“My new "Go-To" hotel in Denver: Good location, nice amenities, and great view”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is my new "go-to" hotel in Denver. I got a great price on the room through a travel website and spent 4 nights there. The view from the room was fantastic (I was on the 8th floor). It was always very quiet, making it easy to sleep. Parking was consistently very easy, right in front (a huge plus in my book). The restaurant was good, albeit a little pricey. There are two bars, a Starbucks, convenient shuttles, and a business center with a half dozen computers. Unfortunately, the indoor pool was closed for renovations during my visit, but it looked very nice and in a good private location. The hotel is freeway close and convenient to stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you call ahead, they will accommodate early check-in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mohave99
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear California Guest -

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver and that you plan to return! We do have a great view of Downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains from our superior rooms - always a favorite with our repeat guests. As you discovered, we are doing some remodeling - repainting the swimming pool was one project - such as all new guest bathrooms. We're planning the summer landscaping for the pool and courtyard retreat so they will be perfect for your next visit. I hope to see you again soon - please let me know if I can be of any assistance with your stay.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife and I arrived in Denver late Monday night (Feb 27th) for a one night stay. The hotel shuttle arrived at the airport on schedule and provided free transportation to the hotel. The king room we reserved was very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was basic with a tub / shower combo with nice fluffy towels. The bathroom was very clean...

Early risers can be treated to Starbucks coffee and expresso in the lobby. Conveniently located in the lobby is Avis rental car. If you can possibly avoid renting a car at the airport, do so!!! The same rental for a mid size automobile would have cost me double had I rented from Avis or any other reputable agency at the airport.

The staff was very professional and courteous at all times.

I would highly recommend a stay at the Double Tree Hotel on Quebec St!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Lukes727 -

I'm delighted you had a great night at our DoubleTree by Hilton Denver last weekend and thank you for your nice review. We're particularly proud of our airport transportation system - one of the largest in the area as well as the Hilton Family of Brands. And combined with our onsite Avis Car Rental - a great convenience for our guests. I hope you'll come back to visit and make our hotel your base to explore Denver and the Rocky Mountains - all close by. DoubleTree by Hilton is the Traveler's Reward when you're away from home.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Never stayed in a Doubletree before, but my Diamond Hilton status afforded me enough points for a free stay on our way up to the mountains. Upon checkin (4pm) we were told our room was not ready. In fact I had been upgraded to a suite but it was being cleaned. The Front Desk gave me some drink vouchers and asked us to wait in the lobby. Eventually after a few drinks we made our way up to the suite. The place is being refurbished and we had one of the newly decorated rooms. Very spacious, nicely decorated with two veranda’s overlooking downtown Denver and the mountains in the background. Nice. Only real negative about such a room was the lack of a safe. Having been recently remodelled, I would have thought a safe should have been added. Had a quick supper in Characters, the hotel bar which was fine. Good choice of tap beers btw. All in all a very pleasant stay and well looked after by the management bearing in mind our poor start. Will consider staying a Doubletree in the future as an alternative to Hilton.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Visitor from the UK -
We love our HHonors Diamond Members at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the delay getting you into to your room but I'm delighted you felt the wait was worth it. I appreciate your feedback about the in-room safe and can assure you it will be a part of our decision-making process when the time comes. I would like to say, though, that we're an excellent choice as your base for exploring Denver and the immediate Rocky Mountain area on an extended vacation. The best sites in Denver are only a few minutes away by car and day trips to the mountains are quick and easy. Please let me know if you're going to be in Colorado again so we can provide a wealth of information to make your stay great.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We were checking in with out daughter for a volleyball tournament. We got a room with two double beds. I am 6'6" and sharing a double bed with my wife is an unhappy sleepless experience. We therefore requested a King bed. "I am sorry, we have no king beds on that floor" (9 floors in the hotel). "Then can we have a room on another floor?" "No, the manager does not want anyone with your Hmmm, how shall we say it, team participants on any other floor. (as it turned out, the floor was the last to under go renovation and our team rooms were the old rooms.). So we asked again, "we are willing to pay extra for a king bed room on another floor." He was not even a bit apologetic. "I am sorry the manager is quite clear on this policy." So, I ended up asking them for extra bed sheets and blankets so I could stretch out on the floor to sleep. THEN, he said, "Oh yeah, you need to sign this:" and handed us a sheet the parents had to sign with PRINCIPLES OF CONDUCT! I must say, I have never been treat like such a second class citizen before. I hope it is not indicative of other Double tree hotels. And by the way, the room was not cleaned (and very quickly at that) until 4:00 PM. The hotel itself was at least adequate.

