“Surprisingly Good.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #81 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We chose this hotel for a combination of price and convenience to the airport. It satisfied these criteria, but was rather better than we expected. Nothing flashy, but what it advertises in the way of facilities, it delivers. The rooms (we stayed twice, at the beginning and end of a circular trip fro Denver) were spacious, clean and comfortable, service at the desk was friendly and efficient, and although there is no restaurant, there is a large mall just nearby with plenty of choice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2010

This hotel is merely average. I have stayed here twice while catching a Colorado Rapids game at the Dick’s Sporting Good Park. I keep coming back because it is close to the stadium and has a free breakfast. The downside to the hotel is that it is old and showing its age; the furnishings look old and both times we had a toilet that you had to fiddle with to make the water stop running and during one of our stays we had to do the same with the bathroom sink. The rooms are not spotless but clean enough that I have never had to complain. Chances are until something better comes along for the price/location we will continue to stay here while catching a game but the hotel is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Comfortable beds, nice linens, good shower. Sketchy location (wouldn't walk anywhere), ants in the bathroom, broken glass on the first floor window (staff said birds hit the windows on that side of building??), continental breakfast somewhat lacking, BUT...reasonable rates for a Denver hotel. Very close to the Bass Pro Shop anchored shopping area - great restaurants & shops. Easy drive to the National Western Stock Show Coliseum and Events Center. Friendly staff - would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 10 September 2009

stayed after a long drive was awaken by itch knocked a bedbug off of me room 215 slept in the car

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank monie01mr
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We stayed for one night. There were three of us - two adults and one toddler. We stayed in many 2-star hotels in the past. Have to say that the room and the quality of services were better than what we expected for a 2-star hotel, especially with the price we paid (less than $50 with a student advantage discount).

We checked in very late, around 11 pm. It was not hard to find the hotel, although it was a bit tricky to find the entrance (too many sudden turns). Check-in was quick and smooth. The staff was friendly. We got a room on the first floor, next to the manager's office. We were surprised by the cleanliness and size. King bed, big TV, desk, and plenty of storage. Bathroom was very clean and huge (for this type of hotels). Not sure if because it was ADA accessible or not. There was a tiny stain on bedding sheet, and minor stains on bathroom tiles. AC/heater was hard to get the right temp and quite noisy.

Breakfast was a big hit for us. Their FREE breakfast was awesome. We had a bagel w/ creamcheese, mini-muffin, waffle (freshly made), pastry, , omelet (frozen?), juice and milk. We got up late so we didn't get to see all breakfast items they had, but were very happy with what we could get while they were clearing up the breakfast area.

It's a bit far from downtown Denver and major attractions. But it'd be a good place for just sleep and get ready before heading out for a day.

Check-out was smooth and quick. All staff at the counter (3 when we walked out) were very friendly.

Overall, we were very satisfied and happy with the service we got at this Comfort Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SuperTul
Reviewed 12 June 2009

The girl working the front desk seemed less then enthused to be there. I felt like I was a bother to her. If she wasn't on the phone with customers, she was on her cellphone. At least while she was on her cellphone, if one of us came up to the counter, she ended her call. I guess she was irritated she was being interrupted? She also couldn't answer basic questions about the area and looked at me like I was speaking a different language when I asked her for directions to the Northfield Stapleton Shopping Center, which she had no clue about. We were getting a rollaway and she said she was the only person working so she wouldn't be able to get it to us anytime soon. I told her that I could take it with me now since it was stored in a room right behind the front desk. She seemed totally confused by what I was saying so I told her I would come back for it. The front desk staff the next morning were much friendlier.

On the outside, the hotel looks fairly new but judging from our room, it seems like it was being renovated but they ran out of money and were taking short cuts to complete it. Some rooms had its numbers held by masking tape to the door. The toilet paper holder in our bathroom was shoved into a square too big for it that was cut in the dry wall so when my friend went to change the roll, it fell out of the wall. The ceiling above the shower had obvious water damage. One of our key cards were not working and when we went to get it recoded, the girl seemed annoyed. The area the hotel is in is semi-industrial but down the street and one exit away, there is a huge shopping area. You definitely need a car to get to to those areas. I originally booked the room through AAA since they offer a discounted rate however I discovered the hotels own website offers the room for a significantly lower price. I am glad I payed the power price because our stay did not warrant the original rate I booked. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lsn808
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Excellent clean Hotel, good breakfasts and helpful staff. Conveniently situated for Downtown, Airport and other attractions providing you have transport. We thought we would be able to use public transport which was practically non-existent and we had to hire a car. As visitors from England we found the traffic system and signage a little hard and got lost several times! However, everyone was very helpful both at the Hotel and in the vicinity. Would be better with china rather than plastic plates etc. - probably cheaper in the long run to employ someone to wash up. Comfortable bed and facilities.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple