“This is a real bargain”

Ranked #119 of 157 Hotels in Denver
California
“This is a real bargain”
Reviewed 22 July 2006

We stayed at the Hotel over the 4th of July and it was a great bargain. Our room was nice and the breakfast was great! Eggs, Waffles, Fruit, Breads, Yogurt, Cereal, Coffee and Juice. The Business center was nice and we had free wireless.

I almost did not book because of a bad review or 2 on here, however I am very glad I did. For a Hotel at this price, we thought it was vry nice. They have a cool sports bar.

• Liked — Great Rate, Great Breakfast
  • Disliked — No Hot Tub
  • Tips/Secrets — This is a bargain!
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JPPARC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 7 July 2006

The hotel was very dirty and smelled horrible on our floor, but not our friends. Stair wells and halls were dirty, dark and scary. The pool was cloudy and didn't look safe to swim in. The restaurant food at crazy petes was delicious but we got very sick about 6 hours later. Would not stay again . . . ever!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 3 July 2006

I booked this place on ORBITZ as part of an air/hotel package and what a mistake I made!! Last year we stayed at the Westin Westminster and I will never be frugal again when staying in Denver. We(my daughter and I were in town for a weeklong softball tourney) arrived on a Tues afternoon about 3:30 pm and went to the front desk to check in. Upon arrival we find out that they don't have any rooms with 2 beds and non-smoking like we requested. Well needless to say I got a little steamed because I had just called the hotel the night before to confirm and they said yes we have your room with 2 beds /non smoking. Yeah right!! We ended up with a King Bed and smoking!! Manager(young guy with glasses) was very rude and didn't try to accomadate us at all. He said that if a room opened up he would move us. NOT!!! Well we get up to the room and open the door and there is water all over the room, carpet and all. So I have to go back down stairs to the front desk and get another room. We walked into the room and man did it smell bad!!!
I ended up going to Walgreens and bying a candle and febreeze just to help us get to sleep. Needless to say i didn't sleep well that night. The next day we went down to the lobby and had the breakfast. Not a bad selection for a continental breakfast but the previous reviews were right, the tables are very sticky. UCKK! As for the hotel, the carpets are very old and dingy as were the curtains in the rooms. I can see why Days Inn sold it, it's a dump!! I got a bad feeling right away when I drove up and saw a banner on the hotel advertising weekley and monthy rates. Not a good sign. There was a couple good points though. Free internet(2 terminals) in the lobby, plentiful laundry room, and a large pool. The sports bar is nice also! I just was very dissapointed in the overall experience at this hotel. I have been traveling for 30+ years and this is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I will defintley tell everyone I know to stay away from this place. They don't give a hoot about the customer!!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Davelo1
Reviewed 26 June 2006

These suites have great potential. The bedroom with kitchen area is spacious. Could be nice with redecoration, new carpets and clean curtains. The carpet and curtains were very dirty. Net curtains were actually black! Bed clean enough and the buffet breakfast was fine - make your own waffles, fruit and the usual things. Just about ok for a night - certainly very cheap at $39.99 which should have rung alarm bells. It will cost approx $20 for a taxi into the town centre from here.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas
Reviewed 15 June 2006

I booked a king suite through Denver.com (confirmed with credit card for late arrival) and received a rate of $39. When I arrived at 9pm, they did not have my reservation printed out with the other reservations. The clerk did find my reservation in the system though and told me that I was lucky as they only had one room left (a 2 double-bed suite). I didn't mind the double bed suite instead of a king suite, but it did bother me that I had confirmed the reservation with a credit card for late arrival and had I arrived later, I most likely would not have had a room!

The room was nice, roomy, and clean. The kichenette was nice to have and everything (frig, stove, microwave, dishes, etc) was clean. The bathroom though needed some improving due to cracks and such.

The Sports Bar was excellent. Great bartender, very good menu selection, tasty food, and atmosphere was good. The breakfast area was nice and clean, but the selection was lousy as the buffet was not kept stocked.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Tammy S
Reviewed 16 May 2006

We booked on the internet and got an awesome rate. The rooms are very nice. They offer a much better free breakfast than most. The bar was great. We ordered a Pizza that was really good. This is a well run property and the people were really nice.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alaska
Reviewed 7 May 2006

My husband, baby and I stayed at this hotel for one night last week. We arrived into DIA late and by the time we got our rental car and got to the hotel it was midnight. We were very tired and when we entered the room, my heart sank, it smelled so bad! Like old smoke and must and mildew or something. The rooms were large, lots of space to spread out, great full size fridge with sink, stovetop and microwave, probably for extended stays. I had a very hard time sleeping because it smelled so bad and the pillows were old and bumpy. My husband thought it was a bargain and that I should be grateful for the deal, but I could not get over the smell! I'm sorry, the staff was great, helpful and the breakfast was typical complimentary stuff. I don't have much else to say but if you can get past the smell, then this may be a great deal for you.

• Stayed April 2006