“Perfect for our needs”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 August 2008

I booked this hotel as a stopover, before we drove up to Estes Park. It was perfect for our needs as it was convenient to the airport and highway (Rt. 70). The room was spacious, clean, and with modern furnishings - all things we've come to expect from most Doubletree hotels. The hallways are a bit tired looking, but other than that everything was just fine.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandradt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed 17 August 2008

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful and seemed glad to have me there. The beds were good, my room was clean, and it had enough space for me. I had some trouble getting connected to Internet. I contacted tech support and in minutes it was up and running. The gentleman with tech support was very professional and skilled. The pool and spa area is very nice. However when I was there, a soccer tournament was taking place in town, so it was a bit crowded. I don’t feel this was the hotels fault. The elevators are a little small but there are plenty of them. My overall experience with this hotel was great.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Tac42
Reviewed 6 August 2008

Chose this hotel because it was close to where we were going. Not the best place if you are coming for the Denver sites, but if the location fits your plans, you cannot beat this Doubletree for the price. We paid $89. Spacious and pleasant. Extremely helpful staff. We needed a 2nd room due to a miscommunication and they handled it with terrific customer service and a great compromise. Look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Groupworker
Reviewed 8 July 2008

The Doubletree on Quebec Street in Denver was a great value at $85.00 on Priceline. I choose it based on previous reviews and location near relatives we were visiting. Although the elevator areas could use some sprucing up (worn carpet) the rest of the lobby area was very nice. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The bed was the most comfortable one of our entire vacation! Although we were assigned a smoking room by mistake at check-in, the situation was corrected in a couple of minutes when we returned to the front desk. We had a late dinner in the cafe and the food was good and reasonably priced. The delicious cookies at check-in were a treat! The Doubletree staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTS
Reviewed 20 June 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June 2008. Beware if you are given a room on the 2nd floor as construction is going on. The noise was never an issue because we were gone during the day, but somewhat surprised to wake up our first morning & walk through the hall viewing all of the gutted rooms with workers visible. Our room had the smallest bathroom I have ever seen with barely enough room to turn around in, or open & close the door. On our last day when I found out everyone else we were traveling with had much larger bathrooms I was a little disappointed. Beds were very short at 5'7" that usually isn't a problem for me, but at this hotel my feet hung off the end of the bed. One of the families with our party had issues with money being stolen from their room. When the manager was told of the incident the money suddenly appeared in a closet corner. Asked for a late checkout on our last day & was told 1:30 was the best they could do even though other members of our group had gotten approval for a 3:00 checkout. Being that I am a "Hilton Honors Member" I thought that was one of the benifits to my membership but the front desk person still wanted to argue with me. We were told we could pay a $50.00 extra fee which we agreed to, but after a little persuasion from our group coordinator the fee was waived by the manager. With so many other hotel options in Denver I would suggest only staying here if you have no other choice.

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank mojopup
Reviewed 19 June 2008

This is a lovely hotel, but do not stay here if you want to be close to Denver city centre.

The rooms, resturaunt, lobby and bar are all fine, but to get into Denver you need to get a bus and then the light rail.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2008

Nice lobby, check-in was fast and easy, elevators were plentiful and fast, but the hallway to my room (917) had a rank smell to it - very displeasing. The hotel has 9 floors, room 917 was very nice and did not smell, it was clean and comfortable. Room service was fast and the food was typical hilton fare, and expensive of course. Parking close to the entrance was a bit of a problem due to the convention space they have, it was in use on every evening i was there (4 nights) - so there is a bit of a walk to the hotel entrance/elevators most evenings. All in all, it was a pleasant stay. Oh, no free in-room internet service, but the lobby did provide free wi-fi. Getting to and from downtown is a straight shot on MLK drive (under 20 minutes).

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business