“Great stay”

Ranked #64 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The room was way better than expected, everything was up to date and modern. The bed was comfortable and TV new. We had a Balcony that looked out at the city skyline, it was fantastic. This hotel was great I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ktraveler1017
Comfort_Inn_Mgmt, Manager at Comfort Inn Central, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Thank you for the great review!

I hope that you will continue to make us your preferred hotel in the Denver area. When visiting us in the future, please call me prior to your arrival and I would love to make your stay more enjoyable.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Miami Lakes, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My son and I reserved one room each for 5 days. We arrived on 5/26/14.
Upon arrival I found the bedding had not been changed in my room. The bed sheet was stained with bodily fluids...further the duvet had blood stains on it. Management offered no explanations, simply gave me another room. I could not sleep that night: If you are a light or medium sleeper stayed someplace else: It''s like your head is hanging over I25, the noise does not abate at all during the night or early morning. To top it all off there is a train yard or crossing nearby and the trains whistle are really something to behold during the night. Breakfast was good.
Needless to say we canceled the four remaining days of our stay and went someplace else.
Ahh, no apologies or anything on part of management. It was like either they could not care less or had heard it all before.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Qaviar
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel!

I would like to apologize completely on the behalf of the management team. We should have acknowledged the problem at the hotel level and accommodated you and you son in better circumstances. I hope that you will allow our hotel a second chance at a first impression and we can make your next stay more enjoyable.

Lafayette, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked stay at this hotel because of trade show participation at the Denver Merchandise Mart next door...looks like the rooms have been redone...basic structure of some of the room is still dated, but the dressing (bed, tv, microwave, fridge, sheets, pillows) are pretty nice! The towels need to be updated as well, little dinky old things that don't quite match the giant flat screen tv and the nice comforter and towel.

Staff have been very friendly so far, they also offer a nice breakfast, with lots of options, so that was nice to have included in the stay. Fitness room and little pool look nice so think in general they have done a nice job of trying to upgrade the place.

Location really isn't great for anything except for the Mart...no restaurants nearby outside of fast food joints and the neighborhood simply is dingy...my room is on the first floor and the place in general smells a little smoky, like they cleaned it up but they couldn't get the underlying smoke smell out from the walls or something. Also, the noise from I-25 and the train was a bit distracting for someone who is a light sleeper like I am...

So, think they are an ok place to stay but would not stay again if I have other options...certainly better than some places I have stayed in the past so not all that bad but...think it is worth it to drive to the Mart if that is why you are here...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank H777
Thank you for the review!

While we are not directly next to any sit down restaurants, we do offer complimentary shuttle service to many local sit down restaurants and even offer discounts at a few downtown locations. It is possible that someone smoked in the room prior to your arrival; we should not have placed you in that room and I apologize. I hope that you will provide us with a second chance and we can become your preferred hotel in the Denver area.

Intervale, NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The pool (seasonal) was still closed although to be fair the weather was not very warm. The breakfast is no longer cooked to order and everything was lukewarm at best. The bar menu is limited and mostly frozen options. The did have NBC sports so we could watch the hockey but everything seemed a step down from my visit in September when it was full to the brim with Red Sox fans.

Room Tip: top floor facing downtown in the distance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review!

I completely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We have had to make changes to the hotel that were less than enjoyable for both staff and guests. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to the Denver area.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is not central to the city of Denver as it claims to. It is good 20-30 minute drive through back lanes and slums to get into the city. They have a shuttle bus which runs on the hour but does not collect you when they are asked. The pillows on the bed are small and horrid. They smell of other peoples dirty hair. The towels are thin and old. The staff don't seem to know what is going on despite being told. There is nowhere close by to eat except I the city or in the hotel bar/dinning room. People are knocking on the room door late at night and it is scary as you never know who it is. They don't answer when challenged but go away.The toaster at breakfast doesn't,t even work and staff don't know how to work it either. All round pretty poor and not recommend this place at all. We stayed there for two nights last week and you won,t find me there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julietta W
Thank you for the review!

I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We do offer the complimentary shuttle service to many local restaurants and downtown locations. Since your last stay, we have teamed up with our sister hotels and now do our best to work with one another on shuttle service. We also have replaced all towels and constantly making changes to the hotel. I hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last 12-18 months. They have made, and are making, definite improvements. Little things, like new luggage carts with big rubber wheels. Big things, like made to order omelets in the morning on top of a nice breakfast buffet. Rooms are being redone, they now have a restaurant and bar open each evening. However, the restaurant will close early with no warning if, according the desk staff, "it's slow". I ate dinner there once and the burger and fries were very good. Tap beer, including micros, is 7 bucks.

3rd floor rooms and above have a small balcony with a sliding door for fresh air, stepping out to have a smoke, etc. 4 rooms on the first floor open to the outdoor pool. The pool faces west and is good sized, well maintained, and has plenty of chairs/tables for sitting around watching the kids. 2 elevators, which has never seemed to be an issue. They are attached to the Denver Merchandise Mart - so, if a show is going on there room prices will be higher, parking will be tight, etc.

The rooms have been a work in progress throughout my stays as they upgrade them. In general, the bathrooms are tiny. Very little counter space with the toilet/sink/shower crammed in to the room. Full size tub/shower. Rooms themselves are quite large, some of the largest I've seen in a Comfort Inn anywhere. Even with 2 queens you have more than ample walking space, etc. Desks and work chairs are provided in both queen and king rooms, along with a fridge and micro. Plenty of plug ins around the desk area.

The hotel is cast or poured concrete so is dead quiet. I was quite surprised one night to step out of my room and hear the loud party going on next door - couldn't hear a thing in my room. There is not a sprinkler system, however in this construction it should not be an issue if God forbid.........

Last, but important, watch the room prices through choice hotels. This property often times changes rates 7-14 days out from a given date, and almost always down! So, book to get your room, but then check back every few days the 2 weeks prior to arrival to see if they have changed.

Room Tip: Highway side will have more noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rsiemers
Thank you for the review!

We are constantly making changes to the hotel and are always trying to improve the overall experience of our guests. I hope that you will make another visit to our location and experience some of these changes.

Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was full, both nights. They have just recently renovated their rooms. We have stayed at this hotel for several years, off and on, and always our main complaint has been the poor breakfast. However, the breakfast room is now moved to the dining room and the food service is very much improved! They even offer a sit-down restaurant, which we didn't try. We congratulate the management in their decision to make these necessary improvements. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is nice, the food is competitive with other hotels and the value is good. What more can they offer? Well......there really isn't that much parking for the size of the hotel. When they are full and there is a show at the neighboring Merchant Mart, then parking is a major problem! Be sure you check if there is a show before you make a reservation here. We suggest a major overhaul on parking for guests only. Also, getting off I-25 onto 58th Ave is a little tricky, so watch the lane changes, both in and out of the hotel lot! 58th is a busy street.

Room Tip: Higher floor room offers good view of Denver lights and mountain range.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monte H
Thank you for the great review!

Our rooms have been improved extensively over the last year; breakfast, rooms, gym, meeting spaces, etch... I'm glad that you were able to experience these upgrades! One more change to look forward to in the coming months, an enforced parking lot during events! I hope that you will stay with us again on your visit to the Denver area.