“Annie needs to teach customer service here!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Annie is a joy each time I stay here! Love her smiling face, friendly demeanor and helpful attitude. Maria could use a lesson from her. Maria seemed bothered that I didn't arrive on my original date and was very rude at the counter. I finally asked if she was going to be nice or I didn't want to deal with her. I was at the point that I would've shared my room with my co-worker. Rooms clean and beds comfy. Near by is a shopping center and about a 15 min drive is cherry creek mall. Free shuttle bus to/from airport is nice. Wish the business center wasn't in the center of the lobby though. Bar area is nice after a long day of teaching and you want to relax before bed. Free popcorn too! I enjoyed the flat iron steak which was very good. Christina the bartender maybe isn't used to tending or new not sure??? but if you bring someone unsweetened iced tea you usually bring sweetener/sugar or at least ask. Bar was busy so I waited awhile for the sweetener. Then my steak comes and she walks away again....waited awhile before I could ask her for steak sauce. Better trained employees would certainly been able to give the 5 stars. ANNIE please help your peers out!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Tina -

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our staff - the good as well as the "room for improvement." I always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially our frequent visitors. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with the managers of the areas you mentioned - and I look forward to demonstrating our improvements on your next visit. I'm glad you've been able to check out the surrounding areas. The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is in a great location to see Denver's sights, enjoy great shopping and entertainment, get to and from the airport on our free shuttles. I hope your travels bring you out here again soon! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The hotel was nice on arrival; very pretty, busy lobby area, bar area etc. The front desk needs help with customer service and smiles. Most everyone else was very accommodating. The rooms could use white noise machines for the outside noise.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Della -

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed our wonderful facilities on your visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver a couple weeks ago. We take pride in provided comfortable accommodations and great service so your feedback regarding staff friendliness is take very seriously. Please be assured I will address it personally with our teammembers. I hope you will make us your home away from home on your trips to Denver.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel was pretty great. The hotel was clean, the staff was polite. The hotel is right off of the freeway and a short distance from the airport. The staff explained there was also an airport shuttle to the hotel. It is a decent distance to downtown Denver by car and about a $20 cab ride.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Robert -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We are very conveniently located, no matter how you arrive or what your plans are for your stay. We're proud to operate the largest free airport shuttle service in the area plus offer great transportation options such as an Avis car rental onsite, taxi service, a bus stop on the corner, and ample free parking. In just a few years, we will be on the newest light rail line being planned to Denver International Airport. I hope your travels bring you back soon and we can be your home away from home when you're in Denver.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had asked for early check-in...Plans changed I contacted hotel and actually told them we would be getting in late...we checked in around 7pm...however, I was charged the early check-in fee. Requested a room with a mountain view...was given a room on the 9th floor with a view of the projects charged for that as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kimberly -

Thank you for your comments following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I always appreciate hearing from our guests so I can look into issues personally. I apologize we did not provide a mountain view room for your visit. I've reached out to you via email in the hope we can discuss your feedback. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My first impression of the hotel came through the staff. John, at the check-in desk, was one of the most professional individuals I have shaken hands with at a hotel in some time. He had that balance of being helpful yet not over the top. I did not eat at this hotel but I did attend a conference. The audio/video tech team was fully prepared to support me before and during my presentation. Finally, the bus driver to the airport was a true server. You could tell that he appreciated his opportunity to work for the DoubleTree and knew he was a valuable piece of the team as he drove 8 guests to the airport.

To me, I felt the hotel had been updated. My room was first class regarding bedding, TV, bathroom fixtures, etc.

Regarding exercise, as you go out the front door, they suggested I should turn left on MLK Drive in front of the hotel and go that direction. There was a nice park with paths and it was a nice jogging area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Scott -

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! We're particularly proud of our warm, friendly staff - the shuttle from the airport, check in, meetings, dining, housekeeping - our staff is eager to help make your visit a comfortable one. It's great you got a chance to enjoy the wonderful features of the Stapleton development right across the street. It's an ever-growing area with parks, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, even a beautiful new public library. I hope you have a chance to get back this way for pleasure this time and take advantage of our great location in Denver.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a large older hotel that has not been updated thoroughly. Part of the lobby is very inviting, the rest is dated as is the main restaurant. The hallways to the rooms have carpets that are so comically patterned and so hideous. I can't imagine why they haven't been replaced yet. Hallway carpets alone would make this hotel feel more up to date, The room was fine, nice stable AC, but all three lamps in the room were different, with different shades. It was very tag sale like. The pool, hot tub, and outdoor area are a highlight of this hotl, as is the modern gym. The beds were too soft and old, but the sheets were new and crisp. The best part of the room is the bathroom--modern, up to date, and inviting. The hotel is very well built so noise from neighbors and the hall is minimal. Beware the shuttle leaves from the airport at 15 and 45 after the hour but often leaves early. I had to wait a 1/2 hour because of that. Also beware that the bathroom lights are on a motion sensor. Not a great idea if you don't want the light on in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or if you take a bath and want the light to stay on. The breakfast buffet is just average. All this said the hotel is a good value for the right price.

Dear New York Visitor -

I sincerely appreciate your feedback following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver recently. I'm delighted you liked our newly renovated bathrooms as well as our pool/courtyard retreat and the fitness center. I can assure you, we are allocating funds to remodel the areas you mentioned but as you can imagine, scheduling entire floors to be closed for these projects is an ongoing process. Next up - remodeling the restaurants, which I'm certainly looking forward to. I hope your travels bring you "Out West" again and we can once more be your host when you're in Denver. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the meantime.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was our first trip to Denver. The concierge helped out with sightseeing and getting around the city without a car. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast, but glad it was included in the rate. The restaurant was too pricey. We ate at the Holiday Inn next door and also walked to close by restaurants. The outdoor jacuzzi was nice when it was hot, but not as good when it was lukewarm.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Karen -

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver for your first visit to Denver! As you probably discovered, we are close to Denver's best attractions with many options of getting around. Whether by cab, bus, rental car, or the upcoming light rail - it's a quick trip to shopping, dining, and entertainment. Our friendly Guest Services staff are experts at recommending where to go and how to get there. I hope you're already planning your next trip to do Denver and that you'll do us the honor of once again choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Denver.