“Good Business Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #57 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times for business. Older hotel, but decent for the rates.

Pros:

-Shuttle from airport- 20-30 Min.
-Shuttle to surrounding shopping areas
-Nice lobby for business travelers

Cons:

-Food is average with very high service charge for room service. ( I understand there is a service charge for room service, but this hotel does not include gratuity in the service charge or room service fee!! I think this is a bit too much)

-Hotel could use an update

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Robert -

I'm so glad you've chosen DoubleTree by Hilton Denver for your base when you come to Denver on business. I appreciate your feedback as a repeat customer. Listening to our guests is how we decide on upgrades through the year so please be assured I will keep your comments on hand. As well, I will be discussing our pricing structure with our Director of Food & Beverage. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when you're in Denver - I hope we see you again soon.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is a nice Doubletree hotel, be careful when the Taxi drops you off, because there are two Doubletree Hotels on the same street, just one mile apart. The lobby is lovely and has very nice meeting pace. The United Airline pilots are always here, so it is a great place for the girls to find a pilot / friend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Steven -

Thank you so much for the nice review from your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I agree we do have a lovely, comfortable lobby - great for relaxing, chatting with colleagues, or getting together with family. Starbucks and Deli, Lobby Bar, Guest Services, and Business Center are at your disposal whatever the purpose of your stay. I hope your travels bring you back and you will once again choose DoubleTree by Hilton.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Loved the hotel, the room was excellent but the parking situation was horrible. We ended up having to park a long way from the hotel every time we returned from being out. The fact that they had folks in their convention rooms only made matters worse.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Kansas Visitor -

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver when you stayed with us this month. However, I certainly apologize for the parking issues you encountered and can assure you I'm sharing your feedback with our Parking Manager. We have over 600 free parking spaces so it's fairly unusual to come up short - but clearly it does happen and we are looking at options. I hope you come out again soon! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when you visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I find traveling as often as I do that its hard to give 5 stars very easily. There are many really good hotels out there but few that really care about your stay. I was impressed and thats not easy. They really went the extra steps to make us feel appreciated at this Doubletree. The front desk was welcoming and professional, they were quick to mention my diamond status and I received complimentary breakfasts and snacks. Also had a really nice room overlooking the city and mountains. The beds were great and room was clean. I know this is my place the next time in Denver.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear HHonors Diamond Guest -

It's our pleasure hosting Hilton's most loyal guests at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver and to treat you to the little extras that go along with your status as a Diamond Member. We take pride in providing warm, friendly service to every guest along with a comfortable guest room and delicious meals in our restaurants. Our upgraded mountain and city view rooms offer a wonderful panorama of Denver and the Front Range - I'm delighted you enjoyed it. I look forward to your next visit with us and hope you'll let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel gives the best bang for the buck. It's a nice quality hotel for VERY decent prices. It's near a not so great part of Denver, which is what I think drives the prices, however to have a nice place to stay while being close to the University of Colorado hospital, I couldn't beat it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Jessica -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver last week! We are in a great location for a trip to Denver - whether it's for business or for other appointments in the area. We're just a few miles from Downtown Denver. Just across the street is the ever-growing Stapleton area with lots of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. And as you mentioned, the Anschutz Medical Campus at Fitzsimmons is a very short drive away. We offer ample free parking, taxi service just outside the entrance, and an Avis car rental onsite to make it that much easier to get to and from. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future - whatever your purpose in Denver.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Double Tree Hilton made our weekend stay the best, as we celebrated our new marriage. Once the staff knew why we were there, they were excited for us!We were given an excellent room on a quiet floor, which was nice. The accomodations were just perfect. We plan to stay there again for other upcoming getaways. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert -

Please allow me to add my personal congratulations on your marriage as well as that of our staff at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. We love helping our guests celebrate life's wonderful events! Whether it's a wedding reception in our 10,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, a birthday party in our lovely Crystal Ballroom, a baby shower in one of our gracious suites, or as in your case - provide a comfortable, friendly atmosphere to start off a special trip. I hope you visit us again soon - perhaps on your First Anniversary?

Reviewed 13 November 2013

There is two double tree's on the street which is rather confusing, just look at map to see which one you are staying at before traveling there. The roads are also a bit confusing. But the Hotel itself was an amazing experience, although the breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Ronna -

Thank you for your review and feedback following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. We do have a close affiliation with our sister property down the street on Quebec and are proud to be able to pool our resources to offer the best possible guest experience. Any of our staff at both properties are delighted to help with directions or provide any other assistance as you arrive. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward being your home away from home when you come to Denver.