“Dirty and old!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Denver Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Denver Downtown
Ranked #96 of 154 Hotels in Denver
“Dirty and old!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I understand the price was much cheaper of other hotels on downtown Denver but even so the room looks dirty and has an awful smell. It´s a non smoking room but it's obvious that there were people smoking all over outside and inside the room. VERY old, walls and roof have stains and all lamps have some kind of bad connection because they turn off by themselves. I booked through hotwire as a 3 star hotel but its definitely 2 or less. I have been in Extended Stay America which were rated 3 stars land they were way better than this one. The hotel has hourly shuttles for free that can take u to downtown and also is pretty simple to go by bus but the neighborhood does not seem or feel very safe. The only good thing is an Irish Pub with excellent food right across the street and opened late.

Room Tip: Good luck getting a clean one!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
2 Thank Tatiana S
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you Tatiana for taking the time to share your review with the Tripadvisor community. The property is currently undergoing a renovation process and it sounds like you were placed in an older room. We do apologize for inconvenience and would love the opportunity to provide you with a more pleasant experience in a newly renovated room. Please contact me personally during your next trip into Denver.
Laura Ramos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was looking for an affordable hotel in downtown Denver, which is obviously an oxymoron. The Ramada Inn downtown sure looked good on paper. I told the desk clerk that my asthma is affected by room deodorizer, and he gave me keys to two rooms to check them out. Room A sure seemed great. On the 1st floor, with a patio by the pool. Cool. And the smell didn't seem too bad. So I asked to stay three nights, instead of the one I was booked for.

The room deodorizer, which smelled like Arm & Hammer pet odor eliminator, the baking soda-based powder you spread on carpet, built up over time. Open the door to the patio. Everyone smokes on their patio. Sit by the patio. Everyone smokes by the pool.

There's a free washer and drier upstairs. Cool.

By morning, I could barely breath. Step outside. Cigarette smoke everywhere.

Several drunk people by the pool. The woman who hangs out by the pool follows men to their rooms.

I absolutely hate this place. They were very nice and refunded my 2nd two nights without hassle. Looks great on paper. But I hate this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg D
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you Greg for taking the time to share your review with the Tripadvisor community. It sounds like from the moment you walked in the door our staff went above and beyond to ensure you experienced an enjoyable stay. And when things didn't work out we gladly refunded your money for the inconveniences. I am so sorry that our personal expressions of compensation didn't deter you from writing a negative review.
Clarkston, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I am here right now. Totally run down. Cleanliness and safety are not paramount here. A blemish on an otherwise decent Ramada name.

1st room they put us in had not been cleaned plain and simple. Some kind of huge red stain that I hope was pasta sauce was on the floor in the hallway of the room. No way if it had been cleaned you would miss that. Peel back the covers and find all kinds of hairs and stains on the sheets.

They promptly put us in another room. This one had been cleaned. Water damage to ceiling and walls is evident. There is a growing water stain about 5 ft long above our bed. U can see the poor drywall repair to fix the shower leak upstairs. Every time the people upstairs take a shower I can hear it drip and hit the drywall above my shower and bed. Bet it's ripe with mold. That's strictly a guess on my part. The window to the outside is broken. It let's in outside air and won't fully lock.

Woke up this morning to find french fries strewn across the 2nd floor main hallway. Told the girl at the desk. Left to drop my wife off came back it's about a hr later. Still there.

I read the reviews before we came. We didn't book this place. It was done for us. After reading all the reviews we kept seeing that the district or general manger would write back. Saying they are in the midst of a re-mod. Don't believe it. We tried to call her prior to our arrival to secure these newly updated business class rooms. She never called back. The only reason we called her was because we called the front desk prior to our arrival and we're treated rudely. Upon our arrival I offered to pay more for these updated rooms and offered the girl a nice tip. She didn't say they were booked or anything. She simply said we couldn't upgrade.

I could keep going. No reason to.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank method202000
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank You Meth for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. Your review has been shared with our team. It's a shame to read that our hotel didn't meet your standards.
Laura
Greeley, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Front desk gave someone a key to our room and they stole a couple of items. That's the only when these ppl got a key. Before we noticed our stuff missing I had to go downstairs and get new keys because they didn't work and I was never asked for ID. The employee let us watch the video of 4 ppl going into our room with a key. The police, ourselves, and the employee watched the video. The hotel is not doing the right thing and reimbursing us. Their excuse is that there were ppl going in and out of our room yet there is video showing otherwise. They just don't want to do the right thing because if it was the other way around I'm sure they would use the 20+ cameras they have there. There was a camera pointing directly to our room door, so they are full of it. Then again there is a reason they have an F with the BBB. I have always stayed here for Pride but never again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oralia L
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Accusations of this merit will be discussed and addressed in a private forum. So sorry you felt the need to involve the TripAdvisor community with your personal legal issues.
Sincerely
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I really liked it here. The hotel is a little rundown and older, but the rooms were clean. Yes, the hot tub is broke down--looks like it has been for awhile. However, the pool was good, which is very important for me. Not right by the 16th street mall or Lodo but the shuttle system worked good for us. They took us anywhere we wanted and picked us up. Bus system runs right by the hotel also, so really easy access. Staff is incredibly helpful. I would stay there again and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tracey c
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you Tracey C for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. It was a delight to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality and complimentary shuttle service provided by The Ramada Denver Downtown. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the broke hot tub. Maintenance has addressed the issues and the hot tub should be fully functional in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next Denver Vacation.
Best Regards
General Manger
St. Catharines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This location isn't right downtown (at least not the busy tourist area) but just far enough off the beaten path to really experience the culture of this city. Every amenity is in walking distance and it's just a 10 minute walk to the capital. Denver is a trip on its own but choosing this hotel made it an awesome get away. Parking is ample and free, hotel has a cute pool that even hosted a same sex party the Sunday we were there - forward thinking and easy going, just like the city itself. The rooms are adequate and clean and what you expect for the price point. Not fancy but offering a fridge and plenty of space and cozy beds. The best thing about this place is the front desk staff. They are attentive and friendly. Almost every time we entered or exited the lobby we were greeted with smiles and kind words. That doesn't sound like much but it doesn't happen unless a hotel gets the culture of customer service and what it means to make people feel welcome when far from home. They accommodated us with shuttle service, fantastic suggestions of what to do while we were in town and even free sunglasses! Thanks to everyone working at the property from July 3rd to 7th. You made a great holiday even better. If you value service and great attitudes you won't beat this stay in Denver. Thanks guys!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Allison B
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you NiagaraBurtons for taking the time to share your wonderful review with the tripadvisor community. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday stay and recognized the great service by our team. Our free parking and courtyard swimming pool are great amenities that only a few hotels can offer. The staff of Ramada Denver Downtown looks forward to welcoming you back with open arms!
Best Regards
Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fix pool

The room was ok sink and tolet were pluged most of the time room was hot loud street down below pool was cold and hot tud broken we thought we got breakfast free but we did not. We were given a ride but there never came back for us we call a cab I would not stay there agian

Room Tip: None was a bad motel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you Kevin S for taking the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community. I would like to personally apologize for the maintenance, and shuttle miscommunication issues during your stay. I assure you these issues have been addressed. During your next visit to Denver please contact me personally. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a more pleasant experience.