“WARNING! Reservations online!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #56 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I made a reservation directly at Doubletree.com web page,... in GOOD FAITH, assuming it would be the safest method to book a room,...
After being unable to take the trip as planned due to a Mechanical Breakdown (transmission) of my car,... Doubletree REFUSED TO REFUND my reservation (with an advance 72 hour request), stating that it was "impossible" since their system does NOT ALLOW any refunds on a Non-refundable reservation!
Granted, I DID NOT read the fine print, assuming a legitimate Hotel Chain such as Doubletree, would surely accept cancellations,...every other hotel I've ever stayed in does????
POOR PR decision for Doubetree to TAKE my money, when I didn't even stay there????
NEVER use any of their chains again,... you might get in the Hospital or even worse,... THEY DON'T CARE? They have your money, and probably get PAID TWICE for the same room????

Room Tip: Don't ever pre-pay!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kent a
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Kent:

Thank you for your feedback. At our hotel we do our best to provide our guests a comprehensive list of booking options. With the exception of the “Advance Purchase Rate,” which has the lowest rate and is non-refundable, we do offer a 24-hour cancellation policy. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll consider staying with us. I would be delighted to review your comments with you personally if you would like to contact me directly.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel was located right in the middle of everywhere we needed to go in Denver. It is an older hotel that has been very nicely remodeled, and because it is older, it is very well built. The floors were very solid so I didn't have to stress about our 2 boys disturbing those beneath us. The walls seemed to be a tad thin, but it didn't effect our sleep or stay. The bathroom was smaller but very nice as was the lighting and the shower head was excellent, even our kiddos looked forward to showering. The pool was great and is open until 1am! Our boys spent more time in the pool then we had planned. It was so nice having a deeper 9ft. end also. The hotel was very clean and the staff so friendly.We had no issues with parking and its a bonus that it was free. We look forward to staying here next time we visit Denver. Definitely worth it for the location and price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Matthew -

I'm so glad you and your family had a great time during your visit to Denver and the DoubleTree by Hilton this month! You're quite right that we're in the perfect location to see Denver's best attractions, visit Downtown Denver, take in a Rockies game, or launch day trips to the Front Range. With ample free parking, free shuttle service to and from the airport, Avis Car Rental on site, even a bus stop on the corner - we have transportation covered for business or pleasure. I'm also delighted you enjoyed our newly renovated bathrooms - we're very pleased with the result. I hope you have more trips planned in the near future!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had the chance to stay here during an typical late spring Denver snow storm. The hotel was head and shoulders above any Doubletree that I have stayed in. All of the employees that I came in contact with were very professional. From the quick, extremely efficient check-in, to the ever so pleasant, & chatty lobby lounge server, ( not to mention handsome) LOL
I was amazed to be greeted in the morning by a cheerful & pleasant manager keeping a keen eye on all the goings on in the lobby that morning.
My room on the top floor offered a wonderful view of the distant skyline of Denver and crest of the spectacular snow-capped Rockie Mnt's behind it.The perfect setting by which to watch the storm outside,all from the comfort of one of the most wonderful beds at this fine hotel, made wish it'd never end !

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, and west facing for a view of DT Denver & Mnt's
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear New York Guest -

I'm delighted we were able to make your visit to Denver and the DoubleTree by Hilton an enjoyable experience. Yes, as one of the closest full-service hotels to the airport with the largest free hotel shuttle service in the state, we know how to handle snowstorms! We take pride in our friendly, efficient staff and comfortable guest rooms. We are the reward at the end of your day. I hope you visit us again soon. We'll have the warm chocolate chip cookie and fantastic view waiting for you!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed there for 4 days. Staff was very friendly and I loved the location close to highways in any direction as well as to Downtown Denver and airport. Rooms were a bit outdated in my opinion. But breakfast was great, a lot of choices and friendly staff. I had a great time visiting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 893AlexL
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Alex -

Thank you for your comments and for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Denver for your home away from home this month. We are, indeed, in an ideal location for anyone visiting Denver or the Rocky Mountain Front Range. By car we're close to Denver's best attractions and we also offer complimentary shuttle service to Denver International Airport. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our Wake Up Breakfast and those cookies are the best, aren't they? I hope you visit us again soon - we'll have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you! (By the way, my family and I visited the Apple Harvest Festival in Glastonbury last October - a beautiful area and a fun day for all!)

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, front desk staff could not of been any nicer, got free cookie on arrival, very helpful and friendly, room was very clean and quiet. I bought my dog asked to stay on lower level all staff seem happy which means it must be a good place to work... Well done..

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Georgia Food Critic -

We love having our four-legged friends check in with their humans in tow! DoubleTree by Hilton Denver, as well as all Hilton Family of Brands, is more than pet friendly - we're "pet welcoming." I'm happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and warm chocolate chip cookie. We take pride in being the hotel of choice for people visiting Denver for any reason - business, vacation, family - and we're centrally located to make any trip convenient. I look forward to welcoming you and yours back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

This is a very nice hotel in the Denver area that is close to the airport. Our stay was very comfortable and convenient for getting up early to go to DIA. The food was excellent and worth of every cent we paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Uturn -

I'm delighted we were able to get your travels off on the right foot! The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is very popular with our Colorado neighbors - we have the largest complimentary airport shuttle system in the state AND those warm chocolate chip cookies. We're close to Denver's attractions with the ever-growing Stapleton area across the street with shopping, entertainment, and dining options. I hope we can be your base in Denver for future visits.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

nice & warm - great amenities & helpful staff. Food was awesome - breakfast buffet probably one of the best I've had. Parking situation could be a bit better & had some problems setting up the internet - but we figured it out & would come back again

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Beroberson -

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay last month at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We take pride in providing warm friendly service along with a top-notch facility. I do apologize for the tight parking that weekend, though. We have over 600 free parking spaces but occasionally very large events will fill our the close-in lots. I'm also glad you enjoyed our Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet - one of our more recent offerings in The Cafe and a big success with our guests. I hope you visit us again soon - perhaps for a pleasure trip this time to enjoy all the sights of Denver.