“Great Stay - Great Location - Loved It”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #114 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location to most downtown areas I wanted to go to. Especially to see the Broncos. I was greeted with the most friendly staff I have come in contact with in a long time. The room was very clean and very convenient parking location to my room. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: call ahead and ask for the area of the hotel you .
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JeannieLeiva
DenverManager901, Manager at La Quinta Inn Denver Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Dear Jeannie
Thank you so much for your comments! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future! GO BRONCOS!

Happy Travels!
Tonya Thompson – General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2011

Great Value! Clean, very good service, fast internet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was in Denver for a 3 day training in the state capitol area and stayed at the La Quinta Inn Denver Central. My colleague and I stayed here because they were one of the few hotels in the downtown area that was not completely booked for the nights we needed. We had two of the rooms that opened directly to the outside and the rooms were both in bad shape - her shower wouldn't drain and the heater in my room only put out heat if it was cranked ALL the way up. We had requested non-smoking rooms and were put in smoking rooms, which had remnants of ash and cigarette burns in numerous areas. The sheets looked as though they had not been laundered - we called room service and requested for the rooms to be cleaned while we went to get food. The front desk person said they would get it taken care of - the new sheets that were put on the bed looked even dirtier than the first set. I took the towels from the bathroom and laid those down so I wouldn't have to sleep on the sheets. Even worse - the doors that led straight out to the parking lot and street looked as though people had attempted numerous times to kick them in. The top and bottom of my door were bent badly enough that I could see the lights from outside streaming in when it when dark in the room. This motel is also not in the best neighborhood in the city - there are numerous homeless shelters nearby and by the time we had returned from dinner both nights we were there, there were several of them panhandling nearby. It was also an extremely noisy area with the railyard and interstate right next to the motel. We also heard gunshots and sirens the first night we were there and the sound of a drunken fight the second night. The front desk staff was friendly and tried to be helpful and they had a continental breakfast, but those were the only good points about this place. My colleague and I only stayed the second night because were unable to change hotels due to a 24 hour cancellation policy for our reservation and because our company wouldn't pay for a different room if they were going to still be charged for this room. We actually contemplated sleeping in the car in the parking lot of a nicer hotel and probably would have done so if the weather had been nicer. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank LisaM81
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Good (+)
Hotel is located right next to I-25, and close to downtown and a stone's throw to Coors Field.
Fiendly and accomodating staff
There is a gas station and McDonald's next door
Rooms were clean and well lit
Beds were very comfortable as were the pillows
Free wireless internet in the room
Hotel security on-site throughout the night

Bad (-)
There is a less-than-average continental breakfast in the AM
Located next to I-25 and a major railyard - so you get the noise all night
The back of the hotel is a bit sketchy

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Don't ask for an early check-in. Even if your room IS clean, they won't check you in until after 3pm.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betti J
Reviewed 9 May 2010

The 10-15 minute walk to the ballpark was great. Better than waiting in traffic getting out of the ballpark lots. It is a older hotel but is clean and has good wireless internet.
The fronk desk people was nice also. I never had any problems with the neighborhood. If you are a light sleeper wear ear plugs as it is close to the rail yard. Would deffinalty stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jimkip
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The location is great! You are close enough to Lodo to walk. Although I suggest taking a taxi back after dark. The Hotel is older but was OK. The room was very roomy and clean. Except someone left condoms in the drawer, unused! It was kind of noise because we had an ice machine right outside or door. Someone was getting ice at 5:00 A.M! We stayed in a room above the lobby and had an indoor entrance most the rooms have outside ones. So it may be a little noisy since the location is on a very busy road! Would probably stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple