“Good service all around!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #47 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Watkins, Colorado
“Good service all around!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I recently stayed a few nights while our home was being remodeled. The staff at the front dest was very friendly. We were bored and visited the sports grill a few times. Our waiter Shane was really polite despite the place being busy. We were impressed when we visited the second night and he remembered us AND what we were drinking. The bartender was polite also. It was a nice touch. Ashley(?) at the front desk was nice enough to give me a toothbrush after she heard me tell my wife I forgot mine. Only negative thing I could say is that the hotel is older. But seems well maintained. The Grill could use a remodel and the elevators were slow. But overall I'd recommend this place to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Keith -

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver to be your oasis during renovation. I know it's a challenging process and I'm delighted we were able ease the burden somewhat. I appreciate your feedback regarding Characters decor - guest comments are how we make decisions on remodeling. The elevators are being completely upgraded right now, which is a behind-the-scenes project, so I'm confident you'll notice the improvement next time. Although I hope there's no delay with your house, I do hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Your staff is exceptional!!! We have nothing but praise and will continue to stay with your hotel when we visit our son and grandchildren in Denver! Connie in the restaurant and Andrea who checked us in were so friendly!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Joyce -

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! Regardless of your reason for being in Denver - family, fun, or business - our staff is eager to make your visit even better. As you know, we're just off I-70 so it's easy to reach us after a day's drive and then convenient to get around the city once you're here. We're close to Denver's best sights and fun things to do as well as being a great place to gather everyone together. We look forward to your next visit - take some of our famous chocolate chip cookies to the grandkids for a treat!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Hotel is conveniently located near I70. They provide a FREE shuttle from and to the airport. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Although I had reserved a room at a higher rate than the walk in rate they made the change to reflect the lower rate. The most attractive feature, to me, of this hotel is that AVIS Car Rental is collocated in the lobby. This way one can avoid the exorbitant fees when one picks up at the airport. My cost for a one week rental was less than half of the DIA cost!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Wally -

There are so many great reasons to choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - and our onsite Avis Car Rental is one of the favorites for our savvy travellers. Our friendly staff, Starbucks in the lobby, comfortable guestrooms are just a few wonderful amenities we offer. Our shuttle service is the largest free hotel transportation system in the area; the easy access you mentioned to I-70 and ample free parking make us unique in Denver. Thank you for your review and I hope we see you again soon!

Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for business. The decor in the lobby is warm and friendly. The staff was wonderful, making sure that everything was comfortable for me. Yes, the hotel itself is older but the rooms are updated, fresh, and clean. Lots of great shopping across the street and the shuttle convenient for going to Northfield. I used to stay at the hotel next door but this is my new place to stay when I have to go to Denver for work! I would suggest that you find somewhere else to eat. Breakfast buffet was good but pricy. The dinner menu is limited, and very overpriced and not that great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Donna -

Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. We do our very best to make business travellers feel at home. Friendly employees, comfortable guest rooms, relaxing lobby, plus all the amenities today's businessperson expects such as free wifi, business center, first-rate meeting space, and a gym to work out the stresses of a long day. I'm also glad to hear you've had the opportunity to explore the ever-growing Stapleton District and Northfield. On the other hand, I appreciate your feedback regarding our food offerings and can assure you I am discussing it with our Director of Food & Beverage. I look forward to your next trip to Denver and being your home away from home.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was delayed 3 days by a blizzard and the staff at this hotel made me feel comfortable and welcome. The welcome was just what I needed and the room and rest of the hotel was clean, comfortable and well managed. The cookie was great too!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Stranded in Denver -

Travel can hold a lot of surprises - but the warmth and welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is something you can always count. Offering travellers a port in a storm is one of our specialties. Cancelled flights, no luggage, closed highways - we are here with a warm cookie and a friendly face. I hope you'll consider a trip back to Denver just for fun to check out all the great attractions close to the hotel or do some shopping or take in a professional sports game. We would love to be your host again!

Lafayette, CA
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Make sure they put your room far away from the elevators. The elevators chime as they arrive at each floor and it is the loudest chime we've ever heard for an elevator. You can hear it arrive on other floors from your room. Bring blankets because you are only given a thin sheet as bedding. Rug smells and is old. Furniture is gaudy and outdated. There were many sirens in this part of town late into the night. Between that and the elevator chime we didn't get much sleep. Enjoy the warm cookie at check in - it will be the highlight of your stay. All downhill from there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Foodie -

On behalf of the staff and management of the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver, I apologize for the poor experience you had with us last weekend. Please be assured I will speak to the Director of Housekeeping about the odor and to ensure the proper bedding is being used. As well, our Director of Engineering is in touch with our elevator contractor about the "ding" level. I always appreciate feedback from our guests as we make decisions on what to renovate and when - so thank you for helping in that process. I would be eager to discuss your comments personally if you would like to contact me as well as ask you for a second chance to demonstrate the lodging excellence for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known.

Shanwee, KS, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The double tree beds are the best. Marriott beds don't even compare. Free coffee in room but free breakfast is the only thing doubletree's are missing. The room was pretty nice, again doubletree standard. The hotel itself was a bit outdated, but very clean. Good location too, right near stapleton- great shopping and eating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Anastasia -

Yes, the DoubleTree by Hilton Sweet Dreams beds are great, aren't they? We've even had guests purchase them for their homes! I'm glad you took advantage of our wonderful location to explore the Stapleton area across the street with lots of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. On your next visit, check out our free shuttle service to the Northfield Shopping District - an upscale outdoor mall just a few miles away. I hope to see you again soon so we can show you all the best places to visit close by.