Room Tip: Try another hotel?
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank senatorcassius
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear SenatorCassius -

It was great to get a chance to talk with you about your review in TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and also your willingness to discuss it. I agree there was no excuse for the unprofessional behavior by any of our staff and I sincerely apologize for it. I hope I get the chance to meet you on any of your future visits with us and to prove my commitment to making a wonderful stay for you and your family. Please let me know if I can answer any questions or be of assistance in the meantime.

Allen Paty, General manager

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed here after having all our flights out to Chicago cancelled. Obviously I was upset to not be going home but the staff and the hotel were great. Through the airline we got a great rate and they have a free shuttle to and from the airport. They gave us warm and very tasty chocolate chip cookies at check in! The room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel cafe is an additional cost but has a very good breakfast buffet. We inquired about late check out and were given a generous amount of time since our flight out wasn't until 8pm. The hotel pool was really clean and very nice. I'm generally very pick about hotel pools and usually steer clear but this is a good one. Staying here for the night and a majority of the day we were able to relax, watch movies and swim while waiting for a flight. The staff and hotel really helped to ease our travel situation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachelbo

Hello Rachelbo -

Thanks for your great comments about your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! When travel plans hit a snag, that's when we go into high gear. Free shuttle from the airport, warm chocolate chip cookie, caring staff, comfortable room with emergency toiletries, wonderful facilities to unwind - we're here to help get you on your way in a relaxed frame of mind. I hope you'll come back for for an extended stay to check out all the wonderful things Denver has to offer just minutes away from the hotel. The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is the Travelers Reward after a long day.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is just a tiny bit dated. It is, however, very clean. The restaurant, bar and Starbucks are nice with standard high prices on some of the food. However, the sandwich bar at 9.95 since is not a terrible deal and you get a sandwich that is difficult to finish in a single sitting.

The reason I gave it three stars was that it is somewhat dated (although under renovation which means it improving), the beds and bedding are not comfortable or nice, one of the front desk persons was "snippy" and refused to answer questions about conference set up. Instead of saying she wasn't equipped to answer the questions she quipped that she had already answered several questions of others attending and I should go ask some of them.

The breakfast buffet is nice, but overpriced at $15. The elevators are tiny.

The A/C and heater in the room was not working properly and made the temperature uncomfortable. The television remote needed new batteries and nobody had checked to do this.

They did, however, bring a new battery right away.

Overall, the hotel is affordable at 107 a night, but just okay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CreagP
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear ICHermes -

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us this month. I always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially when there are some things that need my attention. I was glad to see you enjoyed our Mile High Deli Sandwich and Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast while you were with us - both very popular options with our guests. And you are quite correct that we are renovating. We're completely remodeling all guest bathrooms - and they're fabulous - as well as updating our guestrooms; we just completed new lobby furnishings and flat-screen TV's in all our rooms. An exciting time for us and for our guests, too, I hope. However, there was no excuse for less than the friendliest possible attitude from our staff. Please be assured I have spoken to our Front Desk Manager about the DoubleTree by Hilton philosophy of warm, caring customer service. I hope you'll come back soon to see our improvements!

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I am currently checked into the Doubletree Denver. I must admit...when I first pulled up I wasn't sure. I had checked the TripAdvisor comments and that was what encouraged me to keep going. As SOON as I walked in I was warmly greeted by an incredible staff. My front desk check in could not have been more welcoming. This location seems to be a VERY genuinely happy place to work. I even rode the elevator up with a staff person delivering room service and she was almost singing... :)

I agree. The property is absolutely older but well maintained. The hallways are very dimly lit. And the linens have certainly run their course. However, the rooms are adequate. I am on business travel and know that I can always count on Doubletree for consistency. I am not disappointed in that regard.

I also agree the restaurant is a bit pricey...but no worries. There is certainly food within an 8 minute radius.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear 2Sweet from Texas -

I was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I'm particularly proud of our friendly staff. It's not only a great place to stay but also to work. We're in the middle of several renovation and improvement projects, including all new bed linens. Also completely new bathrooms and we've started on our guestrooms as well. I appreciate your feedback about the hallways - our guests' comments are important to us when we decide where to spend our improvement dollars. I look forward to your next trip to Denver and the DoubleTree by Hilton!