“Double Tree Denver”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Covina CA, United States
“Double Tree Denver”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I want to say that I am eternally grateful to the staff at this hotel for their professionalism and compassion. I had a heart attack on July 24th Thursday at 7 am while in my room (608). My wife called the front desk and security was there within 2 minutes with paramedics there within 5 minutes. I ended up at Rose Medical Hospital and the Double Tree was very compassionate to my wife and myself. Obviously this incident require our stay to be extended from 2 nights to 5 nights which the hotel kept my wife in the same room. The Double Tree also gave my wife a "hospital reduced rate" and transported her to and from the hospital during her stay. Although I wish this event would have never taken place, i am glad that I was in Denver and at the Double Tree! Thank you Double Tree! When in Denver I will only stay at this hotel.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Anthony Y
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Anthony -

I'm delighted to hear you are on the mend! I am, indeed, very proud of the staff of the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver and will certainly pass along your kind comments. Our employees are good at what they do and genuinely care about our guests. We have ongoing training for many contingencies - whether it involves health issues or Mother Nature, our staff is prepared to help. I hope once you're up to it, you come back to visit us! Your stay was extended but your planned activities were cut short - so it would be our pleasure to help you enjoy Denver. Please let me know if I can be of any personal assistance.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I think this busy Doubletree is getting a little tired. I think the location is excellent for getting to downtown, to the zoo and museums or to the airport and is near very good restaurants and some shopping at Northfield. The big minus is that the air conditioning units in the rooms are old and incredibly noisy! Some people may like it because it drowns out noise in this busy place, but it was difficult to hear the tv with the air on. And it wasn't just mine as we had we other rooms there. But beds were good and staff helpful.

1 Thank CABPV
Dear North Carolina Guest -

Thank you for your review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver and for your feedback - especially regarding the air conditioning. It is primarily from our guest comments that we determine our focus areas and I can tell you that replacing AC units has been an ongoing project this year. On the other hand, I'm very glad you enjoyed our perfect location for seeing the best Denver has to offer. We offer a free airport shuttle, free parking, an Avis car rental in the lobby - even a bus stop on the corner. No matter what you've come to Denver to do, we can help you get there. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future to demonstrate the improvements we've made thanks to your comments.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a large hotel that does a good job with sports groups providing a hot, full breakfast and able to accommodate large groups. The beds are soft, but almost too soft, so members of our party reported waking up with sore backs. The hotel is older and the elevators are very small.

Dear Dianne -

It has been our pleasure to host many sports groups this summer of all ages and sports. The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is one of the largest hotels in the area but we take pride in providing warm, individual service to all our guests. Our team breakfasts have been a big hit this year - to help everyone get a delicious meal with a minimum of fuss so you can get on your way to the games. The Starbucks in our lobby, of course, is also a big favorite! I appreciate your feedback - we are always glad to hear what areas our guests feel deserve special attention. I hope we see you again next summer or any time you are in the Denver area.

Wilmington, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

As A Homebody I Rarely Vacation Except When Family Insists. My Daughters Wedding Brought Me Here. So I Made A Vacation Out Of It. This Was The Perfect Suite With The Perfect View. The Staff And Housekeeping Were The Best. And The Breakfasts And Dinners Were Outstanding. Having A Rental Car Was No Problem, Parking Was Plentiful And Free. We Enjoyed The Hot Tub, Pool And Fitness Room As Well. Thanks

1 Thank Steve M
Dear Steve -

I'm so pleased the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver helped make one of your rare vacations a great experience! We're in the perfect location to make a visit to Denver easy and fun. With ample free parking, quick access to highways, and Denver's best attractions just minutes away, it's a snap to get where you need to be or have everyone gather in our beautiful lobby. I'm especially glad you stayed in one of our suites with a view of Downtown Denver and the fabulous Rocky Mountains. I hope you'll consider getting away again and consider our hotel your home away from home.

Los Angeles, CA, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

wonderfully attractive hotel; beautiful lobby, cafe and bar; friendly and efficient staff and service personnel. I had a fantastically lovely stay at this fine hotel. I will definitely stay here on future visits to Denver.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Lawrence -

I appreciate your wonderful review following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. Our staff takes pride in providing the best in friendly service and comfortable lodging so I will certainly share with them your kind words. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, we are at your service. Everything from a large convention to a quick conference call; a family reunion or meeting up with an old friend; passing through on vacation or having an unexpected layover at the airport - our staff is ready to assist. I look forward to your future visits to Denver!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week, the staff was friendly and helpful, the food was quite good, although a tad bit pricey. The hotel is not near anything, except the bus stop which can get you anywhere you want to go. To be fair, the hotel runs a shuttle to many of the areas you might want to see, excluding the downtown. Overall, a pleasant stay. Be sure to see Mr. Park for an excellent shoe shine.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank fletch0124
Dear Fletch -

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your week's stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. Our staff takes pride in providing a comfortable home away from home for our guests - with friendly service, wonderful facilities, and a convenient location to get in a little sightseeing. We're just 6 miles from Downtown Denver so with an Avis car rental in the lobby, taxi service out front, and the bus stop on the corner, our staff can help make any outing possible. Just across the street is the ever-growing Stapleton area with dining, shopping, and entertainment - and as you mentioned, we provide free shuttle service to the new Northfield Shopping District. I hope you'll come back again - Mr. Park is always delighted to visit with customers!

Denver, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were in Denver just for the weekend, but very much enjoyed our stay at Doubletree. Loved the cookies!! Room service as timely and food was good and hot!! Dining in the resteraunt was also nice and food was great. Pool was fun!! Elevators are small, only negative. Gift shop hostess was so kind and friendly...she is a keeper!! Prices were also very fair!

Dear Don -

I'm delighted the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver added to a fun weekend for you and your family! Whether you're here for business or pleasure, our wonderful staff and facilities will help make your stay all you're hoping for. With our free airport shuttle, ample free parking, and easy highway access, getting here and getting around are a snap. Once here, you can have delicious meals in The Cafe or a relaxing beverage in the Lobby Bar or hang out with the kids at the pool. I hope you'll visit us again soon - we'll have a chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!