“Overall stay was nice. Wish they would have had the hot...”

Ramada Denver Downtown
Ranked #100 of 157 Hotels in Denver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is definitely not a bad hotel but it could stand some new staff. The staff I had were not exactly competent. I was asked numerous times what I was doing on the property even though I was on file as a guest. Guess they didn't get used to seeing me day after day while I was there..
The room I had was a bit rough but it was clean. As long as a room is clean I can deal with everything else.It was just me staying there so I didn't care about space, though the rooms were not too small.
The housekeepers were the worst part. I placed my do not disturb sign on the door for a reason..I do not like to be roused out of bed early in the morning to have my room cleaned. They completely ignored the sign and I woke up to them cleaning my room while I was on the bed trying to get rest. I was very annoyed by this. Overall I really enjoyed my stay because of the convenient downtown location and awesome nearby attractions. I think with some staff improvements this hotel would be a lot better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you Bakldco for taking the time to share you review with the TripAdvisor community. We are so sorry about the mis communication with the housekeepers and the "do not disturb sign." Your comments have be shared with our team and we thank you once again for the constructive feedback.
Eau claire
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After a LONG 15 hour drive; we arrived to the hotel. The gate surrounding the parking lot and a sign posted on the fence noted that if your car is broken into, they are not held accountable. Homeless people surrounded the hotel. The staff didn't know anything about the landmarks and even went as far as complaining about WalMart. When I tried to ask how far the Rockies are she said, " I'm not from the area." Hmmm. Not helpful. I didn't go out at night, it looked like the red light district. The elevator sounded like the starship enterprise ( ok that was cool). The towel in the bathroom had stains on it, lipstick or something. I don't want to know. Beds are not comfortable but the pillows were nice. Rooftop view from the window. A gentleman complained about his room not having a shower head. I joked with him saying hopefully he had a hose. Another guy complained that his daughter was hit on in the pool, being offered weed. Interesting. But, Across the street is an Irish Pub, GREAT food! music and great service! No free breakfast at the hotel. Don't expect this They make you pay extra. I didn't even see complimentary coffee. Even the water in the lobby with the cucumber slices was empty. Both containers were. As we were leaving the front desk they tried saying we had a $100 room service ( food) Unbelievable!! We are at the pub!! Overall the lobby looked really nice. I don't think we will ever come back here. I'm glad I didn't bring my children here.

• Stayed August 2014
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you Vickie for taking the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community. Your feedback is very important and this issues you mentioned will be shared with our team. Please contact me personally during your next trip to Denver.
Laura Ramos

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Kind of old and spooky hotel, the average experience was good. The rooms were ready and clean, but there was a fowl smell in some areas of the room and hallways. I couldn't make out what it was or where it come from, sort of like the smell of cigarette smoke that got trapped in rugs and other fabrics. Really bad for your breathing allergies, if you have, like I do. Other than that it was quiet and the service was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Diego for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. It was a delight to hear that you hand an overall good experience during your stay with us. The odd smell you mentioned is currently being addressed and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We look forward to your next visit to Denver.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Honestly the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The rooms were dirty, the staff was rude and uneducated, and the customer service is horrid!! They didn't clean my room TWICE and I had to get extra towels myself since they didn't clean my room for two days straight. Moreover, the hotel itself is old and dirty overall. The rooms are outdated and the shower temperature kept on fluctuating from freezing cold to burning hot. i couldn't even enjoy a nice shower. All in all, I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Levi_518
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you Levi for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. We are so sorry once again for the misunderstanding of the "Do not Disturb" 6 pm late check out policy. It was also a pleasure to see that you extended your stay after one night regardless of the inconveniences stated in your review.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I see there are many negative reviews about this Ramada, but I have only one complaint. The smell of weed in the hallways was very off putting. No smoking is NO SMOKING! Otherwise, it was far better than I was expecting. We used to stay at this hotel before we had our daughter which was at least 6 years ago. It wasn't bad but not the greatest. I was interested to see if anything had changed.

When we entered our room, I was delighted with the new beds and pillows! Very comfortable!
There was a new flat screen TV! I just wish there were a few more channels to choose from. Also there was a nice little fridge and microwave. The carpet looked new and the room was clean! I was more than satisfied and so was the rest of the family.

We actually added another night to our stay because we were so comfortable at this hotel. It has so many fun things surrounding it. The location is great! It's not perfect, but for the price, rooms and service, we'll definitely be staying here again!

Stayed August 2014
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you priestessmona for your recent review in regards to your stay at the Ramada Denver Downtown. It is always a pleasure to read wonderful feedback from a repeat guest. As you have stated in your review the property is currently upgrading and we are very excited and the future look and feel of the hotel. We do apologize for the unpleasant smell in the hallways during your visit. This has become a problem for all hotels in Colorado after the new legalization laws. I assure you this issue is being addressed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Best Regards
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Would have easily given this hotel a 2-star rating if it were not for the excellent shuttle service and the great staff. It is the CORPORATE OFFICE that should be ashamed at the deplorable, raggedy condition of this hotel! I am so sorry I did not check trip advisor prior to booking this hotel, but I didn't think a downtown hotel would resemble a flea bag motel in the least. This hotel's rooms are disgusting! Downstairs is modern, to a degree, but once you jump on the elevator and enter the room space - OMG! Old, broken lamps, nasty carpeting, peeling paint and wallpaper, water stains everywhere. Dogs barking in the next room - just pass on this one! Headquarters should be embarrassed at the condition of this place!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Keys_Hospitality, General Manager at Ramada Denver Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you TravelChickie for taking the time to share your review with the Tripadvisor community. The property is undergoing a renovation and it sounds like you booked with us during this current process. The issues you mentioned are being addressed. We are glad you noticed the modern upgrades made in the lobby. We are excited about the future look and feel of the hotel and hope to share the finished product with you during you next visit to Denver.