was a delight to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality and complimentary shuttle service provided by The Ramada Denver Downtown. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the broke hot tub. Maintenance has addressed the issues and the hot tub should be fully functional in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next Denver Vacation.
Best Regards
General Manger

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This location isn't right downtown (at least not the busy tourist area) but just far enough off the beaten path to really experience the culture of this city. Every amenity is in walking distance and it's just a 10 minute walk to the capital. Denver is a trip on its own but choosing this hotel made it an awesome get away. Parking is ample and free, hotel has a cute pool that even hosted a same sex party the Sunday we were there - forward thinking and easy going, just like the city itself. The rooms are adequate and clean and what you expect for the price point. Not fancy but offering a fridge and plenty of space and cozy beds. The best thing about this place is the front desk staff. They are attentive and friendly. Almost every time we entered or exited the lobby we were greeted with smiles and kind words. That doesn't sound like much but it doesn't happen unless a hotel gets the culture of customer service and what it means to make people feel welcome when far from home. They accommodated us with shuttle service, fantastic suggestions of what to do while we were in town and even free sunglasses! Thanks to everyone working at the property from July 3rd to 7th. You made a great holiday even better. If you value service and great attitudes you won't beat this stay in Denver. Thanks guys!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ally Mack B
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you NiagaraBurtons for taking the time to share your wonderful review with the tripadvisor community. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday stay and recognized the great service by our team. Our free parking and courtyard swimming pool are great amenities that only a few hotels can offer. The staff of Ramada Denver Downtown looks forward to welcoming you back with open arms!
Best Regards

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fix pool

The room was ok sink and tolet were pluged most of the time room was hot loud street down below pool was cold and hot tud broken we thought we got breakfast free but we did not. We were given a ride but there never came back for us we call a cab I would not stay there agian

Room Tip: None was a bad motel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you Kevin S for taking the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community. I would like to personally apologize for the maintenance, and shuttle miscommunication issues during your stay. I assure you these issues have been addressed. During your next visit to Denver please contact me personally. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awful. I booked for three nights and only stayed one. I arrived ten minutes early only to be turned away and forced to watch a prostitute change in the parking lot with my two kids in the car. The area is really shady despite their review of great location. Finally getting my room only resulted in even more let downs. The 5 ft 11 ceilings in the hall was a little strange and the constant weirdos in the pool area just made it feel really unsafe. I spent the only night there teaching my kids how to load my firearm . The room was full of hair from someone other than us, and my entire family slept with our jeans on. I have had better accommodations camping. I would not recommend this place to anyone including the homeless drunk people outside. Don't stay here this place should be burned down.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Gabriel M

Dear Gabriel ,
My sincerest apologies for your unacceptable experience. What you have shared is very concerning and is not the normal standard at our hotel I would like to speak with you directly to address the issues during your stay. Please let me know the best way to contact you. Once again, I am so sorry your stay was such a disappointment.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Have to say again how much I dig Ramada Downtown Denver. We stayed for a week this past Pride Weekend 2014 and no surprise, the overall experience was great. From check in, the gentleman who helped us was extremely friendly and outgoing. Everytime we walked in the front doors from enjoying the day/night in town we were always greeted with a smile. I've said in another review that this is a place to stay based on value. It may not be the fanciest hotel in Denver, but at the end of the day I'm more concerned with good service and a clean and safe place to shower and sleep.Both of which this hotel is. Our room was always clean and stocked with everything. We decided to drive this trip and parking was never a problem especially considering how busy this weekend was. It's super convenient to so many dining spots and bars. And even has a bar within the hotel that we stopped in for a drink at before we headed out for the night. (Bartender was great!) So if all you want is good value, convenience, and good service, this is the spot. This is our fourth year staying here and will be the only place we'll stay when we're in town! We're coming back in a few months for my birthday and we'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you M R for sharing your review in regards to your recent stay at the Ramada Denver Downtown. We are happy to hear that you found the staff to be welcoming and friendly. This is a tremendous compliment and we appreciate the recognition. We also love hearing that our hotel is your "Go To" when visiting Denver. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to serving you in a few months!
Best regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After my reservation getting "lost" at a different hotel and scrambling around downtown Denver to find another hotel, the front desk guy at the time was very understanding and nice. He gave us a deal on the nights that we stayed there. It was a little run down but something was better than nothing. I appreciated all the help that the staff gave us.

Room Tip: Wasn't bad. Our toilet acted kind of weird.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you 813customer for taking the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community. It was a pleasure to hear that our hotel and staff were able to provide such helpful aid during your time of distress. We look forward to welcoming you back to Denver in the near future.
Kind Regards
Ramada Sales

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed there for three nights because I wanted to be within reasonable walking distance from LoDo. The hotel, as a whole, has seen better days and it should be renovated from top to bottom. The ceilings are low and the place is, well, slightly creepy.
It's like you are in a Third World hotel. No refrigerators--ice machine was also out on my floor-no microwave. No breakfast offered. Okay, on the other side, no disagreeable incidents to be reported and it was closed to downtown. Buses run on Colfax continuously.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Qaviar
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you Qaviar for taking the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community. We are currently undergoing a property transformation at the hotel and the issues mentioned in your feedback are currently being addressed. The Ramada Denver Downtown is now offering business class rooms equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and many other top notch amenities. We are excited about the future look and feel of the hotel and we look forward to providing our guests with an updated experience. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sincerely