“Poor Guest service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Ranked #51 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I contacted guest services 2 times in 15 minutes and both time they were very short with me. Called to talk to a manager and she said she would resolve the situation and get back to me immediately. Never heard back from the Manger on duty.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel provided fine service in a good location to many restaurants, museums, the zoo and other site-seeing activities. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all matters from suggestions for restaurants to uncorking a bottle of wine. They made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Lori -

Thank you so much for your kind review following your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! As you discovered, we have so much to offer our visitors - no matter what the purpose of their visits. We're just 6 miles from Downtown Denver and minutes away from Denver's best attractions, shopping, dining, and entertainment. The fabulous Rocky Mountains are just a day trip away. No matter what you want to do or where you want to go, our friendly staff will help make your stay in Denver a great one.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was a decent value for what we paid- $129, but the staff was extremely difficult to deal with. I got a "no" for every question that I asked, not a, "I'm not sure that we can accommodate that request, but let me see what else we can do to help." There are plenty of other choices in the neighborhood, and I definitely will select another hotel for our soccer team and 15 families in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Mark -

I'm so sorry for the poor experience you had with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. Our staff and management takes pride in providing the best in lodging and service with a can-do attitude so our lapse during your visit is taken very seriously. If you would like to contact me with specifics, I would welcome the conversation. Please be assured I will share your review with our management team to focus on the DoubleTree philosophy of service with our employees. I hope you'll give us another chance in the near future to demonstrate the true hospitality for which DoubleTree is known. If I can be of assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Colorado for a wedding. We needed a Denver hotel for a night that had shuttle service from the airport and was close to car rental. This hotel met both those needs plus it offered large clean rooms, nice restaurants and a nice lobby to wait for the rest of our traveling party.
The shuttle service picked us up right on time outside the east side of the airport. There was an Avis car rental booth right in the hotel lobby where we got great service and a much better price then if we had rented a car at the Denver airport.
We had a late night snack in the hotel sports bar when we arrived. The food was very good for bar food. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet. It normally closes at 10am but they kept it open a few minutes longer so we could get our meal.
We paid for the upgrade for mountain views but the weather did not cooperate and we only saw fog.
I highly recommend this hotel in Denver.

Dear Birder -

I'm delighted the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver provided a home base for your visit to Denver for a wedding. Savvy travelers looking for a great hotel and a reasonably-priced rental car know to take advantage our free guest airport shuttle and the convenient Avis car rental in our lobby. Once here, our beautiful lobby is a wonderful place to gather and our lounges are perfect to relax at the end of the day. In the morning, get going with Starbucks and our DoubleTree Wake Up Breakfast in The Cafe. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, our staff is at your service. I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent one night in this hotel after arriving to DIA. I was not present for the checkin process but my husband was very pleased. We had requested a large king room with a balcony and we did receive it.
The room was very large and had a sofa and easy chair in addition to the king bed, desk and dresser. It was very clean and nice. The bathroom was a bit small in comparison but very efficient, well done and clean. We had a mountain view and overlooked a small park on a fairly quiet street.We were very comfortable and enjoyed the balcony in the nice weather.
We had breakfast in the hotel and it was a very good buffet, however if we had not received free vouchers, I do not think it would be worth the $32.00 charge.
In our opinion this is a good hotel in a great location handy to the airport, loads of shopping and dining and the interstate. I loved having a Starbucks in the lobby. We would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Love the extra large king with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear akmoma -

I appreciate your kind review from your visit with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! Our upgraded mountain view balcony rooms are, indeed, quite nice and as you noticed have an incredible view of Downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountain Front Range. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Our hotel is in a great location no matter your purpose in Denver or how you arrive. Free airport shuttle, ample free parking, easy highway access, even an Avis car rental in the lobby - all make getting here and getting around a snap. Denver's best sights, dining, shopping, and entertainment are just minutes away. I look forward to being your host in Denver again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great hotel, beautiful mountain view. Very nice pool area. Good room service food. Little pricey for one night and 3 of us. \Good location, easy to get to downtown denver, has nice areas to go to in the old stapleton area. shopping, restaurants, everything very easy to get to.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Lori -

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver! Yes - the views from our upgraded west-facing rooms are spectacular with Downtown Denver and the stunning Rocky Mountain Front Range. Those rooms are especially popular on July 4 - a tip for next summer! Our location is, indeed, very convenient. Just a few miles to Downtown Denver, minutes from Denver's best shopping and attractions, across the street from the ever-expanding Stapleton district, and if that's not enough - close to major highways in any direction. I look forward to being your host again soon - perhaps to take in a Rockies game or just a relaxing weekend.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was very pleased with the location in getting to southern portion of Denver for work. Hotel is nearby the interstate for quick travel with lots of restaurants and nearby commerce. I would stay at this location again and am a Hilton Honors Member and continue to book travel at this location on Quebec Street in Denver. Much like when you find a rental car company that meets your needs and develops a membership value system and you stick with what works, Hilton Doubletree Quebec Street is the same.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Allen_Paty, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Joseph Michael -

We are so appreciative of our Hilton HHonors members! The Hilton Family of Brands values your loyalty and we do our utmost to be your first choice worldwide. The DoubleTree by Hilton is a great place to stay regardless of your purpose in Denver. As you discovered, our location is central with easy highway access to anywhere in the area. The ever-growing Stapleton shopping district across the street has shopping and dining for any taste plus Downtown Denver is just 5 miles away for entertainment, attractions, and professional sports venues. I hope you'll visit us again soon - we'll have a chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!