“3.5 star stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wyoming
“3.5 star stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

There was really nothing wrong with this hotel but it wasn't fancy. I would absolutely stay here again and every thing was clean and quiet with a nicely done lobby. We stayed on the 9th floor and looked right out to downtown Denver but right below were some semi-shabby houses. The neighborhood felt safe and the parking and wifi were free so this was a great place for us to stay on a night in Denver.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LilRedNP
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Lil Red -

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the fabulous view of Downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains from our upgraded rooms! In addition to the great view, the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver has so much to offer our guests, such as the free parking and free wifi you mentioned. We have free shuttle service to the airport, an Avis car rental in the lobby as well as Starbucks, a deli and restaurant, and two lounges to relax at the end of a busy day. Our renovated pool & courtyard retreat and fitness center are big favorites with travelers as well as the free business center in our lobby. I hope you'll consider us your home away from home when you come down to Denver.

Allen Paty, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Tempe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We are Season Ticket holders for Rockies baseball from Ft. Collins. Instead of driving back and forth to denver for the entire weekend we stayed here at the Double Tree. Quick & easy trip to the stadium. Very clean and quite. We had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Duane -

I'm delighted you chose the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver as your home base for the Rockies games! We're in such a great location to attend sporting and entertainment events in Downtown Denver - but without the Downtown Prices. We're just 6 miles away and our staff is happy to explain the various transportation options, tips on getting there, where to park, etc. We offer ample free parking, easy highway access, comfortable guestrooms, and delicious food or beverages before or after your outings. I hope you'll be a regular visitor at our hotel no matter what brings you down to Denver.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Perhaps in the heyday of Stapleton Airport this was considered a nice hotel. However it is now a tired dowdy Doubletree. The beds are mounted on old fashion metal frames mine protruded several inches past the bed and was covered by a dust ruffle. Yes as you probably suspect I bumped into it and still have a large gash on my leg. The doorknob for the bathroom came off in my hand every time I closed the door. After complaining both of these issues were repaired.
The restaurant has okay food but absolutely no atmosphere. The bar closed at. 8:30 pm. This is in a sketchy neighborhood and there is no other place to walk to eat. I am not likely to stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Up69
Dear Up -

On behalf of the staff and management of the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver, I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had with us recently. Please be assured I have spoken to our Director of Engineering to inspect all the beds immediately. I would be delighted if you would call me at your convenience so we can discuss the matter. I'm happy to report, however, we are in the planning stages for upgrades throughout the property and also the exterior. I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate the legendary hospitality for which DoubleTree is known. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Loved this hotel. Very upscale from what I thought I was getting. Pool is huge. Not so great shopping in the area. But other Malls are close. Great central location. Hiked in Boulder, Estes, Castle Rock.

Dear James -

Thank you so much for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Denver for your trip to Denver and for your enthusiastic review. You're quite right that we have a great location for any sort of visit to central Colorado. There's easy access to major highways, we have ample free parking, Downtown Denver is just a few miles away, and the fabulous Rocky Mountains are merely an hour's drive. Just across the street is the ever-growing Stapleton area with dining, shopping, and services but also within a few miles is upscale shopping at Northfield, Cherry Creek, and the Pavilions. I hope you come back our way soon and take advantage of all the great things to do in Colorado!

Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

close to shopping, close to airport. the shuttle really helped us on departure day. Cookies are always excellent. the bar was actually nice and lively. rooms were clean and comfortable. I was awakened at 8am by the maid staff... I hated that

Green Features: I never noticed this practice. but since this review is forcing a 50 word comment i guess i will keep typing
1 Thank Uncle-AL-and-Co
Allen_Paty, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Texas Guest -

It was our pleasure to be your home away from home on your visit to Denver! The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver is in the perfect location no matter what your purpose in Denver. We're just minutes from Denver's best attractions, shopping, and entertainment; Downtown Denver is just 6 miles away; the ever-growing Stapleton area is right across the street with restaurants, shops, and services. Our airport shuttle is the largest hotel shuttle operation in the area with service every half hour. Once here, there is an Avis car rental and ample free parking. The Cafe offers delicious food and Starbucks, our Lobby Bar and Characters Sports Bar are available for a relaxing nightcap. I hope your travels bring you back this way and you'll once again make us your hotel of choice.

Laramie, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I arrived at the hotel at around 9 at night. The first room had a big splatter of something on the wall as soon as I walked in. I asked for another room. The second room had a broken air conditioning unit. The third room they gave me had two beds and I had paid for a king size room. My 6 yr old and I arrived in our 4th room an hour and twenty minutes later. This is the second bad experience in this hotel. The first one was in the Spring. We went swimming and the pool water had too much of some chemical which gave my child a massive rash. This is the only time where she had a reaction to pool water. The staff treated the whole room problem as bothersome to them. I was very surprised at their lack of friendliness and lack of professionalism. They did not care about me or my daughter. I won't stay there again.

1 Thank Talia S
Dear Talia -

I'm so sorry for the poor experience you and your daughter had when you arrived at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver. I appreciate your feedback so I can personally speak to the departments involved and focus on improvements immediately. Please be assured I have met with our Director of Housekeeping about room cleanliness and our Director of Engineering about the faulty air conditioning unit. But especially, there is no excuse for anything less than friendly DoubleTree service. Over the next several weeks I'll be working with our Front Desk staff on our guest service philosophies and effectively taking care of issues when they arise. I wish you would contact me directly so we can discuss this further and so I can be of assistance on your next trip down to Denver.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel offers good value and also shuttle serviuce to and from the airport.
Seems to be quite busy in the lobby area.
Room was nice set up and comfortable, although missed maid service one day. I notified the front desk and they responded.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a little bigger - cost a little more.