“Great facilities”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #50 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel was pretty great. The hotel was clean, the staff was polite. The hotel is right off of the freeway and a short distance from the airport. The staff explained there was also an airport shuttle to the hotel. It is a decent distance to downtown Denver by car and about a $20 cab ride.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Robert -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We are very conveniently located, no matter how you arrive or what your plans are for your stay. We're proud to operate the largest free airport shuttle service in the area plus offer great transportation options such as an Avis car rental onsite, taxi service, a bus stop on the corner, and ample free parking. In just a few years, we will be on the newest light rail line being planned to Denver International Airport. I hope your travels bring you back soon and we can be your home away from home when you're in Denver.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had asked for early check-in...Plans changed I contacted hotel and actually told them we would be getting in late...we checked in around 7pm...however, I was charged the early check-in fee. Requested a room with a mountain view...was given a room on the 9th floor with a view of the projects charged for that as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kimberly -

Thank you for your comments following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I always appreciate hearing from our guests so I can look into issues personally. I apologize we did not provide a mountain view room for your visit. I've reached out to you via email in the hope we can discuss your feedback. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My first impression of the hotel came through the staff. John, at the check-in desk, was one of the most professional individuals I have shaken hands with at a hotel in some time. He had that balance of being helpful yet not over the top. I did not eat at this hotel but I did attend a conference. The audio/video tech team was fully prepared to support me before and during my presentation. Finally, the bus driver to the airport was a true server. You could tell that he appreciated his opportunity to work for the DoubleTree and knew he was a valuable piece of the team as he drove 8 guests to the airport.

To me, I felt the hotel had been updated. My room was first class regarding bedding, TV, bathroom fixtures, etc.

Regarding exercise, as you go out the front door, they suggested I should turn left on MLK Drive in front of the hotel and go that direction. There was a nice park with paths and it was a nice jogging area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Scott -

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We're particularly proud of our warm, friendly staff - the shuttle from the airport, check in, meetings, dining, housekeeping - our staff is eager to help make your visit a comfortable one. It's great you got a chance to enjoy the wonderful features of the Stapleton development right across the street. It's an ever-growing area with parks, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, even a beautiful new public library. I hope you have a chance to get back this way for pleasure this time and take advantage of our great location in Denver.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a large older hotel that has not been updated thoroughly. Part of the lobby is very inviting, the rest is dated as is the main restaurant. The hallways to the rooms have carpets that are so comically patterned and so hideous. I can't imagine why they haven't been replaced yet. Hallway carpets alone would make this hotel feel more up to date, The room was fine, nice stable AC, but all three lamps in the room were different, with different shades. It was very tag sale like. The pool, hot tub, and outdoor area are a highlight of this hotl, as is the modern gym. The beds were too soft and old, but the sheets were new and crisp. The best part of the room is the bathroom--modern, up to date, and inviting. The hotel is very well built so noise from neighbors and the hall is minimal. Beware the shuttle leaves from the airport at 15 and 45 after the hour but often leaves early. I had to wait a 1/2 hour because of that. Also beware that the bathroom lights are on a motion sensor. Not a great idea if you don't want the light on in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or if you take a bath and want the light to stay on. The breakfast buffet is just average. All this said the hotel is a good value for the right price.

Dear New York Visitor -

I sincerely appreciate your feedback following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver recently. I'm delighted you liked our newly renovated bathrooms as well as our pool/courtyard retreat and the fitness center. I can assure you, we are allocating funds to remodel the areas you mentioned but as you can imagine, scheduling entire floors to be closed for these projects is an ongoing process. Next up - remodeling the restaurants, which I'm certainly looking forward to. I hope your travels bring you "Out West" again and we can once more be your host when you're in Denver. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the meantime.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was our first trip to Denver. The concierge helped out with sightseeing and getting around the city without a car. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast, but glad it was included in the rate. The restaurant was too pricey. We ate at the Holiday Inn next door and also walked to close by restaurants. The outdoor jacuzzi was nice when it was hot, but not as good when it was lukewarm.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Karen -

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver for your first visit to Denver! As you probably discovered, we are close to Denver's best attractions with many options of getting around. Whether by cab, bus, rental car, or the upcoming light rail - it's a quick trip to shopping, dining, and entertainment. Our friendly Guest Services staff are experts at recommending where to go and how to get there. I hope you're already planning your next trip to do Denver and that you'll do us the honor of once again choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Denver.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel before... and we enjoyed our stay... but on this trip... I was not as lucky. The room was musty smelling and very small. The carpet was dirty and needed to be shampooed. I was awakened during the night several times by people talking in the hall way and in the room next door to mine. I will be looking for another hotel to stay in for our next trip.

Dear Deb -

On behalf of the staff and management, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us this trip. DoubleTree by Hilton Denver takes pride in providing the best in lodging and service - as you have experienced in the past. Our lapse this time is being taken very seriously and I can assure you improvements are underway. I would welcome any additional feedback if you would like to contact me - and to be of assistance on any future visits.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Everywhere I have been in this hotel: check-in (lightening speed I might add!), restaurant, concierge when I was trying to find a particular building in a college campus over an hour away, have been nice and fun to be around!
Great parking - no $29 per night parking fees!
Rooms are immaculate and made up early! I'm at a convention and it was nice to come in on my breaks and my room had been made up.
Great experience!

Dear Dallas Visitor -

I'm delighted you had a wonderful stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. Along with our famous chocolate chip cookies, DoubleTree by Hilton is known for our friendly, efficient staff. But it doesn't stop there! We have ample free parking for our guests who drive and for those who fly in, the largest free airport shuttle operation in the area. Starbucks in the lobby, Avis car rental, two lounges, The Cafe, 36,000 square feet of convention space all contribute to make us one of the best hotels and best values in the city. Let me know if we can be of assistance for your next meeting.