“Got what we paid for”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stay Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Denver
Stay Inn
Ranked #124 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Salt Lake
“Got what we paid for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were weary after reading the reviews for the Stay Inn but due to our budget and time, this was our last resort. And surprisingly, it was not bad. It is super cheap and you kind of get your money's worth. The management was upfront about the cost and their expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Well this is the honest to God worst place in Denver colorado better yet the worst nonliveable motel on earth, we stayed here for three weeks in June 2013, the entire stay our room had NO air, NO working toilet, NO drawers in dresser,the walls were disgusting filthy, if u walk w/o shoes on just for 3 minutes ur feet are disgusting & completely black..bedbuggs & roach infested ..in ur room the doors have no safty at all I was moved 4 times in one day & all the rooms u can shove the door open completely frpm the outside the owner husband is maintenance & I teld him I did not feel safe knoing the door can bust open with a li shove he said if u don't feel safe u don't need to be here insted of fixing the problem several times people tried to bust in & still owner did nothing..the rooms are disgusting & should not be able to run a professional hotel becuz of major hotel code violations this hotel I guarantee will be shut down very soon, especially since I'm going to try to do something about it..I have recorded conversations with entire staff here & pictures of the unsafe rooms & getting stuck on elevater many times all of everything was recored ...so my advice to u, STAY AWAY FROM THE SYAY INN ON PEORIA & EAST 38 AVE....especially. if u have disabilies,becuz they careless...all the mattresses were completely brown & black from filth too...

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank angelawishkeno

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband went to rent a room from then using my bank card while i was at work. After 1 1/2 hours the told my husband he had 15 min to get out or give them more money or show them my id because the card he used wasn't in his name i work 45 min away. I call them and ask what's going on ask they said is he Cant give them the id and they refunded the money they refuse to give proof of that it wad refunded. I asked why they even charged it and he refused to answer me and hung up. Them told my husband they would rent three room to him because what i said!!! I'm calling the bank and making sure those charges don't show up!!

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

It is a cheap motel but not worth the price at all, you are seriously better off sleeping in your car. The day we checked in I was horrified when I walked into the room. We had paid for a month and there were no refunds so we were stuck there. I had to spend 2 days cleaning the room. The room smelled, I had to scrub blood off the walls, the bathroom looked as though it had never been cleaned, there were stains on the sheets, and to my horror I discovered roaches in the drawers. I had to take the sheets off the bed and buy new sheets just so we could sleep in the bed. I spent hours cleaning the bathroom with bleach but there was still some disgusting stench which I'm guessing was mold. We didn't dare taking our clothes out of our suitcases.The hallways outside smelled like urine and there was vomit and used condoms on the stairs. Every day there were people sitting in the stairwells asking for a cigarette while smoking crack. Each night there would be new people in the room next door to ours making a lot of noise or getting arrested. One night the people in the room next door were fighting and somebody actually smashed the window out.4 people died while we were staying there and the coroners van, ambulances, and police were constantly in the parking lot. It was an extremely dangerous place to stay.The last night we were there, there was a shoot out at the bar across the street. This motel is what I imagine hell would be like. PLEASE do not stay at the stay inn if you are at all concerned with your safety,health, and well being. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE STAY INN!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank angelc233
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I should have known to leave when I saw people rolling joints on the stairs, or when a car pulled up and asked my kids if they knew who was selling crank here. My wife saw housekeeping in action. After people checked out he would make the bed without changing the sheets. When we told the clerk she was offended. Bed bugs, urine, and trash is what the rooms have plenty of. Internet, tv channel's and long distance calls they advertise but do not have.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank chalkte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Crack heads, bed bugs, drug dealers, prostitute, DANGEROUS, pool filled with trash, this place should be shut down as a public menace, Run for your life the worst motel in denver, donna the crackhead clerk is rude nasty and just a terrible person, rooms are nasty I found used rubbers, used tampons and needles in the room hallways covered in urine and vomit, if you value your families safety then pass this place up

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Magurch
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

A few friends and I decided to find a cheap hotel in Denver after a week long camping trip in Utah. Anything had to be more comfortable than sleeping in a tent in below zero temps, right? Wrong. The minute we stepped into the room we were overwhelmed by an indescribable stench, sort of a mix between B.O. and old food, but worse. A quick look around revealed a giant bubble of mold hanging over the tub, a staggering amount of rat turds on about every surface, and a chair that was coated with about an inch of some crusty white funk. We stood in the room for about two minutes, none of us willing to sit or even put our stuff down before we decided to get out. Of course the manager was gracious and apologetic and immediately refunded our money......NOT. The woman at the front desk seemed livid at us for having the nerve to point out the squalor that her hotel indeed was. She told us that as soon as we signed the bill we forfeited our money and "there was nothing she could do". Stay out of the Stay Inn, at all costs. There is a Quality Inn next door, spend the extra money, it is easily worth avoiding this nightmare of a hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank J_R082011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
WoodSpring Suites Aurora Denver Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Gateway Park
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gateway Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denver East-Peoria Street
Residence Inn Denver Airport
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#77 of 156 in Denver

Been to Stay Inn? Share your experiences!